• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Don't know if a “real“ furry or not

I think it's my new quote lol.
It does not have to be related to depression. I've had depression for 9 years but it does not stop me from calling myself a furry. It can stop you from taking initiative to spend time diving into the things you enjoy and have interest in but that is what we have anti depression medications for. It doesn't take away your depression but it sure makes it much easier to take some initiative.

Ringo the Wolf

A lone wolf.
upload_2019-7-10_13-57-37.png

You still don't understand.

I'm just finding out how to explain right now.

volkinaxe

i am now on https://www.anthrodex.com
Am I a furry like others when

• I kinda like the idea of anthro animals
  • I like the awesome community so far
  • I don't have such “feelings“ about anthro animals like many people in this community
  • I want to have a fursuit (I don't know why, I just love the idea)
  • Also want to be more unique as others in my area
  • I love the cutiness of the art
  • I love animals in a “normal“ way
  • I really get happy and a smile on my face, if someone do a suit-unboxing or seeing furry's have fun at cons etc.
Please don't come with, “If you want to be one, you are one“ I know I know, but I kinda feel, if, I don't know

What I'm trying to say is, that I already read a lot posts about why you become a furry. The point is, that nearly everyone started with loving characters of movies like robin hood or other anthro animals in, for example, Zootopia. I haven't a interesent in this direction ^^

-----------------
Sorry for my bad English, I'm Austrian, but I feel, I can get more help here 0w0
Thanks for taking time ^^

*Edit: First of all, thank you for your replies and I think I forgot one specific point. Tails. I can't really say why, but I love the imagination to have something extra on my body. That would be a tail ^^ strange, but here, I think it's not a weird thing. (Won't imagine the reactions if I would walk here with a cute, extra fluffy tail or something. xD)
your are furry I got into being furry be coz I like dragons

Beefchunk

The hell are you asking? Enjoy what you want. Don't give a fuck about what people say. Seek other's that enjoy the same stuff as you.

Niru the Husky

Can easily be persuaded with bacon...
The hell are you asking? Enjoy what you want. Don't give a fuck about what people say. Seek other's that enjoy the same stuff as you.

I know, I just want to know what others think ^^. I already have my final answer to my problem. At least now

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
Furry is not an identity. It is just an easier way to say Anthropomorphic Fandom.

And the fandom is just a hobby/intrest.

So it is no different to anybody saying...

Golfer
Football enthusiast (soccer)
Photographer
Painter
Cars Enthusiast
Motorcycles Enthusiast
Star Wars Enthusiast
Cricket Enthusiast
Dining Enthusiast
Movies Enthusiast
Climber
Walker
Sailer
Knitter
Twitcher
Comic Fan
Horse Rider
Horticulturist

All express an interest and or hobby.

Ringo the Wolf

A lone wolf.
I want this fandom to become a new race. Bored of being homosapiens.

Niru the Husky

Furry is not an identity. It is just an easier way to say Anthropomorphic Fandom.

And the fandom is just a hobby/intrest.

So it is no different to anybody saying...

Golfer
Football enthusiast (soccer)
Photographer
Painter
Cars Enthusiast
Motorcycles Enthusiast
Star Wars Enthusiast
Cricket Enthusiast
Dining Enthusiast
Movies Enthusiast
Climber
Walker
Sailer
Knitter
Twitcher
Comic Fan
Horse Rider
Horticulturist

All express an interest and or hobby.

Do I understand ? A painter for example, paints because it's fun and it's something what makes the daily routine less boring, but he must not be in love with paintings etc. For beiing a painter.

does that apply here too?

Niru the Husky

I want this fandom to become a new race. Bored of being homosapiens.

Yeah, beeing something else would open many other doors :/ I like to think how easy the life of a pet like a dog is. Nothing to learn, nothing to work, no problems etc. :0

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
A painter may well do what they do for the pure love of there hobby and interest. Or to pass the time, express them selves, to bring something to others that they may not usually see, preserve a moment in time... or any mixture of things that motivate them.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
Do I understand ? A painter for example, paints because it's fun and it's something what makes the daily routine less boring, but he must not be in love with paintings etc. For beiing a painter.

does that apply here too?

Yes! You’re getting the idea, fren.

You don’t have to be super in love with anything concerning your hobby. If it makes you happy, and it’s fun to see anthro animals, and you want to talk about them, you’re a furry!

To answer your question, yes, what you mentioned applies here, fren! Furries don’t have to be deeply involved with anthro animals- we just have to have an interest in them, in some shape or form.

@Water Draco ’s explanation is a great one, as well!

Bullslayer

If i recall correctly, the fandom originated to support anthro characters. Most are just artists and art conisures.... Normal people who live normal everyday lives.

The fursuits are both a type of artwork and a way of expression that allows the person to bring the character to life. I mean i dont have one but only cause i dont have the money to fabricate the parts for it. (Wolf with an iron man like suit).

For the most part i personally see the fandom as an art community. This notion that certian things make someone a furry....honestly.....id say its choice. Are you or arnt you? You can like the art and not be a furry, ignore the worlds lableling system cause its shit.