• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you think if furries were outlawed in a country, that you would keep on being one?

FAUXpaws

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Let's say a country (like Egypt or Turkey) that has pretty strict internet laws and a conservative mindset, decide to ban furry because they see it as an abomination, and they place laws against furries and people who are in the furry community. Well my question is, would you still keep being a furry in this case? Would you try to circumvent the laws and avoid them to participate in furries activities and still go to furry sites (secret furmeets, maybe?) or would you hide or completely drop the fandom altogether?

Miles Skratch

Miles The Marten
Re: Do you think if furries were outlawed in a country, that you would keep on being

Well the fandom is something I love but I dont love it to the point where I would get jailed for it. So I would probably keep it on the DL until I moved to a place where it is not banned.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Re: Do you think if furries were outlawed in a country, that you would keep on being

This thread is so stupid that I don't have anything witty to say :[

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt

It is an abomination.

Just like this thread.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

This thread is so stupid that I don't have anything witty to say :[
This thread makes Caboose look smart.

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again

Why would a country ever ban an obscure internet based fandom about animal people?

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa

So pretty much North Korea?

And instead of animals, you could only be Anthropomorphic Kim Jong Ils?

Seems like an improvment to me.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!

i think i might leave the fandumb due to this thread

♥Miranda♥

Sexist against men

Why would a country ever ban an obscure internet based fandom about animal people?

China could come around and say they hate the furry fandom because of the depictions of Pandas within

I don't know what the specific laws are, but I know they have a ban on depictions of pandas being killed (or anthropomorphic variations of!), and maybe that extends also to abuse or somat? Or maybe they'd go more crazy and crack down on it (out of all the issues)

That at least is the most likely scenario I can think of, and even that hinges on the idea that one country will go more insane than it already is

Wouldn't surprise me though~

meowtacles

Drugs are usually illegal and people do them anyways. Lots of people.

SquiRoFL

I'd prolly still be a furry. It's like drugs, people will only want it more if you make it illegal. It's a phychological thing I think.

Onnes

And instead of animals, you could only be Anthropomorphic Kim Jong Ils?

Now what species would anthropomorphic Kim Jong Il be? I'm thinking koala myself.
(Might as well get something amusing out of this doomed thread.)

Mentova

China could come around and say they hate the furry fandom because of the depictions of Pandas within

I don't know what the specific laws are, but I know they have a ban on depictions of pandas being killed (or anthropomorphic variations of!), and maybe that extends also to abuse or somat? Or maybe they'd go more crazy and crack down on it (out of all the issues)

That at least is the most likely scenario I can think of, and even that hinges on the idea that one country will go more insane than it already is

Wouldn't surprise me though~
Tybby that whole oh noes pandas thing in china is just a rumor that has been debunked before. :C

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?

Then I'd still have the same interests and just not call myself a furry.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Tybby that whole oh noes pandas thing in china is just a rumor that has been debunked before. :C

I want my Pandaren race then, dammit!!! >:V

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot

psh, time to fall back to animu...oh wait the kemono fandom hides within the anime one :V

Kakurendo

The Law would never pass. It's not like the furries are doing anything wrong. :U

Mentova

I want my Pandaren race then, dammit!!! >:V
Well you're in luck because there is a strong rumor that the next expansion involves them thanks to a leaked copyright by Blizzard. :V

If they make it HURR PANDAZ instead of playing around with feudal china/japan themes I will be oh so upset. :C

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa

If they make it HURR PANDAZ instead of playing around with feudal china/japan themes I will be oh so upset. :C

Get ready to be upset :C

♥Miranda♥

Sexist against men

Well you're in luck because there is a strong rumor that the next expansion involves them thanks to a leaked copyright by Blizzard. :V

Night elves are already japan, so it would have to be china

Belluavir

Fag Enabler, Breeder Disabler

Oh wouldn't that just be wonderful? It'd fulfill so many furries' persecution complexes.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA

This is a stupid thread and question to begin with.

It's a hobby, what's the harm? :V

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats

Is this like another one of those threads that's core issue is "How big of a furry you are?". Or how...hardcore? That's what it seems like. That said if my country banned furries I would be torn between dismay and relief. Then I'd start an underground market for furry paraphernalia and become rich.