• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dog food... for People

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
Fat overfed dogs that have been fed on much more than just their kibble.

Not necessarily. Certain breeds like Labradors and Rottweilers have a tendency to put on weight very easily and will generally eat the amount in front of them, no matter how large. A lot of the cheaper dog foods consist mainly of fillers and cheap carbs. Thats why there is a proportionate serving guide on the dogfood bags...

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
I'm not really all that upset, but yeah you pretty much summed it up. I am glad at least one person can see the big picture here. There really is nothing I can say that someone wont find some way to spin in the most negative possible manner.

Like the guy that said I lead off with an obnoxious statement... That was a sincere post with a valid point. It is my opinion that the statement in question is only obnoxious if the person reading it is guilty of being narrow-minded and is offended at the very notion that they might be at fault, not to mention the valid point I made was never even addressed.

As for people saying this topic is uninteresting, boring, or was a bad idea... then why are you posting in it? Of course you are entitled to post, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you don't have anything new, constructive, or relevant to add then shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of my thread.

I apologize for the tone of the previous paragraph. As I have said, I'm not really upset, but I do like to get a point across. It's kinda sad that it takes a sledge hammer to do so. But enough with feeding the trolls.

To everyone who has shown interest in this thread, has posted informational or thought provoking statements, or has expressed your opinion, for or against, without snide remarks or baseless personal attacks, to you I give a big thanks.
Woah, stop that internet tough-guy attitude, it'll get you nowhere.

Anyway, opinions/remarks that conflict your own =/= trolls. I could go into the whole "bluntness of FAF" speech but I won't as I have posted it many, many times. This is a public forum where people can say their honest opinions (within the rules obviously). By posting, you open yourself up to this kind of scrutiny.

Tiamat

Banned
but if you don't have anything new, constructive, or relevant to add then shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of my thread.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
gaiz gaiz why cant we just be nice to each other?

because most of you are insufferable fucking idiots, and you need to be told that repeatedly until YOU GET IT

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
Not necessarily. Certain breeds like Labradors and Rottweilers have a tendency to put on weight very easily and will generally eat the amount in front of them, no matter how large. A lot of the cheaper dog foods consist mainly of fillers and cheap carbs. Thats why there is a proportionate serving guide on the dogfood bags...

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. lol

C

Cid_Nielcen

Woah, stop that internet tough-guy attitude, it'll get you nowhere.

Anyway, opinions/remarks that conflict your own =/= trolls. I could go into the whole "bluntness of FAF" speech but I won't as I have posted it many, many times. This is a public forum where people can say their honest opinions (within the rules obviously). By posting, you open yourself up to this kind of scrutiny.

You again? This thread was going fine until you and Willow showed up.

If you can't see the trolling then you've got blinders on.

You talk about the bluntness of FAF, but when I'm blunt its "internet tough guy".

Thread topic summed up: Food for people that is as convenient as dog food.

Now, again, if you don't have anything relevant, constructive, or new to add that is on topic, stop posting. And I do believe that is in the guidelines somewhere, I could be mistaken though.

edit: Even if it's not in the guidelines, it would still be a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiamat

Banned
Yeah, I realized that after I posted. lol

I do agree though that too many treats too often won't help either. Its just a case in point though that at the dog park we go to there is a rottie owner and on sunday we were just talking about weight. Her rottie was getting a little too chunky. She found out her live-in boyfriend at the time was feeding him huge amounts of food (twice the recommended) when it was his turn to feed and of course the dog would just eat it all in the usual manner of seconds.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned

If you can't see the trolling then you've got blinders on.

You talk about the bluntness of FAF, but when I'm blunt its "internet tough guy".

Thread topic summed up: Food for people that is as convenient as dog food.

Now, again, if you don't have anything relevant, constructive, or new to add that is on topic, stop posting. And I do believe that is in the guidelines somewhere, I could be mistaken though.
I don't think you know what trolling is. Trolling is a deliberate attempt at getting someone to have an emotional response to a remark just for the troller's personal entertainment. That is not what I/we are doing. Willow and I were being realistic and stating our honest opinions on the subject yet you took them as insults. That was all your doing.

Also I brought up the "internet tough guy" attitude you seemed to display because trying to boss people around on an internet forum by telling them to "get the fuck out your thread" isn't really a good idea. You don't 'own' this place, none of us members do. It's up to the moderation staff weather to infract people, not you.

C

Cid_Nielcen

I don't think you know what trolling is. Trolling is a deliberate attempt at getting someone to have an emotional response to a remark just for the troller's personal entertainment. That is not what I/we are doing. Willow and I were being realistic and stating our honest opinions on the subject yet you took them as insults. That was all your doing.

