• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Does your fursona(s) have any special significance?

Faexie

Rara for short :)
Update: Rebel is now anthro and representing my nature, and Ramona is representing the nurtured aspect of my personality (the nature vs nurture theme, though they are learning to work together better)

When I made Ramona, I didn't intend for her to be anything more than an avatar, but now, with the addition of a new fursona that has a lot more meaning, she has started to be more meaningful herself.

As some of you may know, I'm autistic and have ADHD. Lately I've been picturing these aspects of me (as well as other aspects of my mind) as a nervous, quirky and stubborn white feral pegasus (her name is Rebel for now, but not sure about it) that I need to get to know better, so that I could take care of her properly and get her to do what I need her to. She originally was a horse, but I decided to give her wings to represent the aspects of my autism that I enjoy, and also to represent how liberating it was for me to finally understand myself through the lenses of autism.

Ramona has taken the role of my more conscious mind and an example of the person I'm striving to be. Sometimes, when I struggle doing something or suffer in a certain situation that I can't reasonably get out of (like work), things get better and easier when I imagine that I'm her.

Last edited:

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
I created my Deathless from a pair of ears I ordered from Pawstar, and she ended turning into MY girl. Even though I have like a million other characters, Deathless is my main girl and she has a special place in my heart. I have a fursuit head of her, multiple badges, and just constant dedication to her.
I use Deathless to express whatever I'm into through outfits and her bonding with characters I love! Her current outfit is the outfit Izzy Sparks wears in Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's because, well, I love Guitar Hero, and I love that character.
She's also for me to express what I plan to do in life. She's a talented musician who sings, plays the drums, bass, and electric guitar, which is what I aspire to pick up! My characters are mainly used for self expression for myself, and my multiple characters are used to express different mindsets like anger and happiness!
I want my characters to be able to do and feel things I cannot.

Arthurtheshepherd

Canada's most well dressed collie.
Originally Arthur was just my fursona but now he is a park of my he is a extension of me he is the part I would like to express more and I slowly am for example I just came out to my family and Arthur was always gay

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Well, I chose a Sabertooth because in RL, I was already a little long in the tooth! :p

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
Maelstrom started as a brown wolf, an avatar in the Second Life grid. As time went on, I developed her character backstory and decided that she was not just a wolf, but an Akhlut (wolf/orca, like a mermaid) but that she had been sent to live on land long ago. She rediscovered her origins when she met others of her kind. She has gone from just being "an avatar" and "a character" to being my fursona over these past ten years. She is some of the same things I am, some of the things I wish I could be, too.

Wabbajax

Jaxon-Jackal/Arixes-Særkyn
Jax was originally going to be a fox but they were a bit too common. I also grew up loving wolves so I didn't want to stray too far from the lone-wolf attitude I embraced in my youth. I settled on a jackal because they are scrappy scavengers that have the intelligence of a fox but also the traits I like of wolves.

The various imperfections of my 'sona (out of place tooth, torn ear, missing finger) started out as just a collection of different ways to make him unique but have begun to take on meaning over time. For example, the tooth reflects my own imperfect smile and other small defects in physical appearance. The missing finger represents the various mental "challenges" I live with that I wish I could cut out and remove. The torn ear represents different mistakes and poor choices I have made that have marked me.

Than0s

Well known titan
Banned
Thanos was always a smart kid. When rodan tried to take the power stone, he yeeted him. Now thanos is retired, and because of that now looks like a big grape

Tendo64

Siamese Weeb
Sabrina started out as an OC I got in an art game, and really still is. Sabrina and I aren't really tightly knit with her being a furry version of me, I have a bond like that with a human persona rather. Sabby is only a fursona in the sense that she represents me in the fandom; she's still very much her own character other than that, although we have similar personalities. That being said, I am still really attached to her, and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
As some of you may know, I'm autistic and have ADHD. Lately I've been picturing these aspects of me (as well as other aspects of my mind) as a nervous, quirky and stubborn white feral pegasus (her name is Rebel for now, but not sure about it) that I need to get to know better, so that I could take care of her properly and get her to do what I need her to. She originally was a horse, but I decided to give her wings to represent the aspects of my autism that I enjoy, and also to represent how liberating it was for me to finally understand myself through the lenses of autism.

I'm autistic spectrum too and this paragraph spoke to me in an interesting coincidental way. I've often seen myself within my mind's eye as a black unicorn, using my horn to cut the shackles that bind me (metaphorically speaking.) I've never regarded this character as a fursona, but he/she is important to me.

This genderless unicorn is styled like an old heraldic unicorn (deer-like, with a lion's tail and cloven hooves) and black, with silver hooves and mane, and a twin coloured horn (white and black, in stripes like a candy cane.)

I often see this character leaping to freedom when I feel trapped.

Moar Krabs

Aight boys
Banned
My secondary sona (the millipede) was made because 1. I wanted a unique species and 2. I like Insects

My main sona (the sundew plant) was made because 1. I like botany, 2. I’m asexual and so are plants and 3. An anthro plant sounds like something out of a love craft book. I especially like love crafts works

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I made LV to represent all my pet ferrets and had them winged to represent those that have died. So even though they don’t really make a good representation of me I still like them as an icon.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Conor is a fictionalized version of what I am, what I want to be, and a constant reminder of what I shouldn't be. His life and backstory stand metaphorically and fictionalized for the events of my life.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
Well, Mae is everything I strive to be! She may be a little introverted like I am, but she’s definitely a lot more social and outgoing, not to mention that she’s always humble and kind to others! Which is a little ironic, given how isolated she tends to be. Anyway, I strive to be more like her one day! That’s what Mae means to me.

