• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you have any Uncommon Phobias?

Synthex

World's Okay-est Hybrid
Mmm I have two, I don't really know the names for either.

The first one is loud, sudden noises. Fireworks don't scare me because I expect them around july, neither do loud noises by themselves, like concerts. If you pop a balloon behind my head, however, expect me to curl into a ball and cry. It's a bit of leftover "fun stuff" from the time my fiance and I witnessed a guy shoot his girlfriend and then try to come after us.

The other is oddly layered voices. Think Fi's lines in hyrule warriors. It's only certain character voices that do it, but they never fail to make my skin absolutely crawl....

RandomNinja11

Meme King
Almost forgot to answer the thread lol, got distracted by balloons

1. High Altitude (Mostly planes, I feel like i'm going to be in a crash/fall & also negative association with flight, because the air pressure isnt regulated properly in my head so the pressure remains the same in my head and it feels like my head is pushing itself outwards in all directions)
2. Darkness (Yep... Darkness.... I just feel like something is watching me at all times and I don't like when not all my senses are at my disposal)
3. Sudden, Unexpected & Drastic Change (*cough* Common core mathematics *cough* SATs this year *cough*)

also, not really a phobia, but I border Trypophobia...(dont google images... it makes your skin crawl) (Garlic makes my skin crawl when I have to see the peel thing.... Lotus blossoms as well)

That's really the main ones from me...
Cant think of anymore lol

brian577

Children and stickers. Kids just make me uncomfortable and I don't know how to interact with them. As for stickers....not really sure why, I just find them gross.

Nashida

She do a blep
This might be a weird one, but you ever drive around at night past a hospital, industrial park, or some other areas with those orangey yellow street lamps?

Those freak me out big time. I used to have nightmares as a kid about getting trapped in a warehouse like that

Piccolora

Like No One Ever Was
Latex balloons. I once got a piece of one stuck in my eye when it popped and it was wedged under the eyeball. Thankfully, crying moved it out, but I really hate latex balloons now. Mylar balloons are okay, but not latex.

Nashida

She do a blep
Vomitphobia..
I had that for a while. Emetophobia, the fear of vomiting or the fear that you'll be sick and vomit.

I overcame that, as a preschool teacher (let's face it, kids get sick a lot) and when I was in China. Seemed like 2/3 of the population was carsick to some degree. I was just surrounded by it so much I learned to start turning the other cheek, especially when I reasoned with myself. "He's carsick, you won't get sick from someone else's motion sickness"

SavannaEGoth

Some starving artist or whatever
Embarrassingly enough I have a phobia of crossing streets, even at intersections with crosswalks and the like. I just worry about what could happen or if someone won't see me, etc. I FINALLY GOT OVER THAT PHOBIA, TOO- until I got hit by a car. :') I don't win.

((After I was diagnosed with anemia I'd have these weird dreams about my arteries poking out of my body and dying of blood loss. . . For awhile I was afraid of that, like, hardcore.))

tales

Pixel Artist
I have Mycophobia (fear of mushrooms)

When I was a kid, I saw a movie in which there were these mushroom people who were infectious. If a person breathed in the spores, they would turn into a mushroom person. It freaked me out, and the concept of breathing in spores or eating the spore-saturated mushrooms just gives me the chills. I had to bring a mask for when I took AP Biology.

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
I have Mycophobia (fear of mushrooms)

When I was a kid, I saw a movie in which there were these mushroom people who were infectious. If a person breathed in the spores, they would turn into a mushroom person. It freaked me out, and the concept of breathing in spores or eating the spore-saturated mushrooms just gives me the chills. I had to bring a mask for when I took AP Biology.
pretty sure mushroom spores aren't retro-viral...(don't look it up or you'll probably become a germaphobe too)

tales

Pixel Artist
pretty sure mushroom spores aren't retro-viral...(don't look it up or you'll probably become a germaphobe too)
Well, techinically, they aren't in humans. Our immune system is to strong and can easily kill them off... ants and a few other species however... they aren't so lucky. Doesn't help my phobia any.

ExtinguishedHope

I lost my sock
I'm pretty horrified of eating around people. Or, well, eating/drawing/singing/talking on the phone around people is more like it.

Arck

Husky-fox (basic af)
I have thalassophobia- phobia of big deep oceans and dont knowing whats is under you, depths and bottom of the sea
I have also needle phobia and megalophobia- phobia of large things

A

Andromedahl

Balloons, vomiting, and Christianity (tho religion in general makes me lowkey anxious). Balloons because of the popping; Lots of time spent at friend's birthday parties excusing myself to the bathroom to kinda hide when someone starts playing with the balloons. Vomiting, I think that one's kinda natural. Mainly fear it cause I can sympathy vomit. And Christianity, I'm sure most Christians are fine people and I know this is a stupid thing to be scared of but I've had some really shit childhood experiences with some of them. I sorta tense up or internally panic when someone say's they're Christian.

FireFeathers

Mr. Red Flag
I got mauled by an akita as a kid so WOOP 15 years later it's like someone else controls my puppet strings and I go all weird. Akita specifically, but curly-tailed dogs do it.