• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you like the word "fetish"

Like the word?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
Get-dancing said:
Its overused. Fetish in true sense of the term means an abnormal sexual attachment to a body part, inaminate object, body feature or sexual pratice. To the degree that one needs it (or finds it extremely hard without it) to orgasm, and its actually unhealthy.
I think the episode of Rockos Modern Life where Spunky becomes sexually attracked to the mop hits the nail on the head of the subject.

No, it's true sense of the term means:

1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence
3. Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

So it would seem that what it's "true sense" would be purely an abnormal fixation with something. Just because people just use it non-stop to mean one thing doesn't mean that that's it's primary reason.

Whirlaxis

before i heard the word fetish in a sexual context, i played a game for awhile called diablo 2, in which there were enemies called fetishes, which were little black pigmies with knives the size of there bodies, maybe 1 1/2 feet tall.

so now, everytime i hear the word, i associate it with that, so i voted for no.

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
Whirlaxis said:
before i heard the word fetish in a sexual context, i played a game for awhile called diablo 2, in which there were enemies called fetishes, which were little black pigmies with knives the size of there bodies, maybe 1 1/2 feet tall.

so now, everytime i hear the word, i associate it with that, so i voted for no.

Man, Diablo 2 was a really enjoyable game. I had great fun playing it. It was so long ago that all I can remember is that I used the barbarian (I think that was the class) and that on the hardest setting if the character died you had to start right from the beginning again.