• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dominance or Submission: Which do you prefer?

Are you dominant or submissive?

• male dominant

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • female dominant

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • male submissive

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • female submissive

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • not sure/can't say

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Am I the only one here that isn't a lazy malesub? It's the sub's job to get the dom off, and they do whatever the dom wants them to. ('Course, maybe that's because I use master/pet more than just dom/sub.)

You won't find me whimpering like a little puppy.

Because of the gag?

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
Am I the only one here that isn't a lazy malesub? It's the sub's job to get the dom off, and they do whatever the dom wants them to. ('Course, maybe that's because I use master/pet more than just dom/sub.)
I'll be a pet.
I live to please, my good sir.

Because of the gag?
Oh god

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
People forget that the relationship is two way, as the sub is meant to serve the Dom and do whatever is required of them, the Dom is meant to protect the sub from anything threatening to harm him/her and give him/her instructions so that the sub knows how they are suppost to act.

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
People forget that the relationship is two way, as the sub is meant to serve the Dom and do whatever is required of them, the Dom is meant to protect the sub from anything threatening to harm him/her and give him/her instructions so that the sub knows how they are suppost to act.

Two ways with reasonable agreed upon boundary's. You can't expect a sub to serve the Dom in every way. You don't want to treat them that bad. Also, As a Dom you have to help your sub to learn and grow and to encourage them to do so. if your sub is unhappy then they will leave. Much as the Dom will find another sub or may have more than one to keep them happy.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
is it selfish that a sub doesn't want to share their dom?

Not necessarily. A dom might not want their sub to be dominated by anybody else as well. They might both be committed to one another exclusively.

...although given the ratio in the poll, unless this is a special case some subs will obviously have to share.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
It's called a romantic relationship.
Uh, I think it's called a monogamous relationship, and those details are something to be worked out before the relationship really starts.

I'd imagine some subs/doms are into the polyamory thing. All comes down to figuring out what the couple is comfortable with.

Death's_Companion

a dominant wants to have a third party involved with himself and his sub, but the sub is against it. And the dom keeps pushing the subject, and keeps calling his sub selfish. i believe he is being an idiot, but what do you think?

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
a dominant wants to have a third party involved with himself and his sub, but the sub is against it. And the dom keeps pushing the subject, and keeps calling his sub selfish. i believe he is being an idiot, but what do you think?
Since I know almost nothing about poly relationships and have no experience with them in the wild, it's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea and defend them.

So in this case, if one party is against the idea, then the idea should maybe be dropped.

The dom should respect the wishes of the sub in this scenario, and if the dom can't, then perhaps the relationship should be broken off.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
male sub here, always willing to please.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
This sounds like a personal problem that the two parties involved need to work out with each other honestly. Like we can give some general advice but to whomever it concerns (which I'm guessing is you), they need to talk it out with their partner.

Communication is key. Ask him why he thinks you're selfish and in turn either voice your concerns or your reasons for refusing and maybe even come up with a compromise. Like Conker said, the dom should respect the sub's wishes and not press the subject or guilt them into doing anything they don't want to, but sometimes flat out refusal and no explanation doesn't really resolve much.

Of course if he's being forceful and manipulative and won't even compromise about it then it's better to just not be with him.

...although given the ratio in the poll, unless this is a special case some subs will obviously have to share.
I..what? Are we having an orgy?

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

male sub here, always willing to please.

This sounds like a personal problem that the two parties involved need to work out with each other honestly. Like we can give some general advice but to whomever it concerns (which I'm guessing is you), they need to talk it out with their partner.

Communication is key. Ask him why he thinks you're selfish and in turn either voice your concerns or your reasons for refusing and maybe even come up with a compromise. Like Conker said, the dom should respect the sub's wishes and not press the subject or guilt them into doing anything they don't want to, but sometimes flat out refusal and no explanation doesn't really resolve much.

Of course if he's being forceful and manipulative and won't even compromise about it then it's better to just not be with him.

I..what? Are we having an orgy?

If we are I've got dibs on mentova.

http://forums.furaffinity.net/forums/48-The-Den

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Sorry, Gibby.

Anyway, I was wondering if the distribution of choices in the poll is related to the distribution of choices in the sexuality thread. Since so many users here break the expected norms for their gender perhaps this is why the stereotypical gender roles of males being dominant and females submissive do not hold true.

Schwimmwagen

Sorry, Gibby.

Anyway, I was wondering if the distribution of choices in the poll is related to the distribution of choices in the sexuality thread. Since so many users here break the expected norms for their gender perhaps this is why the stereotypical gender roles of males being dominant and females submissive do not hold true.

So it holds true that furries in general are misfits, even the sane ones.

Not in a bad way, mind you.

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
The true question is:
Are the Subs really what they say or are they fantasizing that I'm going to walk up and take them by the ear to the bedroom and
Hogtie them. Anyone serious best have their own gear. I don't buy it for you. And it's not cheap by any means.