• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

DOOM. You guys excited for the new one?

Forsaken

The Forsaken Pony
So, not many people I know are into DOOM, but this right here was my childhood:

3413-doom1.jpg

I bring this up because, a few years ago, the 4th DOOM was announced, and in the new Wolfenstein game, you get an early access to beta for the new doom. Also, this reveal was put out not to long ago: Http://www.doom.com

Is anyone else looking forward to this game, or is it just me?

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
Finally!!

Hopefully it's available on Xbox One at least, because I don't want to get a PS4 and I doubt there would be a Wii U version of Doom 4.

Forsaken

The Forsaken Pony
Finally!!

Hopefully it's available on Xbox One at least, because I don't want to get a PS4 and I doubt there would be a Wii U version of Doom 4.
I only have a 360, so I hope they are nice enough to put it on their. If not, I am willing to pay $400 for a new console, just for this game. DOOM = My life o3o

Casual Cat

Woah woah what? a new doom? I really hope they do it right and add mapping/custom content tools. Half of the reason the original two were so awesome was the amazing mapping and modding community behind them.

By the way, if you haven't played Brutal Doom yet, you're seriously missing out.

Forsaken

The Forsaken Pony

Yeah, I have played Brutal Doom, but this Doom is in the HD universe, which is a remake of the original first two. So if you have ever played Doom 3, it will work off that. So I don't think there will be custom maps/tools.

Casual Cat

Aw, lame. I didn't much care for 3, I found the horror elements to be cheesy and not well executed. That doesnt mean I wont play the everloving crap out of anything id decides to release, however. I was just hoping for a return to the oldschool play mechanics/feel of my childhood.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.

Forsaken

The Forsaken Pony
You asked people if it was a scheme to get the fans to play Wolfenstein, I asked people here if they were excited for it, and showed a reveal trailer. Difference? It would seem that way.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
Woah woah what? a new doom? I really hope they do it right and add mapping/custom content tools. Half of the reason the original two were so awesome was the amazing mapping and modding community behind them.

By the way, if you haven't played Brutal Doom yet, you're seriously missing out.

Yes. *chainsaw revving* Yes I am. >:D

Forsaken

The Forsaken Pony
ID (Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Rage) and Bethesda (SKYRIM BRO) are my two favorite Companies when it comes to games (Right above Rockstar), and they both have been going ham on this game for a few years. Its gonna be good.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Rage was a raging pile of shit. It looked nice, but the gameplay and the story were awful.

Forsaken

The Forsaken Pony
Rage was a raging pile of shit. It looked nice, but the gameplay and the story were awful.
It was average, but all of the games leading up it make up for it more then enough.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
About goddamned time. I love the Doom games (my favorite is Doom 64). I've been praying for Doom 4 ever since Doom 3, but my hopes dropped when I read that it was in development hell. And now it's finally here! I very much liked Doom 3, and it's hard to say it wasn't a badass experience, as cheesy as it was. Every weapon was satisfying to use.

I have very high hopes for this game.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Now, they just need to remake Postal II and Carmageddon, and I'll be in Nostalgia Nirvana.

Forsaken

The Forsaken Pony

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Here's to hoping it won't be fucked up like so many modern remakes, with forced online, Facebook connectivity, DLC, DRM, and a morality system.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
You're an informed pony! Thanks.

Sounds like Postal III wasn't made by Running With Scissors, and was released primarily in Russia. RWS obviously needs to do their own version!

Oh, and agreed, Hakar. The quest to make games totally un-piratable has also rendered a number of them nigh-unplayable.

Forsaken

The Forsaken Pony

I agree, RWS knew how to make a game enjoyable beyond belief, and still top as the most controversial game for about a decade, which is another thing I liked about the game. Also, from a little research, I found out the Carmageddon game is already on Steam in Beta ^^

Schwimmwagen

I have low expectations because it's a popular FPS being made in 2014 with a big budget. Those always turn out to be okay at best.

Granus

Doom was my first FPS ever. I still love Doom and Doom 2 a lot, and I even still have them. Doom 3 was a let down, though, so I'm not expecting something amazing out of the new one. I do hope it actually turns out good, but you know, I'm just keeping my expectations low so I'm not too disappointed in the end.