• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you has a mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Lapin

what
that doesn't make any sense
all girls on the internet are either guys, or taken irl with some sane person, or both

go be a lesbian somewhere else
or something
<w<

*snigger* That's such a generalisation! Scorned much? :cool:
*edited to add: tongue firmly in cheek*

/looks down... definitely boobs...

Last edited:

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
is this thread about "mates" or just general dating :p?
still cant tell if my fiances a fur. grawr, stop fighting it woman!
If your sig other must be a fur to qualify as a "mate" then chances are pretty good I'll never have one. Aside from the fact that I'm almost twice the age of the average fur, I'm not certain I'd want to date a fur even if they were interested in me. The one & only time I dated a fur, it wasn't a terribly enjoyable experience for either of us.

I know, I know: don't judge all furries based on one bad experience. But the fact is, what I look for in a mate is someone who's in a stable place in their life (i.e. has a degree, a job & a place to live and isn't going through a nasty divorce or something like that.) That alone eliminates nearly every furry, simply because most furries don't yet have a degree, much less a stable career or a place to call their own (unless their parents are paying for it.) Even furs who are old enough to have all of those things don't tend to, for some reason. I'm tired of rescuing damsels in distress, who then turn around & backstab me.

On top of that, I want to be with someone who's mentally stable as well. Frankly, furries in general aren't the most stable lot. I'm bipolar myself, and some of the mental disorders I've seen among furries make me look stable! (Thankfully, my meds work quite well for that.)

Oh yeah, and I'm a heterosexual male. Yes, there are plenty of female furries, but you have to admit, they're vastly outnumbered by the dudes.

So even if age weren't a factor (and it is), I'm looking at a very, very small pool of potential furries who'd be compatible mates.

If your sig other must be a fur to qualify as a "mate" then chances are pretty good I'll never have one. Aside from the fact that I'm almost twice the age of the average fur, I'm not certain I'd want to date a fur even if they were interested in me. The one & only time I dated a fur, it wasn't a terribly enjoyable experience for either of us.

I know, I know: don't judge all furries based on one bad experience. But the fact is, what I look for in a mate is someone who's in a stable place in their life (i.e. has a degree, a job & a place to live and isn't going through a nasty divorce or something like that.) That alone eliminates nearly every furry, simply because most furries don't yet have a degree, much less a stable career or a place to call their own (unless their parents are paying for it.) Even furs who are old enough to have all of those things don't tend to, for some reason. I'm tired of rescuing damsels in distress, who then turn around & backstab me.

On top of that, I want to be with someone who's mentally stable as well. Frankly, furries in general aren't the most stable lot. I'm bipolar myself, and some of the mental disorders I've seen among furries make me look stable! (Thankfully, my meds work quite well for that.)

Oh yeah, and I'm a heterosexual male. Yes, there are plenty of female furries, but you have to admit, they're vastly outnumbered by the dudes.

So even if age weren't a factor (and it is), I'm looking at a very, very small pool of potential furries who'd be compatible mates.
Just turn them into a furry afterwards, I dunno.

But really, it'd be like dating only people who are interested in model planes.

Geek

Chico
But the fact is, what I look for in a mate is someone who's in a stable place in their life (i.e. has a degree, a job & a place to live and isn't going through a nasty divorce or something like that.) That alone eliminates nearly every furry, simply because most furries don't yet have a degree, much less a stable career or a place to call their own (unless their parents are paying for it.) Even furs who are old enough to have all of those things don't tend to, for some reason. I'm tired of rescuing damsels in distress, who then turn around & backstab me.

Actually a mate doesn't need to have a degree, a job & a place to live to stay with me because i'm financially stable... also for the divorce thing, it doesn't matter to me because i'm against marriage anyways.

Gavrill

ladies~
Telnac, you're a cool guy. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll find someone (furry or not) who is okay with your fury-ness.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Actually a mate doesn't need to have a degree, a job & a place to live to stay with me because i'm financially stable... also for the divorce thing, it doesn't matter to me because i'm against marriage anyways.
I'm financially stable and have been for close to a decade & a half. But that hasn't worked in my favor, because I tend to find women who pass themselves off as damsels in distress. Almost always, I find the distress is only something of their own making, and as for being a damsel... well, the term "harpy" tends to be the more accurate one.

This is hardly unique to furs, of course. After I've been burned so many times, I'm now automatically cautious when I find a damsel in distress. Having a degree + a job + a place to stay all tell me that they're not just looking for a meal ticket to latch on to & suck dry.

Telnac, you're a cool guy. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll find someone (furry or not) who is okay with your fury-ness.
Thanks! Actually, all of my past non-furry mates were cool with my furry side, so I'm not worried about prospects for future mates being comfortable with it too. I don't know about converting anyone to being a fur, tho. In truth, if they can accept me for who I am, I won't need to.

Geek

Chico
I agree Telnac.

I don't care much if a mate is a furry or not because it's just an innocent hobby.

I have no tolerance for a self-harmful mate such as:

- Alcoholic
- Smoker
- Suicidal
- Paranoid
- Religious
- Drugs
- ..ect

Last edited:

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
- Religious

teeeeheeee.gif

2-Tailed Taymon

Narutarded Demon Tayra
I agree Telnac.

