• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do You Cook?

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
Very very true. Garlic's immuno-beneficiant and general heart health are amazing. IMO no good roast is ever complete with out at least a bit of garlic.

There's a reason why Emeril's audience cheers whenever he adds garlic to a dish.

Sorry, Mr. Cullen.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
I would not risk making tartare with ground beef... Most beef products as long as it's bloody is generally safe for consumption. let the blood pool and the color change and I'd toss it.

You should never make tartare ground beef. Medium at worst.

Most bacteria on a steak is usually on the outside of the cut. Therefore, the juicy, pink inside 'should' be containment free. With any ground meat, the contaminants are spread throughout which calls for more thorough cooking to make sure any bacteria on it is killed.

I cook regularly from scratch, sometimes growing my own ingredients. This past summer has allowed me to grow my own basil and oregano along with beefsteak tomatoes and peppers.

An easy tomato salad can be made using six beefsteak tomatoes, one garlic clove, 1/4 cup chopped basil/oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Cut the tomato into wedges and then season them with the salt, letting them stand. Drain the liquid that comes off, then add the other ingredients and toss. It can be enjoyed with fresh mozzarella balls or can accompany several different cuts of beef, preferably a london broil or filet mignon.

Also just made some vodka sauce from scratch with rigatoni pasta. Melt a half stick of butter in a sauce pan and saute one chopped garlic clove with 5 oz chopped prosciutto or pancetta. Add a quarter cup of vodka and reduce. Then add 12 oz of heavy cream and 12 oz of marinara sauce (use more or less marinara depending on your preference of color. This recipe will make a bright orange, but I prefer mine looking a bit more brick red, while others like their's more pink). Let simmer, then cook one package of rigatoni pasta until al dente. Drain pasta, and throw it back into the pasta pot. Add sauce, 1 egg (pasta and sauce will cook it), 1 package of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan. Mix well and serve.

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
Garlic is amazing! it's one of 3 easily acquired flavor enhancers.

Tell me about it. I've known vampires that eat them by the bucketful even though it's bad for them. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't kill them. It just turns them sparkly and gay.

Zenia

I love garlic. I will take a bulb, peel all the cloves then wrap them in tinfoil with some butter and seasoning salt. Bake it at 400F for an hour, then eat it with steak, pork chops, chicken, meatloaf... any meat really. Adding hot sauce and pan-fried mushrooms makes it extra good.

No one will like your for a while afterward (I really hate that all bodily excretions smell extra terrible after eating garlic) but it is worth it. It tastes sooooooo good!

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
I love garlic. I will take a bulb, peel all the cloves then wrap them in tinfoil with some butter and seasoning salt. Bake it at 400F for an hour, then eat it with steak, pork chops, chicken, meatloaf... any meat really. Adding hot sauce and pan-fried mushrooms makes it extra good.

No one will like your for a while afterward (I really hate that all bodily excretions smell extra terrible after eating garlic) but it is worth it. It tastes sooooooo good!

it might just be the type of garlic you're using. Different cultivars have varying amounts of chemicals.

Velystord

Bloodsail Admiral
garlic
cinnamon (very small amounts as it can over power most taste with ease)
and chili powder makes for a good seasoning mix when cooking meat in my experiences

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
Trying growing them at home. Garlic sprouts are amazingly easy to grow and have a much lighter garlic flavor but still many of the same health benefits.

Just take a shallow pan/dish fill it half way with water. Take a bulb of garlic, break off the bottom rooty part and set it in the water. Within a day you should start seeing the sprouts growing. Add water as necessary. The first harvest should be ready in a week. generally up to 3 harvests per bulb.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
What fruits and vegetables besides garlic, prunes and pumpkin seeds do you recommend if one chose to cleanse their body and bowels?

Velystord

Bloodsail Admiral
What fruits and vegetables besides garlic, prunes and pumpkin seeds do you recommend if one chose to cleanse their body and bowels?
you could just go to a mom and pop heath food store and pick up colon cleanse
after taking you might want to stay away from unventilated restrooms

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
They're great in stirfrys :)

@LA - Have you tried flax seeds / seed oil?

May I ask exactly why you're detoxing?

Not sure whether I should or not. Since my diet is mainly eat what you find, I haven't been able to take a regular dump for a while.

