• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Does Trolls ever bother you?

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
I'm mod for a few discords and I've seen my fair share of trolls and raids. I mean even today I got called a few uhhhh colorful words and a couple racial slurs. Honestly you just deal with it and pay them no mind. There are always going to be hateful people no matter what fandom you're in and letting them get to you is pointless because you'll never get through the day if you do. Often times I actually find it funny the amount amount of creativity that goes into trolling dog people on the internet. You just roll with it and pray no one will get scared off from the fandom. I've seen it happen too many times.

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
Don't feed the trolls.

P

Purplefuzz

I'm mod for a few discords and I've seen my fair share of trolls and raids. I mean even today I got called a few uhhhh colorful words and a couple racial slurs. Honestly you just deal with it and pay them no mind. There are always going to be hateful people no matter what fandom you're in and letting them get to you is pointless because you'll never get through the day if you do. Often times I actually find it funny the amount amount of creativity that goes into trolling dog people on the internet. You just roll with it and pray no one will get scared off from the fandom. I've seen it happen too many times.

Allot of them are just insane losers, There was one on /r/Furry that kept spamming cringy and dumb questions. Then had a meltdown when no one took his bait and closed his YT that hosted his hateful furry videos.

Liberonscien

They can bother you, but only if you let them. ;)
Adding to this, they can transition from being a source of annoyance to a source of amusement when you realize what they are trying to do.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I usually try to avoid them, knowing I have a very hard time with sarcasm and irony as it is.

I've actually confronted them once or twice, mainly in correcting their facts. Got that one to reveal that they cared a smidge. Figured out what they were doing with the rhetoric in their very next post after the talk and just didn't engage from that point.

The ones I've encountered have either been ignorant or thought the whole thing was a joke. Kinda not realizing there are plenty of people on the Internet who don't take jokes very well.