• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you believe in God, or some similar thing?

Cannabiskitty

To Kill the Child; to Set the Adult Free
Each to their own. Since we are the creators of our subjective world we can shape it any way we want, fill it with unicorns and rainbows, make it our own little heaven. Sometimes reality just doesn't fit there.

That is incorrect. All things exist in the same reality and must all follow the same design. The only way to create a new reality is to change the already existing one.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
That is incorrect. All things exist in the same reality and must all follow the same design. The only way to create a new reality is to change the already existing one.

How can one man's trash another man's treasure if we all live in the same reality?

SSJ3Mewtwo

How to make an active forum thread in which everyone glares at one another:
Step 1: Religion
Step 2: Profit
Done

Please keep your replies on topic. The thread topic is "Do you believe in God, or some similar thing?"

Sure, topics wander a bit. But please don't try to further drag things off their intended topic.

Reptillicus

Let folks believe what they want, so long as they ain't hurting anybody or demanding it be taught in Science class...or receive hundreds of millions in taxpayer money to build a fake boat as a fake museum, with fake dinosaur cages.
this^ fuck anyone that thinks they should tell other people what to believe
I do believe in something anyway

SSJ3Mewtwo

This is just a general notice to all: Please keep your replies on topic.

Things are wandering more than a little, and more and more it's just towards the angle of general controversy (again). If you have comments relative towards the main topic, by all means post them. If your comments are geared more towards miring things in muck/controversy, hold on them.

If you are not religious (or at least believe in a deity), say why.

If you are religious (or at least believe in a deity), say why.

Those are the aims of the topic.

Cannabiskitty

I would be interested in hearing a theory about god that doesn't ask me to believe in a being who exists outside of our perception. I mean who is to stop me from considering Freddie Mercury to be a god? And why not? The definition of god is interpreted in so many different ways it would be appropriate to say that we worship an abundance of gods.

SSJ3Mewtwo

Cannabiskitty

I think that god is whatever or whoever you worship on a daily basis. This does not mean that god has to be an actual sentient being, though it can be but more of an icon that brings you to terms with your day to day struggles. All you have to do is look at your every day rituals if you have them and try to work out your individual deities. Music. Art. Video games. Television. Cleaning. Friends. Family. etc.

Zaedrin

Are there any other geeks here that get a bit too excited with charts like this? The Big Religion Chart - ReligionFacts I have it saved to my computer. *_*
One thing I found really fascinating was the prevalence of "reincarnation until enlightenment/liberation/heaven/etc." regarding the afterlife, and just how often reincarnation popped up in general.

What all is involved in it?

"What all is involved?" I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
I was brought up Roman Catholic, which in my house meant that we went to church and judged ourselves and others for our little discrepancies..... which was lame as anything now that I think back. After doing some stumbling in the dark because I couldn't take that mindset anymore, I found that I still believed that there was some sort of divinity that if called upon would come and help you in some form or another but didn't really care about the little mistakes you made or even big ones as long as you learn from them I guess. I've also had some really odd experiences that I could only describe as spiritual or paranormal as well as one very freaky er.... premonition? Which somehow ended up being right. So there's got to be SOMETHING. Even if it isn't a god. Something is out there based on my experiences alone.

KittenAdmin

Sup nerds
So here are my thoughts on the matter:

We are probably the only thing on this planet that understands that one day we will inevitably die. No matter what we think, as we get closer and closer to an age where death begins to loom before us, we more and more start to seek comfort in the possibility of something more when we leave this earth. I've seen it happen with older friends of mine quite a bit when they hit that mid-life crisis area.

The thing to understand is that nothing has permanence, not even this universe. At some point everything is going to evaporate into energy and there will be nothing but blackness. We live to live in the moment. After we die, who cares what happens? We'll be dead. Enjoy life as it is now. Take a deep breath of that fresh air, go for a hike, explore a VR world, enjoy a night out with friends and family. Those collection of moments are what together craft the intricate tapestry of your life. You only get one, make it count.

ElZorroValdez

Milk Bar Regular
I believe in a large monster, with two large meatspheres that constructs its frame, and many noodle-like appendages of which it uses to grace you.

Jazz Panther

Swing the Mood!
The only people who deserve to suffer are those who had it coming to them. You know the ones. The ones who cause other people's lives to be miserable. They lie, they cheat, they double-cross, they back stab, and they do all of this because they get amusement from it. These are the people who should at least suffer a little. . .and hopefully in the end, they can be turned to God, who will show them the light.
That's the great thing about God. God's forgiveness is eternal. No matter how far you go down the wrong road in life, so long as you believe in God and have faith in knowing that he'll be there for you in the end, you can have a fulfilling heart that is good and pure. However, you have to be fulfilling. There are the seven sins which God dispises of which you must avoid. Should you avoid these (and sadly, in this day and age, we end up committing all seven at some point in our lives), you will have a pure heart, and God will love you for it.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
The only people who deserve to suffer are those who had it coming to them. You know the ones.
The only people who deserve to suffer are the ones who deserve to suffer, and we all know who those are. :V

FonzieThSuperWizard

AAAAAAAAAAAAYAAA!!! *beats up his keyboard*
Jesus is the way and light. :3 'Nuff said.