• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you have any Uncommon Phobias?

Epistates

Prodigiously Fit Foxy
Mine is ochlophobia. I am introverted in nature, preferring to be alone as my thoughts are muddled by the noisiness of people sometimes. I love socializing, yes, however during those times I worry I might forget my plans and be tardy on my schedule if I am surrounded.

Half

Paragon of the Flawed
Mine is ochlophobia. I am introverted in nature, preferring to be alone as my thoughts are muddled by the noisiness of people sometimes. I love socializing, yes, however during those times I worry I might forget my plans and be tardy on my schedule if I am surrounded.
I've never been afraid of crowds, per say, but I definitely understand the discomfort of having so many people in an area. I usually stick around doors because of it. Back's always to the wall.

This'll sound weird at first, but it's a phobia that's got reason behind it.

Bathroom urinals.
Honestly I'd be a little more paranoid around appliances if they exploded in front of me, too.

rhansen23

Sailorhusky
Mine is rather specific, I'm afraid of things wrapping/grabbing me while in the water. Not drowning per se, but being entangled in a body of water is petrifying to me.

Half

Paragon of the Flawed
Mine is rather specific, I'm afraid of things wrapping/grabbing me while in the water. Not drowning per se, but being entangled in a body of water is petrifying to me.
The notion of being touched/help/grabbed against your own will is bad enough, adding the time limit of "How long can you hold your breath?" only redoubles it.

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:oops:

Ashamed to admit but not sure if it is a phobia though. I have a strange fear of music boxes. I am trying to conquer them like I did with my fear of thunder, now I don't fear thunder (like in the movie Ted 1) so music boxes are next to conquer... I can do this and all of you can conquer your phobias too if you believe hard enough. (=

Half

Paragon of the Flawed

Ashamed to admit but not sure if it is a phobia though. I have a strange fear of music boxes. I am trying to conquer them like I did with my fear of thunder, now I don't fear thunder (like in the movie Ted 1) so music boxes are next to conquer... I can do this and all of you can conquer your phobias too if you believe hard enough. (=

Music boxes can be unnerving for some.
I find them quite pleasant, personally - though maybe that's because I associate them with great moments in great games.

Protonite

Imagine the possibilities.
Heights and bugs, the latter being kind of embarrassing since I'm a male. xD

Keywee612

THE FOOL, THE MOON, THE SUN
vomiting and venom/poison also have some perk like spider some relate have venom/poison plus vomiting

it call Toxophobia yes that is name

A

AnthonyStark

I have a fear of bathroom fans (exhaust fans) and air vents. They're super fucking terrifying to me. I don't know why, but it leads to the avoidance of using public restrooms most days. I also have trypophobia - legitimately. Not just because I saw some gross thing online about frogs coming out of another frog's back; when I was ten, I was staring at the ceiling in a classroom, and noticed little holes in it, which freaked me out. That is what started it.

Dyrra

The toaster is laughing at me.
Got the strangest fear of hurting my nails. Not a vanity thing, but it just really puts me on edge to get an awkward injury on my nails. That and it slightly sets me when someone messes with their own... :oops:

Kapronsis

Question everything.
When I was younger, I used to suffer from mechanophobia, the fear of machines. I was incredibly afraid of them. Any kind of loud machinery, small and large, from power tools like saws to lawn mowers to car engines and so on. Trucks and buses used to scare the crap out of me if I was standing near the engine part when it was turned on. As I got older I managed to overcome this phobia by forcing myself to mow the lawn (parents usually did it). Once I held the lawn mower and started mowing, I realized I had full control over the machine, I was the master, not the other way around. Trying to drive a car also helped. With time, the fear dwindled more and more. Nowadays, I still sometimes feel uneasy around loud machinery, but nowhere near the fear and utter dread I used to feel when I was younger.

Today I just suffer from acrophobia, the fear of heights. I tried "beating" this phobia as well, but no matter what I do, I can't overcome it, so I just live with it. Though this one is a pretty common phobia.

Half

Paragon of the Flawed
I am afraid of you. Keep your distance, I'm armed.
*Keeps distance*

Got the strangest fear of hurting my nails. Not a vanity thing, but it just really puts me on edge to get an awkward injury on my nails. That and it slightly sets me when someone messes with their own... :oops:
Sounds like a sympathetic unease. If it hurts other people, you'd flinch out of empathy, and/or the idea of it happening to you, no?

When I was younger, I used to suffer from mechanophobia, the fear of machines. I was incredibly afraid of them. Any kind of loud machinery, small and large, from power tools like saws to lawn mowers to car engines and so on. Trucks and buses used to scare the crap out of me if I was standing near the engine part when it was turned on. As I got older I managed to overcome this phobia by forcing myself to mow the lawn (parents usually did it). Once I held the lawn mower and started mowing, I realized I had full control over the machine, I was the master, not the other way around. Trying to drive a car also helped. With time, the fear dwindled more and more. Nowadays, I still sometimes feel uneasy around loud machinery, but nowhere near the fear and utter dread I used to feel when I was younger.

Today I just suffer from acrophobia, the fear of heights. I tried "beating" this phobia as well, but no matter what I do, I can't overcome it, so I just live with it. Though this one is a pretty common phobia.
Admirable! I've been doing the same with my vehiphobia (similar, but specifically for being in vehicles/driving them). Not erased, but lessened.

Elf-cat

I judge a book by it's cover, & I'm 75% correct!
I am afraid of or have problems with authority figures.
If I find a cute male furry online and interact with him in a positive manner and then find out that he is a police officer, I end up having a panic attack.
Very recently I ended up deleting my furrixtreame account, youtube channel and gmail account because I found out that one of the furries was a police officer.
Law enforcement should never be trusted. o.o

Grruelty

Metail Head
I'm afraid of oblivion. A state of nonexistence. If I were to die and still somehow be aware, then fuck yeah. Although, I don't really believe in the whole afterlife thing, so I may just end up putting little robots in my brain, or whatever improves livability in the future.

Half

Paragon of the Flawed
I'm afraid of oblivion. A state of nonexistence. If I were to die and still somehow be aware, then fuck yeah. Although, I don't really believe in the whole afterlife thing, so I may just end up putting little robots in my brain, or whatever improves livability in the future.
Mm. It's a dreadful thought, nonexistence. Consciousness and physicality are such an important part of life, to loose those in death is a notion most unnerving.