• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you only have furry friends?

Naesaki

JRPG Fanatic
Only me and my other half are furries, a couple of my friends like the furry imagery but aren't really into it (but I'm slowly converting them, muahahahahaha!) and other than that rest of my friends aren't really aware or don't care.

N30Nphoenix

Kitty-fox
I have lots of friends irl but I don't know if any of them are furrys, but some are bronys though.

Bostoniscold

you only have one life
wish i did but sadly no i would love to meet a fellow furry but ill just have to wait for my first anthrocon this year hurry up july

Chicory

I've met a couple bronies wandering around who can be identified by their Twilight Sparkle notebooks and such, but not furries (that I know of). None of my friends are furries currently, online or off. I don't seem to mesh in furry communities as well as others, so it's mostly about reading, writing, and looking at art for me.

Ralphie

My irl friends are not furries, not that many exist around here or know what a fury is.
But when it comes to online friends and i mean people i actually chat with often they are all furries, i dont know, furfags just seem more fun to hang out with online.

D

DonKarnage

I don't know if I have friends.

I talk to many furs, but moslty on Skype, but its rarely a long conversation.

IRL I meet furs, but it did not last. I help a fur at his place and never get any news from him.

I don't know how to get friend(s) I try but its not working at all.

Talking is one thing, but they all live so far from me that its limited to the net. The local one are weird.

I'm also the one who start the conversation, so if I don't no one on skype talk to me.

Dr. Franken-Fox

"it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!"
I go to Art College so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a relatively high concentration of furries on-campus, that said though, I know none personally although there are a couple of students who wear some mild furry apparel.

X_Joshi_X

Just another Metalhead
I tried to explain what a furry is to my friend after like 3 years of being friends, and to be honest he took it pretty cool. Turns out that he too shares the same interests as me - I've gotta admit, he hid it well! Anyway, we had a few minutes of spare time at school one time and we just printed off loads of copies of my fursona and drew stickmen shagging its ear, bad dragon dildos on a shelf and just generally really weird shit, I guess we both have the same sense of humor. This is coming from someone who suffers from minor anxiety issues and has only had like 5 friends throughout their whole school life, primary and secondary school. My point is, for all of you people out there who suffer from low self-esteem, have anxiety issues or don't have many friends and are lonely, you'll find "that" friend eventually and when you do... oh boy.

Inspirational speech over.

One of my friends knows what a furry is. Hes ok with that and he dont care much.
My best friend got no clue, but he dont have to. No big thing.

My other friend is a whovian and she understands me and likes the art too.

I just got to knew, that one girl in my grade knows what a furry is too.

Dr. Franken-Fox

This is coming from someone who suffers from minor anxiety issues and has only had like 5 friends throughout their whole school life, primary and secondary school. My point is, for all of you people out there who suffer from low self-esteem, have anxiety issues or don't have many friends and are lonely, you'll find "that" friend eventually and when you do... oh boy.

Inspirational speech over.
This, so true and I can totally relate. As someone who never really fit in with my peers I've found that what few friends I did make I've kept very close to me, even after all these years. There's this one friend I have who I've known since early primary school and we just have this, I dunno, 'connection' that goes beyond any rational explanation and dare I say it, reaches a spiritual level.

Anyway he never struck me as a furry but because we're so close and open with each other I feel like I can tell him anything without fear of being judged, so I came out to him as a furry and much to my shock it turns out he's one too!! He's not quite as serious about it as me, he just enjoys the artwork and loves anthropomorphic characters but doesn't actively do anything to participate in the community, still though out of all the friends he's pretty much the only one who is 'into' what we do.

Ieono

Uberaffe
I have no furry friends. In fact, I have no friends!

Zop

hai guiz wuts goin on in hur
Only​ ​furry friends? Oh jesus what kind of life would that be?

Dr. Franken-Fox

Only​ ​furry friends? Oh jesus what kind of life would that be?
In my case, I think it would be a better one. It seriously sucks that virtually no one in my offline circle shares this interest other than my one friend who isn't really that fussed about it and it can get pretty lonely sometimes, so actually I would much rather all of my friends be furries than virtually none of them!

Last edited:

VarghulfNox

Eater of Apples
I do not in fact have any furry friends. >< Well, I suppose there is one, but they moved out of state, and online it's hard with how busy life gets. I know one acquaintance who's a furry, but they don't want to talk about the fandom or helping me out. :\

Jambalaya

I have two RL friends, both rather estranged but still close if that makes sense. We have nothing in common but there is an ease of communication and trust between us that goes beyond just liking the same things (born of a shared tragedy). We get along, argue (constructively) until the wee hours of the night, and have our own small things that comfort us. "Only" one type of friend, I assume, would hinder your greater social development. Not that I am one to speak, I am a hermit at heart, but I think my point stands. The greater variety of people you know the more experienced you will become.

Cocobanana

The first people who I could call friends were furries I'd met online. I didn't have a real life 'best friend', as in someone I could see all the time and open up about anything, until the beginning of last year... and I met him on furaffinity oops.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Only me and my other half are furries, a couple of my friends like the furry imagery but aren't really into it (but I'm slowly converting them, muahahahahaha!) and other than that rest of my friends aren't really aware or don't care.

In my alternate world there is you, me ursus and luster.

You are the male furry version of Miyuki Takara
Luster is the male furry version of Minami Iwasaki
Ursus is the male furry version of Kagami Hiiragi
And I'm the male furry version of Konata Izumi

D

Deleted member 93706

I don't really know how to explain it, most furries here insult me alot and some furries on fa block me because I said something that was unintentionally rude. I tell them I'm really sorry, but they just get mad.

Most people on the internet get mad too easily.