• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you make art just for your own enjoyment that no one else sees?

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Not artsy

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Iv started drawing around 3 years now but that was for my own enjoyment, creating characters and drawing whatever i was interested in at the time. Though i an now just starting to put stuff out mainly to further my skill and to freshen things up.

MrSpookyBoots

Disgusted...
I used to draw just for myself. At one time it's all I did, but drawing was just a hobby for me. Now it's one of the most boring things I can think of doing with whatever free time I have.

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
90% of my art yalls will never see because it looks horrendous. I basically have an idea, start drawing it and keep drawing and redrawing until I think it looks right for publication

ConorHyena

road warrior
L'art pour l'art. While I do upload my stuff I don't do commissions or trades or anything, Requests only if the requestee is a close friend or the idea tickles my artistic fancy.

Other than that all the three novels I'm currently working on are more or less just for me (or for a friend)

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Do literary works count? I make up stories for myself all the time, even though I usually don't write them down. Sometimes they're a bit too personal to share, sometimes they'd only be interesting to me.

I did try to write a short story about a character without ever referring to him directly, which was a pretty fun little challenge. But obviously because it's quite difficult to make a compelling narrative with that restriction it's just been sitting on my hard drive for a while. Too short to be interesting.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Do literary works count? I make up stories for myself all the time, even though I usually don't write them down. Sometimes they're a bit too personal to share, sometimes they'd only be interesting to me.

I did try to write a short story about a character without ever referring to him directly, which was a pretty fun little challenge. But obviously because it's quite difficult to make a compelling narrative with that restriction it's just been sitting on my hard drive for a while. Too short to be interesting.
Any art counts :3

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I didn't expect to be in the minority on this one, there's a lot more concealed art around here, apparently

T

TemetNosce88

The things I don't post are works that I didn't finish or lost interest in. Some of them might still get completed later, others not.

So yes, they're posted for people to look at, but whether anyone actually does is another matter entirely. :)

Kinare

RAWR
Back when I used to draw, yes, most of it was not meant to be seen by anyone and I didn't show. The only time people saw my stuff was on accident or, in my mom's case, she found some I had thrown away and wouldn't let me. :v Occasionally I have drawn art for other people, but I put WAY too much effort into it so what would take a real artist like 10 minutes to do I end up spending 12+ hours on and still not being satisfied with it. I prefer to just buy art.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto

Attachments

• 1522999320.zehlua_popsyland.png
    1522999320.zehlua_popsyland.png
    190 KB · Views: 24

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
A good portion of it is. My energy can be spread pretty thin juggling other responsibilities, and I don't usually share work that I consider half-assed, but I still like to draw.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
A vast majority of the art I make I never share with anyone. Not because it's lewd or bad or anything, I just started drawing art in general with the mindset that I was doing it for myself and myself alone.

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
90% of my art yalls will never see because it looks horrendous. I basically have an idea, start drawing it and keep drawing and redrawing until I think it looks right for publication
It's fine. Honestly, art -good or bad- inspires. And posting it shows progress, which I find helps others out by seeing someone else's struggle. It keeps them going.

For me, i have a ton of photos I don't share for whatever reason. But i share good and bad equally. If it goes up and no one likes it, i still like it. I've only taken down if the photos clearly belong somewjere else or just don't fit a narrartive I want to convey.

Manny

My anatomy practice is private. Practicing anatomy helps me get better at my normal art, but it's not something I think I would be comfortable sharing, even in nsfw spaces.

Delliot

CatBoy
I technically put a lot of my art online but literally no one really looks at it or interacts with it so its basically just for my enjoyment. I also will create art that doesn't get posted online as well. Honestly I mostly use the internet as a way to store my art digitally and if someone else gets to see it and enjoy it then thats an extra bonus.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Everything I finish gets uploaded. But, you could say tongue-in-cheek that it makes no difference, as very few people see my art anyway.