• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Does the fandom make people gay?

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
The fandom can broaden your horizon *cough cough* And make you into really weird stuff.
But after all these years I'm still not into girls at all. So personal perspective I'd say no, it doesn't turn you gay.
Yes.. it can't turn you gay if you already were in the first place. ☺

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin

drawain

Artist
Yes.. it can't turn you gay if you already were in the first place. ☺
Why quote me tho? xD

Anyway, I only think someone can turn or discover their bi side. I don't care if it was always there or not. But turning outright gay and dropping your interest in the opposite sex? Nope.

drawain

Artist
Because it's 7AM local time and you're a spiffy, awesome user here on the forums. ☺

Actually though - I thought you were a dude.. and I probably should've checked your avatar first, (before I replied to your post). My bad.
Ah! Makes sense this way. xD won't blame anyone, my ava is showing a male OC and my nickname isn't feminie I think. (Because it's like Gawain.)

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer

It would be cool if it did. As in just seeing it. Say, a few fursuiters go through a busy mall...and BAM, everyone is gay! Or somebody sees a furry image on the web. WHAM! Gay! If you watch Zootopia: POW! Gay!

This could be great fun : )

webkilla

Furry, brony, anon - for lulz
I did my master thesis on internet cultures back in 2012 - via some polls I did I found that it appears almost 30% of the furry fandom is homo or bi-sexual.

Makes sense honestly: the furry fandom has always had a reputation of being very inclusive (some that is being challenged these days, sadly) so it stands to reason that a lot of LGBT people sought the community of the furry fandom, for they knew that they wouldn't be judged.

drawain

Artist
I did my master thesis on internet cultures back in 2012 - via some polls I did I found that it appears almost 30% of the furry fandom is homo or bi-sexual.

Makes sense honestly: the furry fandom has always had a reputation of being very inclusive (some that is being challenged these days, sadly) so it stands to reason that a lot of LGBT people sought the community of the furry fandom, for they knew that they wouldn't be judged.
Oh, tbh I thought it was even more. o:

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer

It would be cool if it did. As in just seeing it. Say, a few fursuiters go through a busy mall...and BAM, everyone is gay! Or somebody sees a furry image on the web. WHAM! Gay! If you watch Zootopia: POW! Gay!

Yes.. like invasion of the gay body snatchers.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin

And then our species die out because no one have kids. :p

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin

Friskyaa123

狐を殺すのに、兎を寄越すな。

not to mention it was very anonymous back in the day and someone could create a female character to 'experiment' and stuff. But I said this before, there were plenty of artists I assumed were straight but they were already expressing themselves sexually, so they're like 'why the heck not, here's a bunny dude'

but I think a big aspect of it was the anonymonity, and you could like be anonymous but make a character with aspects of yourself that you liked, even

Taku

Can't hear you beneath the rumble of the bass
° counter point° could the furry community lead one who is gay into bi/straight sexual activity?

webkilla

Furry, brony, anon - for lulz
° counter point° could the furry community lead one who is gay into bi/straight sexual activity?
as far as I'm aware there is no scientific backing for the ideat that anything can change your sexuality

but teens experimenting? oh that I'm sure there's plenty of - they haven't necesarily nailed down what they're down with yet

Lexiand

Werewolf
Nah it definitely does not turn you gay. *looks at a picture of a bara wolf* *Gets a boner*

Fuck I'm gay!

Last edited:

fourur

petit trou du luke
it make me gay, Misogyne, make me feel alone, it developped a lot of fetish I couldn't imagine, and drive me insane, but that all I have :rolleyes:

quoting_mungo

Maybe not furry community per se, but I personally know at least one guy who used to identify as gay, who moved over to bi and then pan after macking with a chick he met through furry mutual friends?

Also met at least one gay furry dude who was dating a poly-I-believe furry chick, some fifteen years ago or thereabouts (geez, her kids must be adults now, that's so weird to think about).

as far as I'm aware there is no scientific backing for the ideat that anything can change your sexuality
I think that depends on whether you're talking about the underlying wiring changing, or whether you're talking about the framework and labels we impose on that wiring changing. Because I'm pretty sure I've seen mentions of some studies that look into the latter, and I absolutely believe that that changing over time and in response to experience and exposure to new ideas, cultures (in a very broad sense of the word), and concepts is possible, based on personal experience.

Friskyaa123

狐を殺すのに、兎を寄越すな。

I met a 'mostly gay' furry guy on Telegram (he'll remain anonymous but just saying I met a guy), it's not like "being a furry" lol, there's sometimes pressure for gay guys to pretend they've never had some occasional desire for a woman because they don't want to be ostracized because of it. I dunno maybe though he's in the furry community and there's so much sexual diversity he felt ok to say it?

I keep saying this, in spite of the weird fetishes some people may not like, there's a lot of leeway to feel free to say some essential sort of orientation/gender stuff