• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you like animals?

Well, do you?

• Totally!

Votes: 110 78.0%
  • Just "my" species.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Maybe a bit.

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Don't care for em.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Blarg, no.

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Nylak

Angry Otter
Animals are my life. XD No, seriously, I'm a livestock vet, they really are my life, I'm not just being cute.

100 percent. I love talking to them, playing with them, and believing that they are as much as humans as we are. Sheesh I talk to my dog and she responds by grunting and even saying yes and no half of the time XD

I really don't understand what fury that wouldn't enjoy animals, it just doesnt seem right. I mean, COME ON. Isn't the furry fandom based on ALL animals, mytholigical and real? But eh, that's my opinion :/

The only aimal I have come to hate are those damn geese. I wasnt even near one of thos suckers AT FREAKIN ALL and it tried biting my ass D8< Let me also stress the fact I wasnt near any nests or territory. It mustve thought my butt looked tasty at the moment XD Plus they are very loud and obnoxious T_T

dietrc70

I love almost all living things :3 , birds, mammals, reptiles, etc. Even plants and insects, the only living thing that I hate and totally freaks me out are cockroaches XD, all kinds of cockroaches, besides that I can keep anything else as a pet or at least appreciate them from a distance.
For some reason, I have a soft spot for roaches. I bred them for a while at an insect zoo. Have you ever held or seen a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach? Those are awesome! Many non-pest roaches are actually quite beautiful.

I don't have a problem killing animals that are either:

1. Seriously impairing my quality of life (mosquitoes).
2. Prey that I want to eat or wear.
3. Seriously injured or suffering.

Roaches (short of an infestation) usually don't meet the criteria, and am kind of flattered that they want to live with us. My mother hates them, though. I kind of wince when she smashes them with her shoe or a newspaper. She did convince me to wage chemical warfare against the waterbugs that lived in the sewer pipes, but they were getting into everything.

100 percent. I love talking to them, playing with them, and believing that they are as much as humans as we are. Sheesh I talk to my dog and she responds by grunting and even saying yes and no half of the time XD

I really don't understand what fury that wouldn't enjoy animals, it just doesnt seem right. I mean, COME ON. Isn't the furry fandom based on ALL animals, mytholigical and real? But eh, that's my opinion :/

The only aimal I have come to hate are those damn geese. I wasnt even near one of thos suckers AT FREAKIN ALL and it tried biting my ass D8< Let me also stress the fact I wasnt near any nests or territory. It mustve thought my butt looked tasty at the moment XD Plus they are very loud and obnoxious T_T

Ha ha! Geese are just mean. They seem to get a kick out of bullying people. There were some who freely roamed part of the Gladys Porter Zoo that would always chase my brother, because they knew he would yell and run.

Last edited:

Vesuro

~Such a Rush~
Don't care really. I love my own pets but I'm not an animal lover per se.

Kano

Beatlemaniac
I love animals, but I dislike gorillas... not sure why though.

AnyaDServal

Pack Guar
I can't think of a species/type of animal that I dislike. Of course, I like some a lot more than others. As a lover of nature in general, I love all kinds of animals. That doesn't keep me from eating them however, or wearing their skin.

Bambi

Joined 2008 - Returned 2022
Yep. I like all animals -- despite the ones that prefer me for breakfast.

PaperRabbit

Wishes she was a wolf XD !
For some reason, I have a soft spot for roaches. I bred them for a while at an insect zoo. Have you ever held or seen a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach? Those are awesome! Many non-pest roaches are actually quite beautiful.

Roaches (short of an infestation) usually don't meet the criteria, and am kind of flattered that they want to live with us. My mother hates them, though. I kind of wince when she smashes them with her shoe or a newspaper. She did convince me to wage chemical warfare against the waterbugs that lived in the sewer pipes, but they were getting into everything.

Is the Madagascar Roach and the Madagascar "Hissing" Cockroach different?
I have seen a few at pet stores labeled as "madagascar cockroaches" around here and they still freak me out n.n;;;. The bigger they are the more scared I get XD, flying ones make me get out of the house :( , fortunately they are rarer.

dietrc70

Is the Madagascar Roach and the Madagascar "Hissing" Cockroach different?
I have seen a few at pet stores labeled as "madagascar cockroaches" around here and they still freak me out n.n;;;. The bigger they are the more scared I get XD, flying ones make me get out of the house :( , fortunately they are rarer.

Yep, Gromphadorhina portentosa! They will make a neat hissing sound with their breathing spiracles if they are startled, but they get used to being handled, don't run fast, and have mellow personalities, so they are one of the best insect pets I know of. Fortunately they don't fly. We have flying house roaches in Texas! I'm not sure what species they are, but people in South Texas call them Palmetto Bugs. They look like normal german cockroaches but will shock you by taking flight.

PaperRabbit

Wishes she was a wolf XD !
"Yep, Gromphadorhina portentosa! They will make a neat hissing sound with their breathing spiracles if they are startled, but they get used to being handled,"
That part made me shiver XD, specially the handling part. I just can't get myself to like them... for the record, I don't kill cockroaches, I normally just move to another room o_O;;.

We have flying house roaches in Texas! I'm not sure what species they are, but people in South Texas call them Palmetto Bugs. They look like normal german cockroaches but will shock you by taking flight.

Those are the ones I just HATE! D: I have no defense against them, their flight seems to be rather random, so I have no idea where to run to XD.

Shadowwolf

Actually most 'furries' I know are the same as you, Draco. They don't really give a damn. And that makes me sad :|

Animals are amazing. I love them, not so much the two-legged human-animal monsters the people around here seem to be so amazed by. BAHHH.

And also, cockroaches rock.

Zigfried

has got you in a stranglehold
I find all life fascinating, animals including. I'm truly passionate about that sort of jazz. The only members of the animal world I could do without are mosquitos and internal parasites. Other than that mammals, marsupials, insects, reptiles, and the like are cool with me. <3

LunaticMoth

Conscientious Disaster
I really like certain animals. Can't say I _dislike_ any animal, really, although "don't like"--as in I really don't have a strong affinity (har har) for them--works for certain animals. I guess I'm not terribly fond of bugs that bite and itch. I don't want them to go away because I know they're important to our ecosystem, but I'd like it if they didn't bite ME, thankyouverymuch.

Fiz

shut up bitch
no i punch every animal i find in its stupid animal face

JEEZE