• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you hate your name?

I like my name, 'Rohan' though all to often I get, "Were your parents big LOTR fans?" Which is irritating a little, but nothing major. Other than that, it's pronounciation. Some people call me "Ro-HAN" Han sounding like Han Solo. Sounds awful.

Middle name's 'Leslie' Which I don't care for at all.

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
I like my name, 'Rohan' though all to often I get, "Were your parents big LOTR fans?" Which is irritating a little, but nothing major. Other than that, it's pronounciation. Some people call me "Ro-HAN" Han sounding like Han Solo. Sounds awful.

If they'd named you Rowan everyone would think you're a relative of Mr. Bean.

Viva

Now with 90% more of 90% less
I want to legally change my name to Jesse. For a few reasons...;3

Ben

Banned
Banned
While I'm probably going to give my child a creative name (should I ever have one), I think it's silly to get upset over being called something generic. I mean, if you do have a common name, then that just means there's more ways to twist it around and make it unique.

I swear, there's like a million nicknames you can craft out of Ben-- and that's the way I like it.

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
My name is Joe.

So yeah.

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
Robbie.

Don't hate it. I'd just prefer something that didn't end with the ee sound.

Were you named in honour of one of our greatest national poets?

Liam

A ghost passing through
My rl name is extremely common.

But I'm fine with it.

It gives me a certain degree of anonymity.

And it led me to this name.
My first RL name is fairly common.
My last RL name is not. Far from it.
Like, I may be the only one in this country/continent with my first and last name.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
I've always hated my name. It sounds soooo generic and I was named after my mother, and I have a strong stance against naming a someone after their family member, NO MATTER what the retarded reason is.

Get some originality, dingus.

I think the Han Solo pronunciation sounds pretty in my opinion, sort of like the 'a' pronounced in Spanish. Or are you talking about a different 'a' sound?

Yrr

I [REDACTED]
My surname backwards translates through slang as "yiff-dog".

Naturally I want to kill myself.

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.
My surname backwards translates through slang as "yiff-dog".

Naturally I want to kill myself.
Godfrey?

Bambi

I like my name, but I'd never share it with anyone online. :)

Let's just say it's biblical.

Ohko

Bow-Wow?
First Name: Alexander
Middle Name: James
Last Name: I'm Polish, just type some random shit and you'll probably come close.

Both my parents are hippies, so I was almost named Zaigg (not even pronounced how it's spelled. Pronounce it "ah-I-g") But I can thank my Grandparents for saving me.

Do I hate my name? No, I don't really care about my name as long as I know you are referring to me. No one really even calls me Alexander though. I'm either Alex, A.J. or Age. I guess since I'm not called Alexander, I haven't grown to despise it.

coolkidex

Hug a wolf today!
My name is Matt White... Imagine the torment because i happen to be white. :/

But i'm getting married soon, soooo... That wont be for long. Kthanx!