• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Does your fursona have any disabilities or health issues?

Dexin

Your friendly neighborhood space dog
Not a "real" one, but a fantasy-based one - in his world, dragons are inherently magical beings, able to use simple magic straight out of the egg and more complex magic as they grow and hone their skills. Except him, he was born without any magical ability whatsoever.

Obviously no, this is not based on a real-life experience of mine.

Ah, that's really interesting and creative ^_^

He has ADHD, hallucinations, high functioning mental disability, along with the anxiety, plus he is pyrophobic.

And is that stuff you have too? Or just the fursona has it?

Nope, because when I imagine a better version of me it doesn't have my same flaws. Unfortunately, disabled critters can't survive in her world well, as in nature they'd just be easy food. Her mate, however, is born blind but sees using his spirit powers, so he survives a while before eventually dying to the harshness of their world (though not directly because of the blindness since by then he learns to "see" better than those with sight).

Fair enough ^_^ If your goal is a better version of you that lives in a harsh world, I can see how disabilities would be undesired.

She is extremely sensitive to electricity, like lightning or strong magnetic fields because they interfere with her natural navigational abilities. Strong thunderstorms can leave her feeling disoriented.

Ah, very interesting. I like that you've put so much thought into her world/species ^_^

D

Deleted member 82554

Also.

Screenshot_2018-08-22-21-03-28-1.png

Paws the Gryphon

*Technically* an Opinicus
Many phobias, starting primarily with 'fire'. And if you can call it a health issue, she's also life-impaired, starting primarily with 'not being biological'. D:

SequoiaH

Pretty green Dragoness
I have a couple conditions in real life that I wish I could live without, so I think I wouldn't want my scalesona to have them too.

Lordy, I just wanna be normal T.T

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Conor Hyena:
PTSD - Of course he has PTSD. he's a soldier, that comes with the job, right? HIs is because he did something he shouldn't have, and it haunts him.
Bad hip - There's a few pieces of shrapnel stuck in his hip bone that refuses to come out and is very discomforting, causes him pain and makes him walk with a stick from time to time, though he doesn't show it much.
General scarring - he's got a lot of scars that from time to time cause pain, which is more psychosomatical than most.
Back back: Also, propably psychosomatic. He ignores it.
Lack of claws on the right paw - he has no claws on the right paw, after someone with a red-hot pair of tweezers pulled all of them off.

Conor sergal: He's lost his arm. He has a metal one, but it's heavy, unfeeling, not very gentle and pretty cold and uncomfortable.

DariusTheLoony

Darius Nack
Ah, that's really interesting and creative ^_^

And is that stuff you have too? Or just the fursona has it?

Fair enough ^_^ If your goal is a better version of you that lives in a harsh world, I can see how disabilities would be undesired.

Ah, very interesting. I like that you've put so much thought into her world/species ^_^

Both

Lobie5

Lobie the Cartoonist
Mine's got autism, like me. :D

Stray Cat Terry

"테리는길냥이"
This is a very interesting topic!

In my case, I mostly spread my problems to my OCs, each of my OCs has a part of my issues, but is set major issues for them individually. This way I can concentrate more and also be more true when it comes to RP-ing,
It's going to be an essay to write all about me via my OCs, so I think I'm just gonna talk about my Fursona instead.

Terry suffers from lack of affection which they try their best not to be shown, but wants to be known.
Terry is a hypotensive, will appreciate sweets.
Terry suffers from split personality as well, is struggling. But when one of the two gets control over Terry, they can't resist acting as one.
Also there's gender identity disorder.

Oh well...

Callitza

It's nice to see that people create fursonas with the same personality or mental disorders they have.

When I started to draw a "thing" (About 7 years ago) to descripe my mood it was looking like a creepy smiley. Sounds weard, but whenever I feel anxietys, depressed or happy the face had a different grimace and looked like he is made for a horror movie. After finishing the first version of my fursona I gave her the ability to show my feelings and ONLY my feelings. All drawings I made with her contained blood, an open brain and other gory things. The main reason why I did that is because I wasn't allowed to show my feelings in real life, so I expressed myself without anyone knowing how I felt inside.

After a while (About 3 till 4 years ago) I gave her a different personality, like a stong version of myself, but it felt wrong. She had all the features I never had at it made me feel some kind of wortless? Don't know if it sounds weard.

