• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Does anyone else find butchery interesting?

Do you find butchery interesting?

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Animals are innocent

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
This is probably a weird question to ask but I might as well ask it because I'm hella bored. I find butchery to be interesting and calming to watch and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. And no this is not a troll thread!

Marziipanz

I can see how somebody might find it interesting but for me personally it just makes me sad. Perhaps I’m too empathetic of a person to find the anatomy behind it fascinating.

Alondight

always fluffy
uuuh, hmm... How curious. What exactly do you find interesting, or calming, about it? I suppose there's quite the science behind it, but for me, I'd rather not think about it.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
uuuh, hmm... How curious. What exactly do you find interesting, or calming, about it? I suppose there's quite the science behind it, but for me, I'd rather not think about it.
Like how a butcher can turn a piece of meat into beautiful steaks for example. You never seen a perfectly marbled steak and think it just looks really good?

D

Deleted member 82554

Mmm yes the sight of blood and guts is so appealing to me.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Funny that this would come up now. i had an interesting discussion about butchery with my mother yesterday. it's super interesting but awkwardly morbid. Sure, i loves me some bacon! -But i don't really think about where it came from or what the process was for its extraction makes me uneasy. i was watching a documentary about microbiology and i fell down a rabbit hole of YouTube content pertaining to proteins and their physical makeup. Just thinking about the teeny weenie bits and pieces that make me ME! Then i started thinking about the process of tearing that all down and i started making myself sick. i started thinking about animals and food chemistry and butchery and and and and...!!

Needless to say, my meds were working overtime! i had to go to sleep to get my mind of of the subject.
Then i woke up today with the flu (or flu-like symptoms) so it feels like i made myself sick.

imma go cook me some bacon now.

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
I've looked into it since I plan on going game hunting for meat and hides. So I got a book which shows how to process a deer in the field. Most of my family can't stomach that stuff. So I've kind of been forced out to be the one to put down animals or clean up the guts if a chicken gets murdered by a coyote or raccoon.

Personally i have no quarrels with meat and even if I had to kill what I had to eat I'd still do it. Granted I've also seen how nature is. Natures really fucking brutal if you actually watch animals and not just go "Aww they're so cute." Even chickens fucking chickens are creatures of mass destruction and death. I've watched a flock of chickens tear apart a field mouse like raptors in Jurassic park

Nature why you so scary?

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Once the animal is dead I find butchery to be fascinating. I can’t watch them actually kill the animal tho.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Been cutting up meat for three decades now. It is what it is. As far as killing, I will.not kill unless it is necessary.

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
Raw meat and fish seems more pleasing to me in sight and smell than cooked meat. i like walking past a butcher or fish butcher. It has almost a sweet smell, and it makes me hungry

(NO THIS IS NOT A VORE THING)

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
Raw meat and fish seems more pleasing to me in sight and smell than cooked meat. i like walking past a butcher or fish butcher. It has almost a sweet smell, and it makes me hungry

(NO THIS IS NOT A VORE THING)
the fact that you state its not a vore thing mean its a vore thing.

Ciderfine

Slow as sickness but true as sap
Banned
It is a very important job and skill set of professionalism that many cultures and cuisines if not an art is made from it. When you buy something meat based yes it went through a butcher of some kind. Go to the elite restaurants of the world, and having a butcher help a business is a god send.

It is a very interesting art of caring for and handing, the alteration of anatomy of a animal of slaughter. The tools, techniques and history of it are very important and impressive. I find it interesting as it serves not only local people, but large scales places, consumerism and of all culture with cuisine.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
I've looked into it since I plan on going game hunting for meat and hides. So I got a book which shows how to process a deer in the field. Most of my family can't stomach that stuff. So I've kind of been forced out to be the one to put down animals or clean up the guts if a chicken gets murdered by a coyote or raccoon.

Personally i have no quarrels with meat and even if I had to kill what I had to eat I'd still do it. Granted I've also seen how nature is. Natures really fucking brutal if you actually watch animals and not just go "Aww they're so cute." Even chickens fucking chickens are creatures of mass destruction and death. I've watched a flock of chickens tear apart a field mouse like raptors in Jurassic park

Nature why you so scary?
There's a guy on Youtube called Scott Rea who butchers all sorts of things so you may enjoy his channel. Plus he's got a nice voice.

Butchery...?

Uhm,,, no?

Raising an animal for its meat? Killing it, and then processing its body for storage/use/eating? I don't find it 'Interesting' (can't shake Spoke's voice with that word, sorry)...

I studied biology, physiology, and animal science. My aspirations as a child/young adult was to become a Veterinarian. I've dissected animals. Studying anatomy/physiology, chemisty and such, is 'Interesting'.

'Butchering' is a procedure necessary to properly manage a dead animal's body. I find that 'Necessary'.

I do not find modern 'Animal Manufacturing' industry 'Interesting'. I find it abhorrent. Caged animals not allowed to move, live, experience the sun/grass/running/playing/foraging with others of its kind and living in the natural world? I consider that to be a mortal Sin of humanity.

I've seen animals processed in meat factories. It is about the most depressing scene you can view. Only seeing our elderly, housed in 'Geriatric Facilities', are worse. (Yes, lots of folks call them 'Retirement Homes'. Deal.)

When an animal's body becomes a monetary commodity? 'Butchering' becomes obscene to me. If you harvest what you need to survive, DO THE WORK, and salvage the flesh, bones, hide/hooves/etc., to use? That's the way it should be.

*ahems*

Apologies. Didn't mean to rant. When I shop, and pass-by the meat dept.? Seeing all those neatly-wrapped, pristine packets of flesh and a price tag stuck on the cellophane?...

I nearly throw-up.

Yes, I realize modern civilization demands 'Meat markets' (not the sexual-trade kind. Git yer minds outta the gutter). I just see too many people not regarding the flesh they consume (Fast Food being the worse), as worth anything except to distend their stomachs and assuage their sensation of hunger (or gluttony).

You have to hunt, kill, dress, wrap/process a dead animal's body?

When you consume/use the products, you have respect for it.

That, or you're an utter narcissist.

SSJ3Mewtwo

This is probably a weird question to ask but I might as well ask it because I'm hella bored. I find butchery to be interesting and calming to watch and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. And no this is not a troll thread!
Totally. It's a fascinating craft.

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo
Yeah, but only because I'm just really hungry all the time.

Katook

There is definitely a craft and skill to being able to take and break down an animal carcass into the cleanest and best cuts of meat~ I don't find it any less strange of an interest of yours than the people I know who like to watch those pimple popping videos.... >,>

S

Sergei Sóhomo

It's pretty fun cutting up thing and snapping through the bones