Also I brought up the "internet tough guy" attitude you seemed to display because trying to boss people around on an internet forum by telling them to "get the fuck out your thread" isn't really a good idea. You don't 'own' this place, none of us members do. It's up to the moderation staff weather to infract people, not you.

I know what trolling is. Again, if you don't see it, you are blind. Also consider the fact that words can have more than one meaning.

Boss people around? Someone comes at me with an attitude, I tell them to fuck off... that's bossing people around? Erm, okay. Like I said... spinning. Keep spinning.

I can tell people not to post. I can't make them listen to me. I'm okay with this. By the way, isn't that kind of what you are doing? Telling me what to do/what not to do in a round about way?

I went through the forum guidelines again and couldn't find what I thought I had read before. I guess people are allowed to post whatever unrelated garbage they want in any thread they choose. Which also means nothing I have posted is out of line.

Now, pretty please, can we get back on topic? With a cherry on top?

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
I know what trolling is. Again, if you don't see it, you are blind. Also consider the fact that words can have more than one meaning.

Boss people around? Someone comes at me with an attitude, I tell them to fuck off... that's bossing people around? Erm, okay. Like I said... spinning. Keep spinning.

I can tell people not to post. I can't make them listen to me. I'm okay with this. By the way, isn't that kind of what you are doing? Telling me what to do/what not to do in a round about way?

I went through the forum guidelines again and couldn't find what I thought I had read before. I guess people are allowed to post whatever unrelated garbage they want in any thread they choose. Which also means nothing I have posted is out of line.

It's just general forum etiquette to not tell someone to "get the fuck out of your thread".

Randy-Darkshade

No, posting unrelated garbage is against the rules and leads to being infracted. Threads need to be kept on topic and replies need to be kept civil. As per forum rules.

Also, if you are claiming to have been trolling, it's bad. :v

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Gaiz, Gaiz! Can't we all just...sing a song or something instead of inane bickering?

No, posting unrelated garbage is against the rules and leads to being infracted. Threads need to be kept on topic and replies need to be kept civil. As per forum rules.

Also, if you are claiming to have been trolling, it's bad. :v

Also, it's better to just ignore the posts than to go on some tirade replying to them and creating more problems that may or may not get yourself into trouble.

Also, I'm going to have to ask for some civility on both sides...please.

Last edited:
C

Cid_Nielcen

Also, it's better to just ignore the posts than to go on some tirade replying to them and creating more problems that may or may not get yourself into trouble.

Also, I'm going to have to ask for some civility on both sides...please.

You are correct, it's a lesson I've learned many times but keep falling into the same trap. It's just so difficult to "turn the other cheek" and not defend yourself. But that's not even the hardest part. For me, the hardest part is the message being misunderstood. I make a point, the point is not received, communication has failed. So annoying.

You ask for civility? You shall have it. On my side at least. The problem is with the other side. How did Fuzzle put it... bitterness baked right into each sentence? The problem is they walk the line, posting opinions that are on topic while sneaking in as much hateful sarcastic witful humor as they can while still maintaining plausible deny ability, and continue to get away with it. When anyone tries to call them on it, they feign innocence.

And then there were a few who were blatantly insulting, but I'm over it. Was never really stuck on it to begin with.

Also, I appreciate the clarification on the forum rules. Maybe now, finally, what should be a lighthearted discussion can continue... if there is anything more to add.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy-Darkshade

You are correct, it's a lesson I've learned many times but keep falling into the same trap. It's just so difficult to "turn the other cheek" and not defend yourself. But that's not even the hardest part. For me, the hardest part is the message being misunderstood. I make a point, the point is not received, communication has failed. So annoying.

You ask for civility? You shall have it. On my side at least. The problem is with the other side. How did Fuzzle put it... bitterness baked right into each sentence? The problem is they walk the line, posting opinions that are on topic while sneaking in as much hateful sarcastic witful humor as they can while still maintaining plausible deny ability, and continue to get away with it. When anyone tries to call them on it, they feign innocence.

And then there were a few who were blatantly insulting, but I'm over it. Was never really stuck on it to begin with.

Also, I appreciate the clarification on the forum rules. Maybe now, finally, what should be a lighthearted discussion can continue... if there is anything more to add.

You're the one whom started it all by whining about two users who posted legit replies in your thread with a bit of wit included.

Jason-

Oh my goat!
Not that I want to be off topic, but I just had to say that Cid_Nielcen's avatar character constantly reminds me of the generic anthro-fox civilian you see in random Dragon Ball Z episodes as it looks similar in shape and style with its head and face.

