• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

do you wear a collar, and why or why not?

Jaxinc

Regret nothing:Deny everything
Only in the bedroom, retarded to walk around with it, would lose my job.

Uh that's why you don't wear it at work champ, well unless you work at Spencers or Hot Topic. When I worked at Spencers the dress code literally said "wear clothes".

I got one from the collar factory, double strap, blue on black, triple rings, locking buckle and lambskin lining. Normally wear it whenever I'm not at work, really need a new one just for events since it's quite worn now visibly.

E

Elim Garak

Uh that's why you don't wear it at work champ, well unless you work at Spencers or Hot Topic. When I worked at Spencers the dress code literally said "wear clothes".

I got one from the collar factory, double strap, blue on black, triple rings, locking buckle and lambskin lining. Normally wear it whenever I'm not at work, really need a new one just for events since it's quite worn now visibly.

Even if I wore em outside of work, it would damage my classy rep.

Sax

One Straw Revolution
I have a thick leather/stainless steel collar, I would maybe wear it around other furry fans, maybe, but otherwise when I used to wear it, years ago, it was strictly a bdsm thing.

KigRatel

Colaholic
Nope.avi. Personally i'd rather not strangle myself by accident. Plus they don't look very classy.

I don't wear one, just because I feel uncomfortable with something around my neck other than a regular necklace. I've never liked chokers or anything like that.
Plus, I can't rock a collar.
I'm too.. idk. Girly? It doesn't go with the clothes I wear, I guess.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
You know I used to wear a collar all the time. Sometimes I wear it for furmeets though it's been a while. Course the only attention I got from it was "Positive" but you get away with more if you are a girl. That said it's not that strange for guys and girls to wear collars. It's not like there are not already multiple sub-cultures who do it.

EDIT: As for why I wore it well it just looked nice. I liked the way it looked on me so I wore it. Also it has a nice side effect of halting a lot of advances from people looking for a date/single ladys. To a lot of people a collar is like a ring and it means "taken". Now I'm not "taken" by any means but I'm also not interested in dating so it's one those unintended side effects that well..was nice. I stopped wearing it because...I don't know. I should start again.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I don't see a point in wearing a collar. Never worn one, and probably I won't in the future.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
No, never would, i would wear a kick ass bandana or scarf though. I would want to be an animal, i dont see the appeal of a captive one.

E

Elim Garak

EDIT: As for why I wore it well it just looked nice. I liked the way it looked on me so I wore it. Also it has a nice side effect of halting a lot of advances from people looking for a date/single ladys. To a lot of people a collar is like a ring and it means "taken". Now I'm not "taken" by any means but I'm also not interested in dating so it's one those unintended side effects that well..was nice. I stopped wearing it because...I don't know. I should start again.
I didn't know that "normal" people asocciate it with taken.
I mean in the things I do, aka BDSM, it clearly shows someone is owned, or a master but normal people don't really know about these things

KigRatel

Colaholic
I didn't know that "normal" people asocciate it with taken.
I mean in the things I do, aka BDSM, it clearly shows someone is owned, or a master but normal people don't really know about these things

They say that "normal" people are just people you don't very well, and I stand by that.

In other words, there is a chance that they do know.

GnR

Hell no...

I like to wear a dog tag (as in army dog tags) but I would never wear a collar. No offense to you and I'm not trying to make a sweeping generalization... but if I see someone wearing one I usually assume their a douchebag, unless it's obvious their a furry.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
They say that "normal" people are just people you don't very well, and I stand by that.

In other words, there is a chance that they do know.

A very small chance.

Hell no...

I like to wear a dog tag (as in army dog tags) but I would never wear a collar. No offense to you and I'm not trying to make a sweeping generalization... but if I see someone wearing one I usually assume their a douchebag, unless it's obvious their a furry.

Well it is a sweeping generalisation.

Last edited:

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
I wear a collar, but mostly because it doesn't look too much like a stereotypical dog collar.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5567146/
I've wanted a chain collar ever since I saw my uncle's black Labrador wear one. And I think it looks good on me.

I've thought about getting a tag for it... but that would make me look like a pet, and I'm not into the whole master-pet thing. I think I want to get a pendant for it. Probably an unicursal hexagram.

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins
i'm a dog irl so i have to