• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you smoke?

Do you or have you ever smoked cigarettes?

• Yes, I smoke frequently.

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • I smoke frequently but am attempting to quit.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I used to smoke frequently but have now quit.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have smoked before on an irregular basis.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • No, I have never smoked a cigarette.

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • None of the above adequately describe my situation.

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters

Furcade

Intermittent Poster
A question I've been wanting to ask for a while now: how many of you smoke cigarettes? Do you encourage/discourage others to/from smoking?

If you do smoke habitually, how do you feel about it? Do you feel it's having adverse effects on your health? Why do you smoke, and why did you start?

If you don't smoke, how do you feel about friends that do? Are you actively involved in preventing people from smoking?

Discuss!

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Dont do it, and for fucks sake dont force other people to be exposed to it. I am highly allergic and when i politely tell people this they 9/10 times just blow the smoke in my face. I HATE SMOKERS LIKE THIS, if you do this I will come to your house and garrote you.

I smoked weed for the better part of a year, but my job is going to make it impossible to keep doing so, so I had to stop. I don't smoke cigarettes or cigars, tried and hated it. My parents used to smoke, but my sister and I got them to stop. My sister smoked for a decade or so, but now she's smoking E-cig's.

I try to get others onto the E-cig craze, but not aggressively, I just throw the idea out there to people who murmur about wanting to quit smoking.

PsychicOtter

Otter Missionary
I don't do it, and it's a bad idea to start. But I won't heckle people who are already doing it and say stuff like, "Why don't you just quit?" because I know in a lot of circumstances people want to stop, but it's just too difficult.

Furcade

Intermittent Poster
Dont do it, and for fucks sake dont force other people to be exposed to it. I am highly allergic and when i politely tell people this they 9/10 times just blow the smoke in my face. I HATE SMOKERS LIKE THIS, if you do this I will come to your house and garrote you.

Yeah, the worst part is exposing people who don't want to be exposed. I guess, in that sense, smoking in public is sort of a big "fuck you" to people nearby who don't want to inhale second-hand smoke.

Aleu

Deuces
I don't smoke and it irritates my lungs so I will not however i will not chew a person out for smoking unless it's in my house or car. Then it's "fuck you, smoke outside".

badlands

drunken pirate
i'm a heavy smoker. i have tried to quit many times but failed, i seem to turn into the incredible hulk without a fag.

seriously do not start! it isn't big and it certainly isn't clever.

I don't smoke and never will

Yeah, the worst part is exposing people who don't want to be exposed. I guess, in that sense, smoking in public is sort of a big "fuck you" to people nearby who don't want to inhale second-hand smoke.

This and the fact that many smokers seem to think that the world is there ash tray.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I don't smoke, I never have and I likely never well. The risk of horrible cancers and the drain on my money put me off. I also don't like seeing cigraette litter everywhere.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I did for a short time, mostly because the people around me were doing it too. There's nothing pretty about it, it's a nasty habit and an incredibly stupid one to allow yourself to be involved with. If you don't smoke, stay that way. If you do smoke, I wish you strength and the courage to do what you should have already done.

To be honest, I won't tolerate anyone smoking cigarettes around me. I can't fathom why you would even smoke those; At least a cigar looks classy and isn't offensive smelling.

I love you.
I mean, yeah totally agree.
Fuck smokers.

Furry Anarchy

No idea what to write here...
I've never smoked in my life and I don't plan on it either it's destroyed so many peoples lives that I know. I used to be friends with someone before they tried to act cool by smoking and now he's a complete asshole and tries to fight everyone. I tried to stop people from smoking but they basically threatened me so I thought fuck them let them smoke themselves to death. I did manage to get one of friends to stop smoking and now he plays rugby with me and he's never been healthier.

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
I smoke cigars very irregularly, they're a treat. However, when I do smoke them, I smoke them almost indiscriminately.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
I don't smoke and I don't really care if other people do. It's their money if they want to spend it.

Last edited:

ZerX

not a furry
I don't smoke. tried it once didn't like it. I was coughing for the next 30-60min and that was the end of that

Last edited:

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I smoke the ganga-maryjane-weed when it's available and I smoke cigarettes occasionally when I'm drinking. Not much of a smoker really.

Tignatious

More fashionable than Gucci
When I smoke a cigarette, it's a clove cig. I can put down cigarettes and not have withdrawal or cravings. Most of my smoker friends hate me for this. I do love smoking a good cigar, Java Mints are my favorite to smoke.

I do however smoke a hookah 5 to 6 nights of the week. It's natural tobacco and it's cooler temp wise to smoke than a cigarette. I'm allergic to anything else that someone might ruin a good hookah with, so I tend to get offended about weed the same way dinosaurdamnit gets when someone blows smoke in her face. I get splitting migraines from weed, so I've never touched the stuff other than second hand.

Teal

Squirrel
I would die if I smoked. And I hate having an asthma attack everytime I have to walk by someone smoking. -_-

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Smoking is bad, mmkay?

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I smoke both hookah and cigarettes occasionally, but I'm not addicted to them. They just calm my nerves and allow me to focus.

I used to give people shit for it, back when I was thoroughly stuck up my own ass hole and thought they should burn in a pit for being so stupid, but by now I just don't give a fuck.
People poison themselves with shit all the time.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I'm currently in the process of quitting using a modded ecig. I use the ecig mostly but here and there I will have a real one. Though I do continue to smoke fine cigars on special occasions.

Schwimmwagen

I've tried cigs on multiple occasions, but I couldn't get into it. I don't dislike smoking myself, but I find it more pointless than chewing gum. So if I feel like any of that, it's just cheaper to chew gum.

Big up the smokers who try to quit and/or be respectful of other people, but as for those faggots who smoke just to look cool, rebellious, or blow smoke into people's faces, I sincerely hope that they get cancer and die so our air can be cleaner and not put me or anyone else at risk too. Or you know, just fucking quit and/or learn some common respect, that'd be great. The former is a pickle, but the latter isn't a fucking complex affair, now, is it?

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Nope.
And I can't see the appeal in it. What's so great about inhaling smoke?