• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Do you think it'd be a wise choice for the fandom to have a list of outcasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeaselWarrior

lol that it was mostly a joke, but, like it or not, it pretty much is the closest thing out there to what OP is looking for as far as I'm aware :/ I was also kind of drunk when I posted that

I think it'd be a nice long time, we finally got a list. A special list. A list of individuals who've desecrated the name of the furry fandom with their unchecked, uncontrollable and heinous offenses while under the furry banner.

No, McCarthy, this blacklist of yours would do nothing but fuel more drama in a community that's, quite frankly, already infamous for tons of drama as it is. On top of that, who is to decide who gets on the list and why? There's no way this wouldn't be abused to hell and back, and a lot of people ending up with targets on their back because someone had some kind of personal vendetta against them.

lol that it was mostly a joke, but, like it or not, it pretty much is the closest thing out there to what OP is looking for as far as I'm aware :/ I was also kind of drunk when I posted that

No, McCarthy, this blacklist of yours would do nothing but fuel more drama in a community that's, quite frankly, already infamous for tons of drama as it is. On top of that, who is to decide who gets on the list and why? There's no way this wouldn't be abused to hell and back, and a lot of people ending up with targets on their back because someone had some kind of personal vendetta against them.
Beat me to the McCarthy joke damnit! :p

Jestwinged

<Insert Meme Here>
I don't know much about the fandom but....

The big problem would be who decides who goes on the list and what is considered enough to make someone an ''outcast''?

Obviously for example if it's proven (as in criminal record) that someone is a threat then I totally agree but... it's just totally unmanageable

insertgenericnamehere1

Love this idea! Let's finally create a stronger, greater, and more united community for the true furries who all stand for love acceptance and tolerance. All false furries must be removed and accordingly dealt with.

Apoc-Volkov

Mechanical Mind
Love this idea! Let's finally create a stronger, greater, and more united community for the true furries who all stand for love acceptance and tolerance. All false furries must be removed and accordingly dealt with.
Tempting fate, huh?

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
"Love, acceptance, and tolerance" take on some dark and twisted connotations in a furry context.

C

CrookedCroc

"Love, acceptance, and tolerance" take on some dark and twisted connotations in a furry context.
True, just look at what's happening in twitter atm.

Censored the names not because I want to protect these guys but because I don't want to start a witch hunt

Attachments

• 2019-05-28 21.57.45.jpg
    2019-05-28 21.57.45.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 2019-05-28 21.57.16.jpg
    2019-05-28 21.57.16.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 69

Kit H. Ruppell

True, just look at what's happening in twitter atm.

Censored the names not because I want to protect these guys but because I don't want to start a witch hunt
THIS is why we have blacklists.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
I agree

Such a list would require a degree of organisation that I just don't want to see in this fandom.
Not to mention require a level of impartiality, fact checking, and honesty/transparency I feel most of the fandom (and internet people in general) are wholly incapable of in most cases.

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
Connor J. Coyote can be one of the first people on the FAF outcast list, maybe? :D

Aye yai yai.... ;) :D
Sorry; my posting (above) was a tongue-in-cheek response, to someone's else's rather humorous "warning" that I received.... (But... eh).... thanks for the love ♥ (those who sent it)...... honestly - it's people like you that still keep me around here. :cool:

Actually..... being labeled an outcast (within a community) could be a "Badge of Honor", in some cases, I think.... as often times - "men of character are often the first to be outcast - by those who follow the flock, as opposed to going their own way, themselves".. ;)

quoting_mungo

Actually..... being labeled an outcast (within a community) could be a "Badge of Honor", in some cases, I think.... as often times - "men of character are often the first to be outcast - by those who follow the flock, as opposed to going their own way, themselves".. ;)
As long as it's not glorified/romanticized by third parties. If you (gen) want to take pride in being unwelcome/unwanted, that's your prerogative, but no one should ever tell another "they're shunning you because you're such a strong person." I frankly give no fucks whether I'm shunned for having strong principles or over lies or over having fucking tits or whatever - it's still hurtful to find doors slammed in your face and being told you should take pride in it is far as I'm concerned a slap in the face.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
A list of undesirables!? We are not a regime! Hell no. I strongly disagree. It will literally turn as toxic and radioactive as the elephants foot.

pandasayori

Dreaming Hobbyist
Creating a list of people deemed “problematic” would just opening a flood gate of call outs and finger pointing. Just the the thought of it is exhausting and just comes off as morally superior vs morally inferior. Lists like that simply shouldn’t exist, and the time and energy spent creating them can be easily used for better things.

If you want to go for someone, do it on your own terms. There’s no point in gathering people to go after someone without taking the time to gather facts. If you create something with the intent of not listening to all sides involved, then simply don’t do it. I’ve seen it done in other fandoms and things never ended well. That’s just my two cents.

Last edited:

Kit H. Ruppell

Uh, no. Let's not do this. This is ripe to be utterly toxic. And it runs counter to my perception of the fandom, which is a kind and welcoming one.
So kind and welcoming that we'll even defend sexual abuse of animals and minors. That's what's "toxic".

Kit H. Ruppell

Kit H. Ruppell

So, obviously, the next logical step is to expose and expel its proponents.
And that will quickly turn into what happened during the Chinese purges of the Great Leap Forward, people accusing those they don't like of said things to get them purged with little to no oversight. That's nothing to speak of the sabotage the furry raiders would try to pull using sockpuppet accounts to attack their political enemies.

M

Massan Otter

We've been doing a good job. Whenever somebody is revealed, we tell them to F off.

That's not always the case though - I've been in more than one furry Telegram group where open zoophiles are tolerated just so long as they don't talk about it there (I have no idea if those individuals were active or not). That makes me pretty uncomfortable, but I don't make the rules for those spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.