• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you guys prefer fanart?...

...over original art?!

• Yes! Totally!

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I prefer to see both, only a type gets boring

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Originals are fine!

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

BunBunArt

Princess Bunny ♥
I mostly draw originals, either my characters or commissions, but I've never done some fanart. What do you guys thing about it?!

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
Personally I like both.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Both appeal to me for different reasons.
I like fan art because it is interesting to see different takes on the same established character, and sometimes it’s good to do fan art as a test of your artistic skill.
Original characters are more interesting to me because the creator has not only had to do the physical design but come up with a backstory, personality, hopes and dreams etc… for the character, which is a lot harder than doing a picture of an established character.

M

ManicTherapsid

I like both but I'd like to see more fanart of more obscure characters and species. The Hrossa from Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis come to mind.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I think fan-art can be lots of fun.

Its enjoyable seeing people express their passion for a subject matter in their own unique perspective.

pandasayori

Dreaming Hobbyist
Both are good in their own ways, but I wish original art got more attention as an artist.

The "Shy" Dragon

nervous dragon or smth
haha i've done fanart like..... about 3 times. i kinda prefer originals... though.

BunBunArt

Princess Bunny ♥
Wow thanks everyone! I go for originals 100% and it's what I enjoy the most, so I was hoping to get possitive votes on that and I was right!

I was curious because of a simple reason. I've been drawing human/fantasy art for lots of years and my original characters didn't get much attention (almost zero! :'D). And when I draw a fanart sketch, not even pretty, I get lots of likes and RTs (talking about twitter) and it really pisses me off!

But here it was totally different and that's why I made myself comfortable here! I like drawing original stuff... I also enjoy every now and then to make a fanart of characters I like, but not as my usual art.

♥​