• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Does anyone else here not like fursuits?

AustinB

Professional loser
I just don't like the look of them. They look silly and ridiculous. Some are just straight up uncanny. They look pretty weird and to actually pay $1500+ for something you're only going to wear once or twice a year is a bit overkill. I also feel like the heads themselves look a little fat. I don't really know how to word this, but the muzzles and facial structures just seem full of stuffing and they look a little too big for the fursuit itself. I don't know. I just don't really like fursuits. It's not my thing. I don't find them creepy or whatever, I just think it's odd and a little awkward. Especially when you see what some of these people do with their fursuits *ahem* murrsuiters *ahem*. But I just don't like the look of them. I'm probably alone on this. But hey, if you have a fursuit, cool. I could care less. Do whatever as long as it's not illegal or hurting anybody. I'd honestly not really want to talk to someone in a fursuit because I'm not seeing their face. I have some trust issues, so I don't conversate with people I can't recognize irl. But I want to see what any other furs think about fursuits. Again, I don't hate you if you own a fursuit and I'm not going to go ballistic over you owning a fursuit. I think it's a little weird, but hey, whatever. I care about people for their personality, not their hobbies/interests/possessions.

Yakamaru

Your average Stand enjoyer
Don't like something? Ignore it.

But this is the internet. Ignoring shit you don't like is fucking heresy to the God of Bullshit.
VjFWzqI.png

Diretooth

Dire Wolf and Dragon Therianthrope
Especially when you see what some of these people do with their fursuits *ahem* murrsuiters *ahem*.
I've heard SO many times that not only is banging in fursuits impractical, but can also be harmful to your health as you overheat very easily just doing normal everyday things in it, let alone doing any form of nasty inside of them. Those few with the tolerance and stamina to do that are in the minority. Also, if you're shelling out $1500+ for a suit, let alone making it yourself, that's a lot of shit to clean out. There are saner, cheaper, and healthier ways to express that certain predilection.

That being said, I like the ones that turn out well. It takes a lot of skill to make a suit that doesn't look uncanny or disturbing, and that's an art form I can respect. Sure, there's disturbing looking ones, but that's just an expression of the suit maker's lack of skill.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

They're hella uncanny

But if adapted for combat in conjunction with exoskeletons then I'm game

Yakamaru

They're hella uncanny

But if adapted for combat in conjunction with exoskeletons then I'm game
Missile launcher on the back, mini-MG on the shoulder and grenade launchers on both arms?

Hell yeah.

Square-Wave_Kittycat

The Mewsician
I don't 100% like the idea of a fursuit, it seems a bit warm in there.
I'm also not a big fan of the fact that wearable animal heads only show one expression forever, it just doesn't seem natural.

I'd rather have a cat ears and tail costume, personally.

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
I don't think they are a problem at all most people just have it as a thing they will wear to express themselves and give others a idea of their personality. To be honest it's just a personality tied to a suit it's a character you (or even another person) can be for a while. (It also stairs into your soul reminding you of what you have done and smiles eternally because it will enjoy tormenting you in the afterlife.)

But my friend who is a furry thinks differently and i told him "Don't worry it's fine man i don't care if you have one or want one". And that sent him into a ballistic fucking rage that lasted for a hour! But were good because he has "convinced me otherwise" on the fact that fursuits are not that big of a fucking deal.

A

Alex K

I like em fury suits cause I can give em to my grandson fresh from the wild n he really likes em

Alpine

The best Renault
I don't mind seeing them out in public, but I personally don't want one. The idea of wearing it plus the price (especially for a really good one) just aren't attractive enough for me to invest in one.

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
Don't like something? Ignore it.