Last edited:
Who would want to eat the same thing all day from a bag? It's the equivalent of those diet plans in which you drink nothing but same sugar-filled "health drink" for two days straight. Preparing/making a meal yourself is fun, and tastier too. I wouldn't swap flavour and variety for convenience.

Fuzzle

Two scoops of Fuzz
I just mixed together protein powder, orange metamucil fiber, spinach leaf, cup of milk and water and I gots myself a nifty little drink here. But I made too much and in order to get my full dose of protein I gotta drink through this whole batch of frosty water. Though since I'm doing Insanity and p90x again, I'm eating real simple now. I stay around 1800 calories a day with turkey, chicken, mustard, whole wheat wraps, whole wheat bread, cheese, mixed vegetables, zevia, stevia, popcorn, it's really manageable. I think people food in a bag would be a fun novelty, especially if it was really really good and healthy for you, but cooking varieties of food into combinations of textures and flavors is an integral cog in the wheel of culture...and living.

My favorite food on earth is Chow Mein noodles and General Tsos, or Teriyaki Chicken. Basically just Japanese and Chinese food. But unfortunately it makes me rotund :<

C

Cid_Nielcen

Because it's off topic, I sent a reply to this post in a PM but I'm not sure if he got it since I got no reply, and it's been kinda buggy, so I'll post here as well.

Not that I want to be off topic,
---
Cid_Nielcen's avatar character constantly reminds me of the generic anthro-fox
---
in random Dragon Ball Z episodes

You know it's off topic, and yet you post anyway. I would remind you to please stay on topic, but you already know that you're doing it wrong which leads me to wondering... why?

My avatar being compared to a generic character isn't exactly the most flattering thing I've ever heard. And I'm not a fox, I'm a wolf, dammit! :v But I shouldn't be surprised since red wolves are commonly mistaken for foxes.

I am still learning how to draw, and in that process have studied various art styles. Dragon Ball is one of my favorite cartoons and I've spent a good amount of time studying that art style. I must complement you on having a good eye to note the similarities.

Who would want to eat the same thing all day from a bag?
---
It's the equivalent of those diet plans in which you drink nothing but same sugar-filled "health drink" for two days straight.
---
Preparing/making a meal yourself is fun
---
I wouldn't swap flavour and variety for convenience.

There are plenty of examples in history where a culture's survival depended on eating primary the same thing every day. If it were a necessity, you'd get used to it.

As for sugar-filled "health drink", you're not supposed to live off of Slimfast. However, with things like Slimfast and meal replacements from GNC, a product like I'm suggesting isn't that far of a jump from things already on the market.

Cooking is fun? Not everyone thinks so.

It's already been stated that there could be flavor and variety along with the convenience. Not only could there be, but there already is. Refer to previous posts about therapeutic foods.

I think people food in a bag would be a fun novelty, especially if it was really really good and healthy for you, but cooking varieties of food into combinations of textures and flavors is an integral cog in the wheel of culture...and living.

I agree. Hell, even in Star Trek DS9 where they have food replicators, Benjamin Sisko's dad runs a restaurant and uses naturally grown ingredients.

There are plenty of examples in history where a culture's survival depended on eating primary the same thing every day. If it were a necessity, you'd get used to it.

But that's it - it isn't a necessity. In today's world, there are literally thousands of choices of food.

As for sugar-filled "health drink", you're not supposed to live off of Slimfast. However, with things like Slimfast and meal replacements from GNC, a product like I'm suggesting isn't that far of a jump from things already on the market.

Point taken. I guess with the right marketing strategy it might sell relatively well compared to how well Slimfast and other such things sell. However, "It's like dog food for people!" isn't a very good slogan. :v

Now I think it over, this so called "dog food for people" is actually an okay idea, but it's just not for me. With the right marketing scheme and variety of flavours, it might even do pretty well in the market. However, that said, nothing is a substitute for a curry. I love me a curry.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
The funny thing is that it really wasn't

I do agree though that too many treats too often won't help either. Its just a case in point though that at the dog park we go to there is a rottie owner and on sunday we were just talking about weight. Her rottie was getting a little too chunky. She found out her live-in boyfriend at the time was feeding him huge amounts of food (twice the recommended) when it was his turn to feed and of course the dog would just eat it all in the usual manner of seconds.
Feeding pets table scraps doesn't help either. We have that problem with my grandma and now we just have a bunch of obese dogs

Tigercougar

When I was about 5-6 I'd eat some pieces of my dog's Pupperoni from time to time. Dog food actually doesn't taste bad but, eh, I'll only revisit it if I ever become desperately poor.