• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dominance or Submission: Which do you prefer?

Are you dominant or submissive?

• male dominant

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • female dominant

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • male submissive

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • female submissive

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • not sure/can't say

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

Aggybyte

has an obvious hypno fetish
Do you prefer to be dominant or submissive over others? This could have anything to do with roleplay or real life. I'm more of the submissive/slave/pet type. I'm not good at making my own decisions.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather
What? Why are you posting this here or at all?

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Uke from womb to tomb :v (which fujoshi speak for submissive)
Wait a second. Why do you need to know this?

What? Why are you posting this here or at all?
Someone really needs to get outside and fast.

Aggybyte

What's with all of the why posting? I started a topic... I don't see what else I did wrong.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
What's with all of the why posting? I started a topic... I don't see what else I did wrong.
For what it's worth, it's a bit out of the blue. I won't say tmi but it is prying and a bit of an awkward question to ask.

septango

ᴓᴥᴓ
It would seem to me that people are not confortable talking about this BUT dont seem to reilize they can just, ya know, not post anything

Aggybyte

For what it's worth, it's a bit out of the blue. I won't say tmi but it is prying and a bit of an awkward question to ask.
REALLY? I can think of a ton of threads on FA that ask more awkward questions than this one.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
It would seem to me that people are not confortable talking about this BUT dont seem to reilize they can just, ya know, not post anything
inb4 hurr you guize r just prudes. look at how open i am.

REALLY? I can think of a ton of threads on FA that ask more awkward questions than this one.
Well if you also remember, they all started and ended the same way. A lot of why and people asserting that they're the better person because they're open about certain things.

Last edited:

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I've always been pretty dominant. I realized this when I began training dogs because of how awesome I felt when they obeyed without question. For the most part I'm a very relaxed dom, to the point I might appear submissive, but even while in this state, people trying to have authority or dominance over me just ticks me off. Very rarely I'm ok with being submissive but even then I can revert to my dominant state in mere moments. I dunno, I just love power and being in control.

Aggybyte

I didn't intend for this thread to be completely sexual in nature. Just your personality.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Ohh jesus, not another one of these threads.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
The words you're looking for are passive and assertive then.
I assumed that's what OP wanted so I replied accordingly. I just forgot those words. XD But yeah OP, dom/sub are pretty much always used for sexual situations. I personally assume them to be leader/in charge and follower.

Distorted

I get the discussion, but I fear that someone will come by and just run with it and get it locked. But to answer the question...

I'm a rather submissive person. Or passive is a better word. I don't take lead at all, even if I'm the most qualified to do so. I hang back and let others do what they want. And I do what they ask for some reason. I do it without realizing sometimes. I have my lines I don't cross, but most requests and orders are done without question. I sorta blame my upbringing on my passive nature since my parents were rather strict and militaristic (my Dad was a Sergeant in the army).

I used to hate myself for being so passive, but I don't really think about it anymore. And I've learned to assert myself more to save myself a load of grief when dealing with others. But there are certain people that I simply can't assert myself with and I fall into this rather shameful display of agreeableness that I only notice in hindsight. People are quick to pick up my nature though, and they tend to go a bit too far when teasing me about how passive I am.

septango

ᴓᴥᴓ
I get the discussion, but I fear that someone will come by and just run with it and get it locked. But to answer the question...

I'm a rather submissive person. Or passive is a better word. I don't take lead at all, even if I'm the most qualified to do so. I hang back and let others do what they want. And I do what they ask for some reason. I do it without realizing sometimes. I have my lines I don't cross, but most requests and orders are done without question. I sorta blame my upbringing on my passive nature since my parents were rather strict and militaristic (my Dad was a Sergeant in the army).

I used to hate myself for being so passive, but I don't really think about it anymore. And I've learned to assert myself more to save myself a load of grief when dealing with others. But there are certain people that I simply can't assert myself with and I fall into this rather shameful display of agreeableness that I only notice in hindsight. People are quick to pick up my nature though, and they tend to go a bit too far when teasing me about how passive I am.

whats with your posts being 100% relatable recently?

Dire Newt

Y'know it's like 2 sides of the coin with me. When I'm with friends I'm the loudest and most outspoken guy but any other time I'm extremely passive.

Last edited:

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I assumed that's what OP wanted so I replied accordingly. I just forgot those words. XD But yeah OP, dom/sub are pretty much always used for sexual situations. I personally assume them to be leader/in charge and follower.
I did too sort of but I'm tired so my immediate thought was whether I liked giving or receiving. It doesn't help how the OP is worded though.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Y'know it's like 2 sides of the coin with me. When I'm with friends I'm the loudest and most outspoken guy but any other time I'm extremely passive.

It changes for me as well.

At work I'm very passive, with my friends I'm assertive. And I'm a mix of both with my man.

I don't think anyone is really the same way all the time.

Distorted

whats with your posts being 100% relatable recently?

I have been on a roll lately, I guess. But seeing as how this forum is full of users in their early 20's trying to figure out life and people then I suppose I would've said something familiar here and there.