But this is the internet. Ignoring shit you don't like is fucking heresy to the God of Bullshit.
Uhm, with all respect, I have to disagree. While the whole "Don't like, don't mention" mentality can be applied to some situations, more often than not it sounds like an attempt to filter criticism and dismiss genuine opinions as "dumb hate" - at least when it comes to things that cannot be trully ignored. Fursuiting and lifestyling are those things - whether you indulge in it or not, it's hard to deny that fursuiters are "vocal minority" that represent the fandom to non-members, being constantly mentioned by mass media and staying in center of many various events, to the point where many people refer to furry fandom as "those plushie wearers". So it's perfectly reasonable to speak out about this part of the community, in good or bad manner, and in that context, calling people out for it isn't any better than "those things SJWs do", since it revolves around the same principle of "scolding people for not being pleasant enough".

Either way, going back to the topic, I don't have too much against fursuits as a concept, but what I dislike is the culture of fursuitng and what they're usually used for in general - furpiles, parades, silly dances, all that childish stuff. It's just that fursuiting has so much potential outside of countless infantile colored dogs, and there are people who try to embrace that potential, creating and playing interesting characters, trying to make something new, etc. Of course there's the "just for fun" aspect, but with severe lack of people who take it seriously enough, the whole thing looks really stale compared to, let's say, cosplayers.

In other words, I would really appreciate fursuits more if there was more stuff like this and less stuff like this.

Last edited:

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
To each their own. I get that some people don't like them, it's just a matter of taste. I personally don't like the color yellow or pink, but there are people who do. I would personally really like to have a fursuit. I think they look really cool. But again, opinions are different for everyone, and none of them are wrong.

S

Sagt

I basically adore all fursuits, but the cartoon-like suits are my favourites. I don't even mind if the suit is mediocre or whatever - they're still cute and a lot of fun to see other people wear them.

That said, I don't think I'd ever want one myself since I don't think the price is justified for the almost non-existent amount of times I would actually wear it. Even in conventions, I think I would rather just leave the suiting to other people since I would probably find it to be a bit of a nuisance to wear one.

Yakamaru

Uhm, with all respect, I have to disagree. While the whole "Don't like, don't mention" mentality can be applied to some situations, more often than not it sounds like an attempt to filter criticism and dismiss genuine opinions as "dumb hate" - at least when it comes to things that cannot be trully ignored. Fursuiting and lifestyling are those things - whether you indulge in it or not, it's hard to deny that fursuiters are "vocal minority" that represent the fandom to non-members, being constantly mentioned by mass media and staying in center of many various events, to the point where many people refer to furry fandom as "those plushie wearers". So it's perfectly reasonable to speak out about this part of the community, in good or bad manner, and in that context, calling people out for it isn't any better than "those things SJWs do", since it revolves around the same principle of "scolding people for not being pleasant enough".
Fursuits I have no problem with. I wouldn't mind trying one myself, actually. On a good amount of them you can see the sheer quality, love, energy and time poured into them. And it shows. For me at least, a fursuit is practically the same as a cosplay, though probably at a decently higher price due to being a full body costume. However, I am not interested in buying a fursuit myself.

Lifestylers however can cause problems/unwanted situations and unwanted attention from media, regardless of what fandom they belong to. And the Furry fandom do have a decent amount of people who react negatively/overreact to what might be genuine criticism of their actions and/or words in public. These people should be dealt with, most preferably by telling them to stop overreacting. The Furry fandom is only that: A fandom. The problem is some Furries treat the Furry fandom as if they were a religious fanatic. And some of them are fursuiters and lifestylers.

As for any other extreme members in any given group, they are often brought into light as if they represent the rest of the group: They don't. Another problem is a lot of people easily jump onto the "Oh, I've seen a couple of people from X, they all must be like that then" bandwagon.

People have the right to act like an idiot in public. But the public also have the right to react however they please.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I love them, and want one! Plus, it's so fun to gets hugs by all the cute, fluffy fursuiters at a con! One of the best parts of the fandom! I can't wait till I get one, so I can be a happy, huggy, fluffy skunk that makes people happy. Or, scares them away...