Velystord

Bloodsail Admiral
Not sure whether I should or not. Since my diet is mainly eat what you find, I haven't been able to take a regular dump for a while.
trust me that colon cleanse will clean you out
it will just make your poo smell horrible until your clean

Runa

I'm actually REALLY into cooking...but my family SUCKS monster balls.

My father is picky, can't eat spices, won't touch broccoli or mushrooms, and dislikes most vegetables. Is picky with his meats
My mother is also picky, can't eat white rice or any spices/seasonings, likes everything bland as can be.
My brother is the worst, he despises most meats (other than burgers and hot dogs, occasionally fish), and his 'tastes' in everything else changes weekly it seems. what he LOVES one week he'll claim he's hated his entire life.

Needless to say, for someone with a genuine interest in culinary arts, this is really painful to bear....I remember the first time I left the skins on my mashed potatoes, hoooollyyyyyy shit....in spite of the fact the skin houses much of the nutrients and minerals in potatoes (the actual flesh of the potato is mostly starch and water), as well as the garlic seasonings I added, you'd figure it'd be a massive hit...it wasn't.

My parents like their thin, rock-hard cookies...so when I actually learned to make cookies myself, I got criticised for it. suuuure, they were soft and chewey like cookies should be, but I got yelled at for a half hour for criticising my mom's flat, crunchy, borderline burnt cookies. Even worse,t hey demanded I cook them in her style...the greatest insult to a baker. When it comes to food I HATE my parents. Seriously. (brother, too)

That said, I've made some amazing pasta dishes, finally learned to make alfredo from scratch, make the best roast in all of ever, and am learning to make an equally epic gravy to go with it.

For example, my mother, brother, and myself all LOVE broccoli....so I bought a steamer to keep the flavor of the broccoli intact while cooking it. Put some butter and salt on ait and BAM, that's like a perfect snack to me....it took me 6 months to get them accustomed to steaming their vegetables instead of boiling them. Sad, really.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
I'm actually REALLY into cooking...but my family SUCKS monster balls.

My father is picky, can't eat spices, won't touch broccoli or mushrooms, and dislikes most vegetables. Is picky with his meats
My mother is also picky, can't eat white rice or any spices/seasonings, likes everything bland as can be.
My brother is the worst, he despises most meats (other than burgers and hot dogs, occasionally fish), and his 'tastes' in everything else changes weekly it seems. what he LOVES one week he'll claim he's hated his entire life.

Needless to say, for someone with a genuine interest in culinary arts, this is really painful to bear....I remember the first time I left the skins on my mashed potatoes, hoooollyyyyyy shit....in spite of the fact the skin houses much of the nutrients and minerals in potatoes (the actual flesh of the potato is mostly starch and water), as well as the garlic seasonings I added, you'd figure it'd be a massive hit...it wasn't.

My parents like their thin, rock-hard cookies...so when I actually learned to make cookies myself, I got criticised for it. suuuure, they were soft and chewey like cookies should be, but I got yelled at for a half hour for criticising my mom's flat, crunchy, borderline burnt cookies. Even worse,t hey demanded I cook them in her style...the greatest insult to a baker. When it comes to food I HATE my parents. Seriously. (brother, too)

That said, I've made some amazing pasta dishes, finally learned to make alfredo from scratch, make the best roast in all of ever, and am learning to make an equally epic gravy to go with it.

For example, my mother, brother, and myself all LOVE broccoli....so I bought a steamer to keep the flavor of the broccoli intact while cooking it. Put some butter and salt on ait and BAM, that's like a perfect snack to me....it took me 6 months to get them accustomed to steaming their vegetables instead of boiling them. Sad, really.
My stepfather has acid reflux and his children are picky as fuck resulting in my mother's cooking to be really bland.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
eat more fiber... Flax seed in particular is a healthy way to get your colon working again :)
Are these seeds available at wal-mart?

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
They should be, not sure what aisle though... It's not particularly expensive and they're healthy :)
And so my quest for the throne begins...

Velystord

Bloodsail Admiral
:p fiber in general works too ya know. Celery has incredulous amounts of it (and it's negative calories)

I was thinking spices for some reason.
possible ive never went shopping for flax seeds in walmart