I don't care much if a mate is a furry or not because it's just an innocent hobby.

- Alcoholic
- Smoker
- Suicidal
- Paranoid
- Religious
- Drugs
- ..ect

DAMN IT ALL I WANT YYYYOOOUUU

Sabre

Parent's No. 1 Enemy
Yes, I do. My sexy bull Leo_Zodiac. ^^

E-mannor

Prisoner 655321
Yes I'm happily mated to another furry, we met a while back on furaffinity and got together recently.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic

- Alcoholic
- Smoker
- Suicidal
- Paranoid
- Religious
- Drugs
- ..ect
I wouldn't qualify religious people as self-harmful, unless they're a hypocrite about their faith, or if they beat themselves up over it as if God (or whatever they believe) can't possibly accept them no matter how hard they try. I know plenty of religious people who are good people & who care deeply about others. Unfortunately, I also know plenty of people who twist their faith to justify their bigotry. I avoid those people like the plague.

Other than that, I have to agree with pretty much all of the above. (Tho I have been with ex-smokers.)

I agree Telnac.

- Alcoholic
- Smoker
- Suicidal
- Paranoid
- Religious
- Drugs
- ..ect
Lol, I'm most of these.
Well uh, recovering :3c
Or something.

Geek

Chico
I wouldn't qualify religious people as self-harmful, unless they're a hypocrite about their faith, or if they beat themselves up over it as if God (or whatever they believe) can't possibly accept them no matter how hard they try. I know plenty of religious people who are good people & who care deeply about others. Unfortunately, I also know plenty of people who twist their faith to justify their bigotry. I avoid those people like the plague.

Other than that, I have to agree with pretty much all of the above. (Tho I have been with ex-smokers.)

Religions (or any set philosophy) are like a set of clothes.

They may be helpful to you for a while, but after some time you will outgrow them or they will wear out (get stale) and you should look for a new set of clothes ...or make your own.

Another metaphor... if spirituality is like living in nature a Religion is like cutting down the trees and making a house... it may be easier and more comfortable but it is no longer alive.

I think religious people may do things that hurt them. Like not enjoying life as much as they should because they believe that self sacrifice will give them a better afterlife. And since we all know there isn't any afterlife, they just missed a lot of opportunities and fun for absolutely nothing.

I have a thread going about a couple of friends who split up because she's religious and he is not. He is a very decent guy, I am completely convinced she threw away a great relationship for her religion.

Of course, whether religious fundamentalists who strap bombs to themselves are harmful to themselves is rather self evident.

Smoking on the other hands does kill. The evidence is virtually overwhelming that this is the case. In this case you would not be indoctrinating your mate, simply presenting them with the evidence.

If you wish, you could try investigating the potential causes of the following:

Bronchial carcinoma (especially the diffuse small oat-cell variety).
Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease (a complex of Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema)
Hypertensive Heart Disease
Coronary Artery Disease & Myocardial Infarction
Stroke
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Carcinoma of the mouth, oesophagus and stomach.

I could go on but you get the idea.

To be fair, I think people who kill themselves for any cause are just desperate to make their point - whatever it is - because they feel they were not being listened to or taken seriously.

Such a mate make Pup the SparkleDog very sad. :(

Last edited:

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
I agree Telnac.

- Alcoholic
- Smoker
- Suicidal
- Paranoid
- Religious
- Drugs
- ..ect
Enjoy being single. All the fun people fall under at least one of those categories.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Another metaphor... if spirituality is like living in nature a Religion is like cutting down the trees and making a house... it may be easier and more comfortable but it is no longer alive.

I think religious people may do things that hurt them. Like not enjoying life as much as they should because they believe that self sacrifice will give them a better afterlife. And since we all know there isn't any afterlife, they just missed a lot of opportunities and fun for absolutely nothing.

I have a thread going about a couple of friends who split up because she's religious and he is not. He is a very decent guy, I am completely convinced she threw away a great relationship for her religion.
I can agree to the spirituality vs religion analogy. All too often, religion is a crutch that can squelch the spirituality of someone who would otherwise be a seeker. But it is possible for a person to both be spiritual & be part of a religion. Not everyone who attends church mindlessly accepts whatever's taught from the pulpit.

And we don't all know there is no afterlife. If that were the case, any discussion over religion would be moot. ;) Even if you don't believe in an afterlife, if someone does, I can't see why their belief in an afterlife makes them any less acceptable of a mate than your lack of belief makes you an unacceptable mate to them.

Using your friend's relationship as an example: I agree that the woman threw away a great relationship for the sake of her religion. But what if the shoe was on the other foot, that it was him dumping her because she's religious & he's not? Wouldn't he be the one throwing away a great relationship for no good reason?

Mixed faith relationships can be tough, so they're not for everyone to be sure. That said, the only way it would disqualify someone from my pool of prospective mates would be if they were an inflexible ass about it. If they insist I convert to go out with them, uh... no. Otherwise, I'm open to the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.