• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

do you wear a collar, and why or why not?

Tignatious

More fashionable than Gucci
I used to wear cloth dog collars all through middle school, then in high school it was pleather rhinestones (christmas present from a friend freshman year), but then I started only wearing mine around cons and fetish events, and of course, the goth club.

I wear mine largely for fashion, occasionally for function. They made me stand out in school, but now I think of them more like cute accessories, often times I wear the cloth collars as a bracelet.

None of my fursonas wear collars. They're not pets. The only character that I have that would wear one would do so as a fashion statement. Now my boyfriend's fursona does wear a collar, but that's because it helps keep the head of his suit attached to him. Accidental deheading is never fun, so the collar keeps the mask in place.

I don't see collars as a furry thing. Unless someone is wearing ears and or a tail along with the collar, I never assume that they're a furry. It would be like assuming anyone running around with goggles is into steampunk. Maybe they just like goggles.

-shrug- To each their own. And damn I type too much.

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I don't see collars as a furry thing. Unless someone is wearing ears and or a tail along with the collar, I never assume that they're a furry. It would be like assuming anyone running around with goggles is into steampunk. Maybe they just like goggles.

-shrug- To each their own. And damn I type too much.
Aye. And such a person could just be heavily into anime and not a furry there.

I got the idea of wearing a collar from the furry fandom, but yeah, they aren't exclusive to it in the least.

Delta Fox

Adolf Clitler
I've never worn one, don't really know how I would feel about wearing one, I guess I'd have to try it.

Conker

I've never worn one, don't really know how I would feel about wearing one, I guess I'd have to try it.
I picked up a decent leather dog collar from Target for all of six bucks. It's not something I"d wear outside of the house (save maybe a convention), but it's not a bad collar. The leather is pretty soft and it fits how I want it to.

If you're wanting to try, there's a good place to start.

Kixu

is probably procrastinating
I picked up a decent leather dog collar from Target for all of six bucks. It's not something I"d wear outside of the house (save maybe a convention), but it's not a bad collar.

Try wearing it outside the house. You'll be surprised how few people will notice, let alone care.

Conker

Try wearing it outside the house. You'll be surprised how few people will notice, let alone care.
I honestly feel like I'm too old for something like that now, even if that were the case.

Lyxen

Revivalst
why are you trying to hide that your a furry cause your a "punk".

Punk:

Originally, jail lingo for a subservient, cuckolded inmate indebted to another for protection and in return obliged to perform favors both of a sexual nature and otherwise.
The term came to refer to the music and culture described above as young musicians and people in the late 70's and early eighties felt alienated by the incorporation of formerly anti-estaplishment hippie culture.
"Listen fish I didn't make sure Big Mink didn't shiv ya at mess for nothing. So now you better put on these pantyhose and get yo knees dirty right quick cuz you MY punk now, Betty..."

Thornbrier

World Builder
Until recently I viewed collars as a sign of domesticated animals submitting to humans and was highly critical of those who wore them. Now, I wear one of my two collars almost all the time. I am not submissive, I wear it like a Catholic Father wears his collar, as a religious symbol. While I don't believe in anything supernatural like souls I do believe that deep down, I am a Chakat, and for that belief I am Therian, and the single most common symbol in Therianism is the collar (not saying all Therians wear them, or that non therians don't).

I often wear a black and white keychain tail on my collar where the leash would normally go. To me this symbolizes attaching my body to my fursona.

T

TheMetalVelocity

I don't empathise with the hipsterish punkiness of wearing a collar; I'm not a trendy or deliberately non conformist person.

I can perhaps identify with the submissiveness but I have no interest in wearing a collar other than passing curiosity.
me either. I just want to buy a tail and erect ears.

Conker

Until recently I viewed collars as a sign of domesticated animals submitting to humans and was highly critical of those who wore them. Now, I wear one of my two collars almost all the time. I am not submissive, I wear it like a Catholic Father wears his collar, as a religious symbol. While I don't believe in anything supernatural like souls I do believe that deep down, I am a Chakat, and for that belief I am Therian, and the single most common symbol in Therianism is the collar (not saying all Therians wear them, or that non therians don't).

I often wear a black and white keychain tail on my collar where the leash would normally go. To me this symbolizes attaching my body to my fursona.
The buggering fuck is a Chakat? I think my cat makes that noise before he vomits.

Avelore

The Furdragon!
i am looking at a spiked collar (im a punk, so it will not look obvious that im a furry.) and i think it would look good on me, and i just like the idea of wearing a collar.

anyway, do u wear 1 and y or y not?

I have a collar that my Master gave to me a few years ago. I only wear it around him since it's a fraction too kinky for it to be worn in public (It's black leather with a jingling loopdee, and with pink fur lining on the inside of the collar).

For me, wearing a collar when in public - as I've done it before, using New Years as an excuse - feels good because of who I'm wearing it for.

Hope this helps!

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Ohh. Yeah. I should have said that one, it would be more pleasing.

Conker

Yes it was a sarcastic joke :3
Id burst into flames if I ever stepped into a church
The funny thing about that sarcastic joke is that it implies a higher power exists to cause you to burst into flames :V

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
I expected a lot more bdsm comments XD oh well...

as for me: i used to only wear it when i was with a friend and i stopped wearing a collar in public because i had people come up to my friends and comment how lovely her 'slave' was. it happened enough times that i said screw this, im not some sub who needs people to control me to be happy! i still have the collar for when i do start wearing it in public....or something to give to my pet oneday... >. >