• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you believe in love?

Do you?

• I believe in love

Votes: 80 69.0%
  • I dont

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • I dont know...

Votes: 26 22.4%

• Total voters
Depends on what you're definition of love is. The kinds of love that do exist can be boiled down to instincts that are beneficial to pack animals and if the correct stimuli is applied any of these bonds can be easily destroyed. A mother can be made to hate her child, a man can be be made to hate his wife. Mentally humans are pretty much infinitely malleable, love is no different.

As for the magical all conquering love depicted in movies and the like, that's a huge pile of grandiose bullshit. At best it's a brilliant marketing scheme designed to make people feel inadequate so that they'll be compelled to consume a lot of shit they don't need, and at worst it's a sickening manifestation of the ignorant vanity our species insists on clinging to.

Last edited:

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
"Don't need a fancy car
I like you just the way you are
You know it's plain to see
That you're the only one for me"

ROFL, That's some bad lyrics.

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
What is love
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
Oh, baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more

OMG, Haddaway Alert! Run for your lives!

Journey

PEEPS!
I'm not sure. I've had friends tell me it can happen anytime anywhere, but for me if it does exist it keeps hiding around the corner when I walk past

FurryPanther

Endorphin Extraordinaire
Love is just a word we use to describe a particular phenomena. This phenomena quite obviously exists which means our descriptor is valid. Thus, love exists whether or not you want to believe it. Sure it's all in your head, but that is what we define it as.

True. By scientific definition, it's nothing more than an addiction to the chemicals (serotonin or dopomine being the big one, I forget which) that are released when the person comes into contact with another. So love is no more than addictive behavior. Whether or not you consider that the happy go lucky, storybook love is up to you.

However, I do believe that some people, namely those who don't believe in it, are those who have been severely hurt, and as such are so guarded that their body is incapable of forming the addiction, since they don't allow the necessary emotions to associate with the person in question. So they never experience love, as it were.

Midi Bear

11/10/08
I believe in love. It's when you see two old coots still married after several decades and still enjoying being with each other. Rare, maybe, but it's still somewhere out there, and I think we all have an equal chance of finding it.

Bambi

Joined 2008 - Returned 2022
Do I believe in love?

Yes. ...

...that's it. I do.

T

Tycho

I believe in hate, which is theoretically the polar opposite of love... so I guess I acknowledge the existence of love when I believe in hate.

There are different "variants" of love, also. Love between family members (familial bond), e.g.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Love is just a word we use to describe a particular phenomena. This phenomena quite obviously exists which means our descriptor is valid. Thus, love exists whether or not you want to believe it. Sure it's all in your head, but that is what we define it as.
Indeed. It is chemical interaction, but it's what we make of the experience that defines our love. I'm not sure if I believe in it or not, but then again, I struggle expressing emotions already.

FurryPanther

Endorphin Extraordinaire
I believe in hate, which is theoretically the polar opposite of love... so I guess I acknowledge the existence of love when I believe in hate.

I'd disagree. For me, the polar opposite of love is indifference.

There are different "variants" of love, also. Love between family members (familial bond), e.g.

Hence why Greek is far superior to English in this respect.

Bambi

T

Tycho

I'd disagree. For me, the polar opposite of love is indifference.

hmmm.

(tries to picture it as an RPG ethical/moral alignment grid)

LOVE-???-???
???-???-???
HATE-???-INDIFFERENCE

hmmm.... no, doesn't seem right somehow...

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
... wut?

P.S., Azure, what do you look like btw? Pics, or u didn't happen.
I look like a white dude, Scots Irish heritage style. And yes, I have extreme trouble expressing emotions in person. Anything beyond rage or joy is trouble for me.

Bambi

I look like a white dude, Scots Irish heritage style. And yes, I have extreme trouble expressing emotions in person. Anything beyond rage or joy is trouble for me.

WTF?

E.T., didn't touch your "ouch", did he?

Oh yeah, so it doesn't get too off topic - MAI BOI sending BAMBI *PM's* is what all true warriors strive for! Esplain' yoself!

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Everyone has their own version of love, and what they concidered the opposite of their love.

Marodi

It's doesn't exist to those who had their heart ripped out.
I've had that happend to me :( I got cheated on earlier this year, my ex girlfriend got drunk and made out with like...7 people in one night, when i was there...she was doing it right in front of me, the pain was unbearable. We had been together for 11 months...

I'm enjoying single life at the moment, not particularly interested in being in love for now. But love does still exist, and i will have me some again, eventually :)

mctanuki

Fursuiting Nerd
I can't explain all the feelings that you're making me feel with this question. I mean, it is as if my heart is in overdrive, and you're behind the steering wheel. I could be touching you, you could be touching me; if that were to happen, I'd think "Touching you! God you're touching me!"

So yeah, I suppose I believe in a thing called "Love". I mean, just take an audible measure of my pulse. I truly do believe there's a chance that you and I could make it now. If so, I assure you that we will be rocking until well after dusk. Given all this, I would say that I believe in a thing called "Love".

Honestly, I would like to kiss you every minute. No, on second thought, every hour. Okay, that's still too much. How about every day? The point is: you've got me in a spin. But don't worry too much about that, as I'm fine. Especially if you I'm touching you, and you're touching me. Let me repeat that for emphasis: I am touching you, and you are touching me.

So, if that's what you want to call it, I do indeed believe in a thing called "Love".

If you need proof, then simply listen to the cadences created by my heart's beating. There is a chance that we could make it now, and will be rocking until the later part of the evening, at the very least.

Suffice to say, I believe in a thing called "Love", indeed. So much so, that I am now tempted to repeat my previous sentiments.