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
My fursona has a lot of significance to me.

Draco is a water dragon of my own creation.

Water I find to be important to me and I will find myself drawn to waterfalls and the sea particularly if it is stormy and dramatic. I also like dark overcast days with steady rainfall and a light breeze, and I can easily find myself sitting outside observing and taking in the world around me as the rain falls. In some way I find this quite grounding.

A dragons knowledge and wisdom. Others seem to think that I am knowledgeable. But it is more that I tend to try and consider what it presented to me, and from what little I know and from what I can interpret from a situation. I try to give as reasoned response that I can.

The reserved temperament of the dragon. I'm slow to anger but the world does tend to shake when enough is enough and I let out my rawr!

My dragon fursona does not have physical wings. This is from a representation of a past form. I struggle with BDD and one of the outward manifestations of this has been harm that I have done to myself and the loss of the wings is the representation of this. With the creation of Draco from the last two embers that refused to extinguish with in the heart of the previous form, a dragon with out wings is not much of a dragon. So the past can not be changed and will always be what it is but the future is something that can be shaped to some degree. So Draco used all of there knowledge and skill to create two bioengineered Norse Talismans to take the place of the wings. With these Draco can augment the fire from with in to create wings.
This is a representation of the degree to which I can develop, learn, overcome and the hidden drive within me.

Draco can be very compassionate and highly empathetic towards others and this is a direct comparison to my own nature.

Draco has no biological or assigned gender. This has significant meaning to me. In part because I could be described as androgynous because of what people would consider masculine and feminine traits of which I seem to be almost equally high in both. But the overwhelming influence on this is from past treatment that I have had to endure from others. I just don't want to be threatened, attacked, forced into or being anything that I am not.

As with myself Draco can take time to trust others and for those considered to be friends Draco will be incredibly loyal to them.

Dragons like shiny things and collecting them, and this is a reflection of my ability as an electronics engineer to proceed to collect much clutter. As you never know it may be useful one day.

There are other elements I am working on. One of theses being the inscriptions on the talismans. These relate to some family heritage that seems to echo very much within me, and trying to interpret this into Younger Futhark runes for the inscription is proving quite challenging.

This touches on some of the key points about my fursona.

Stag_In_Padding

Banned
Banned
Update: Rebel is now anthro and representing my nature, and Ramona is representing the nurtured aspect of my personality (the nature vs nurture theme, though they are learning to work together better)

When I made Ramona, I didn't intend for her to be anything more than an avatar, but now, with the addition of a new fursona that has a lot more meaning, she has started to be more meaningful herself.

Ramona has taken the role of my more conscious mind and an example of the person I'm striving to be. Sometimes, when I struggle doing something or suffer in a certain situation that I can't reasonably get out of (like work), things get better and easier when I imagine that I'm her.

Yes.

Nanominyo

Asaroth?
Well in the start I had another sona - Mainer - but throughout 2017 where I actually brought his design for about $53 I think - did I not expect for me to come to love him as much as I’ve done!
But thanks to a friend who has on and off “roleplayed” with me to find his story did I begin to relate more to him as a character and eventually broke free from this shared world between me and my friend and took his story and life into my own hands, which ended up in me also using him as a Fursona while also having a complicated story for him like an OC.
I have had other fursona’s going forth and back between them but Asaroth means more to me than those to say so - because I gave myself the freedom to make him relateabke to me

Z

Z-ro

my conscience guards..
my deepest feelings in a nutshell
and...me in some ways

ryuukei8569

The Adorable Kurokuri
Ryuukei is one of my oldest characters and I plan to feature my adorable little fluffball in a webcomic. Beyond that, eh not too much, other than being ridiculously cute and huggable.

Arnak

Off the bench
Ricky: my Western pride (I guess)

Arnak: my intelligence and love of fantasy

Aika: child like joy

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
My main sona is a hyena named August (my real name) now. He's just "me but anthro". I'm hyenakin but the specifics of markings/color didn't matter so I just gave him nice warm colors and some bright blue contrasts.
Warren (my current av) is my girl sona, so is essentially me when I feel more girl. She's outgoing and tomboyish, kind of the polar opposite of August (who's very awkward and shy). She's an Amur leopard. Chose that because I adore big cats and wanted to use one that's a little more underrepresented in the fandom.

I also have a shapeshifting tanuki named Cinnamon/Cinn that is there to play around with identities and animals via their magical abilities. They're like my online persona and how I try on a lot of different identities before something sticks.

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate
My dragon sona is very much me, only as a badass fire breathing giant bird. Natchy isn't afraid to be the hard ass, and on most sites is my face in public. I just wish I could get more art of her but most people don't like drawing feathery dragons.

But Rayly is what I wish I could be, smart, successful, attractive and water proof otter fur.

Arnak

Off the bench
I have so many characters because I have ADHD and I want to be everything that catches my eye. All of them have deep stories and lore