These days I feel a little bit more comfortable with myself or at least not pressured like I felt when I was younger. My fursona does have the same likes and dislikes and it feels so much better to me. I understand it when people don't want their fursonas to have the same problems but I can connect with my fursona way better this way. :)

Dexin

Your friendly neighborhood space dog
It's nice to see that people create fursonas with the same personality or mental disorders they have.

When I started to draw a "thing" (About 7 years ago) to descripe my mood it was looking like a creepy smiley. Sounds weard, but whenever I feel anxietys, depressed or happy the face had a different grimace and looked like he is made for a horror movie. After finishing the first version of my fursona I gave her the ability to show my feelings and ONLY my feelings. All drawings I made with her contained blood, an open brain and other gory things. The main reason why I did that is because I wasn't allowed to show my feelings in real life, so I expressed myself without anyone knowing how I felt inside.

After a while (About 3 till 4 years ago) I gave her a different personality, like a stong version of myself, but it felt wrong. She had all the features I never had at it made me feel some kind of wortless? Don't know if it sounds weard.

These days I feel a little bit more comfortable with myself or at least not pressured like I felt when I was younger. My fursona does have the same likes and dislikes and it feels so much better to me. I understand it when people don't want their fursonas to have the same problems but I can connect with my fursona way better this way. :)

That makes since. I think it's cool that you have your sona's feelings match yours and that they are more like you. I understand when people make their sona's be more what they aspire too be, but for me, I also find it more comfortable to make my fursona more like me than not ^_^ It just feels more genuine and natural, and I don't have to think so hard when drawing him. I can just be like, what is my mood? How would I react? And then draw that.

creamyfox

Not very serious but my fursona's eyes are sometimes crossing and her glasses doesn't work for this, only astigmatism. Just like me

Leadhoof

The NODS stay ON during sex.
Dallas is almost completely deaf in his right ear. But unlike me, that was because of a negligent discharge rather than not wearing ear protection around loud machinery.

He also has no feeling in his right index finger, after taking a bullet fragment from a test fire mishap. I may or may not have this exact problem.

sleepy kitty

frisky feline
She used to suffer from a harsh type of psychosis, but is now in a process of healing because of her prayers being answered.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Never gave this any thought in regards to Firuthi, to be honest - though he'd almost certainly be on the autism spectrum (the higher-functioning part in particular) like me. He would NOT have the hypotonia (uh, that's low muscle tone, which among other things makes any sort of physical activity much more exhausting) I have had, though.

However, I DID write an entire group of characters who had issues as part of a roleplaying campaign once:
  • The housecat leader was wheelchair-bound (she was ex-military and her legs got trapped under rubble);
  • her gator friend had some serious depression (long story on that one);
  • there was a fennec with OCPD (which as I understood it is the kind of perfection-obsessed thing everyone thinks ordinary OCD is);
  • a bipolar hedgehog (didn't get enough time with this one);
  • a shark with a weird neurological disorder that sent him into seizures every time he smelled blood (at least if it was unchecked - it's NOT merely sensory processing disorder, I actually based it off a very weird disorder I heard about in a TV show once);
  • a badger with something I had called "atavism prominence disorder" (this was a setting of civilized animals, the disorder was basically a compulsion to act much more like the base animal than is accepted. Not sure how this'd compare to real-world disorders);
  • near the end there was also a rhino with multiple personalities (not getting into how THIS happened either).
And unless the badger's disorder compares at all to autism, NONE of these match up with me in the least. It was more of an experiment of mine to try and put myself in the shoes of people who have these sorts of things. (An experiment that I presume still didn't get anywhere NEAR reality.)

Last edited:
My sona have some disorders and actually all of them are same as me OR work like a metaphor of disorders I have

- Asperger's
- Anger control issues
- Social anxiety
- Neurosis
- Her right eye is bionic because I have myopia, and had two surgeries in my childhood. For now my sight is stable but right eye still sees slightly worse than the left one, that's why I decided to make right eye of my sona bionic.
- Allergy on penicillium and insects' poisons

Shane the chocco doggo

Overly imaginative and lazy
Possible Asperger's
Anxiety
Hay fever
Cannot take any blood thinning meds ibuprofen .ect
Athsmatic
Double sighted
Has heightened sense of hearing
Can sometimes get kinda depressed

All of these apply to me irl

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
Well, my fursona is me.

So she’s an Aspie, like I am. Half deaf, too- I’ve been thinking of incorporating hearing aids in her design.

Beardie hearing aids? Now that sounds fun.