• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Doesnt "furry fan" sound better then "furry"?

RafflesHolmes

It's like the same way anime fans call themselves otaku. I don't really think it matters what we call ourselves. Adding fan to it is kind of pointless.

Everyone knows what you are a fan of the moment you say it.

Otaku = Anime and manga fan (At least in the west in Japan otaku has a different meaning sorta but besides the point.)

Furry = Someone who is a fan of anthro animals

Whovian = Someone who is a fan of Doctor Who

The list goes on with stuff like that. You don't need to add fan.

RafflesHolmes

I guarantee you not every anime fan calls themselves otaku. Otaku is, like Whovians, a certain subset of people within the fandom.

Okay, I should have added some. But the point still stands the same that is what a lot go by and it isn't bad going by such things.

I call myself an otaku and Whovian nothing wrong and nothing to get mad about either.

M

Massan Otter

I'd prefer "furry" to "furry fan". A big part of the appeal of the fandom to me is that it's so participatory, something we create for ourselves rather than simply appreciating existing works. So I think of it as something to do or to be, rather than just to be a fan of. I dunno, does that tilt me towards the lifestyler end?