• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Doppelgänger Dramas?

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
Meowies! OwO

Since this era we're currently at is an era of mass information, it's no surprise that we can see look-a-likes from somewhere to another. However....

Were there any experiences happening that involves YOU? And/or your sonas/OCs?

Since the art communities worldwide are aware of thefts and stuffs, there happens to be some crowd that are sensitive upon discovering look-a-likes. Have you been told/accused of imitation/theft on what's completely original yet happening to be similar/same? Or have you discovered them yourself?

Those actually intended characters to be look-a-like ain't counted here, but if you wanna, feel free to!

I'll start:
My nickname, as well as my sona, is Stray Cat Terry.
Cat, cuz I like cats and am very much linked to them. I tend to discover myself from cats, and get valid solutions from their infos.

Stray, cuz I suffered from much pains that most people around me consider them hard to believe--were majorly about dependance and friendship issues. That effectively 'proves' I'm a stray, and it's also easier for me to face consequences condisering myself having nowhere to rely on thus having to plan stuffs as if I can never get helps.
Now I like how things go as I planned, much less factors to squish my brain on.

Terry, cuz first of all, it's a unisex name(which means Terrence(m) or Theresa(f), sometimes Theodore(m) but that's more known as Theo/Teo). But the true initial cause was because I established that name when I thought myself 'terrible', and I was in a depressed era...
Sorry for all Terries in the universe, no offense, it's just for me. QwQ
Plus, 'Terry' sounds adorable, and especially in Korean. 테리(Terry) ends with ~ㅣ(~ee) sound and that's one of the, if not the most, used syllable in Korea to make cute sounds UwU♡

So, Stray Cat Terry, it is!

What happened? There's an anime show called 《Chii's Sweet Home》
The show features a street cat heroine(yes I thought she's a male until I Googled..) who were separated from her family and unfolds the story of a lone cat, which soon gets adopted by a human protagonist.
And somewhere in the later series, there happens to be a street cat called Terry. I've never seen Terry being featured myself, but the information somewhere around says that there is a male street cat called Terry in the show, and it even had his picture...

But thankfully, A) it was like at least a year later I established my nickname, B) the show itself isn't as well-known as any other animes(like, you can simply see some anime pics lurking besides when you search for other stuffs in the internet), and C) the Terry's appearance from the show ain't even close to my Terry.
Perhaps since that, I have heard from absolutely nobody that me and/or my sona is a look-a-like, and I expect none in the future as well.

Okie! I'm done! How's yours? OwO

Jackpot Raccuki

Although half canine, is not a wolf.
Only thing remotely close could be that one time a friend showed me art that had a grizzly bear that had near similar clothing and such, but apparently wasn’t my (at the time) sona.

Eh, I plan to “rework” him anyway and give him different and less generic clothing so he’s not a generic grizzly bear, as that’d reduce all possibilities of accidentals.

The_biscuits_532

Scary Ancient Wombat
There's a lynx named Parse owned by FA user Comrie that wears almost the exact same clothing as my main, Stephanie. The first art of him appeared within the same week of me drawing her for the first time too. However, Parse is male (femboy) and "bald" (as in, still fur but no humanlike hair). All art of him is NSFW so I won't post it here.

There's also a Lynx named Citra owned by SosyA142 that has similar facial markings to her. However, they are smaller. Her hair and fur is different too
1532986873.sosya142_ситра_приветствие_.jpg

(art and character by SosyA142. Obviously)

I haven't found any doppelgängers of Iza or Constantine yet.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
More coincidence than anything.

I used to larp fire emblem stuff with a girl when I was younger. Por and Radiant dawn. She liked bunnies and wanted to make a bunny laguz.

They actutally end up making a bunny race known as tagul(sp?) And she wore purple, which was her favorite color at the time. Later on the two characters Ayra and the bunny are released together in FEH. I sometimes wonder if I'm being stalked by Nintendo with how many coincidences I've already had with them. UuU

Otherwise it hasn't happened much. I don't watch much and my name isn't super common. My OCS are difficult enough to make since no real refs exist for them.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
I mean, I’ve occasionally perused the tags of my sona species every once in a while, but most of my characters are fairly obscure species, so the chances of finding a copycat are much slimmer for me, I’d think. Save for maybe Darby, who’s a deer. I also have dragon characters, but they’re all half dragons instead of full on anthro, too.

I’d like to think this kind of thing is rare period, but you never know.

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
I've had slight issues here and there, but the biggest one seems to come from my longtime sona, Monosuki.

See, the thing was, I had made Monosuki as a small blue cat/fox hybrid from the Andromeda Galaxy, and what I didn't know was that there was a series called Fairy Tail, and what I didn't see was that there was another small blue cat called Happy. What made me worried was that the two looked.....strikingly familiar, and the origins were close to one another.

*Mono was from a different galaxy.

*Happy is a different species called an Extalian.

*Monosuki is a species called an Aurian.

Already, they both sound far too similar, but what got me next was the design.

I made Monosuki to be small, blue, and originally have a while underbelly with cartoon eyes, the standard white and black. But when I looked at Happy, his design was literally the same, but he had a green two tone backpack, but even the pink ear detail with the lining inside were.....far too close to one another.

Back when I used to have Discord, someone said Monosuki looked like a Happy copycat, so I had to go and make some changes. Now Monosuki's current design features an all blue body, two black rectangular marks on both cheeks, and silver hair, to further tell the difference. Also, he had a red collar with a yellow ball in the center, and was given a MASSIVE tail to really tell him apart, as you can see.

This is Happy, and below is Mono.

IMG_20210407_094317.jpg

snakeside

snakey dood
I don't have the pic, but I once saw somebody who had a fox oc or something that had happened to have the exact same pattern as my snake sona... even though it isn't even the same species I get nervous imagining a possible scenario where at some point that person and I somehow collide and some big drama war goes down over how I "ripped off their design" lol

The_biscuits_532

Scary Ancient Wombat
I don't have the pic, but I once saw somebody who had a fox oc or something that had happened to have the exact same pattern as my snake sona... even though it isn't even the same species I get nervous imagining a possible scenario where at some point that person and I somehow collide and some big drama war goes down over how I "ripped off their design" lol
Yeah haha that was a slight concern for me with Conrie. Especially since Parse and Stephanie came into existence within a week of each other.

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
I've had slight issues here and there, but the biggest one seems to come from my longtime sona, Monosuki.

See, the thing was, I had made Monosuki as a small blue cat/fox hybrid from the Andromeda Galaxy, and what I didn't know was that there was a series called Fairy Tail, and what I didn't see was that there was another small blue cat called Happy. What made me worried was that the two looked.....strikingly familiar, and the origins were close to one another.

*Mono was from a different galaxy.

*Happy is a different species called an Extalian.

*Monosuki is a species called an Aurian.

Already, they both sound far too similar, but what got me next was the design.

I made Monosuki to be small, blue, and originally have a while underbelly with cartoon eyes, the standard white and black. But when I looked at Happy, his design was literally the same, but he had a green two tone backpack, but even the pink ear detail with the lining inside were.....far too close to one another.

Back when I used to have Discord, someone said Monosuki looked like a Happy copycat, so I had to go and make some changes. Now Monosuki's current design features an all blue body, two black rectangular marks on both cheeks, and silver hair, to further tell the difference. Also, he had a red collar with a yellow ball in the center, and was given a MASSIVE tail to really tell him apart, as you can see.

This is Happy, and below is Mono.

View attachment 106905

Oh dear Ollie... You really got a serious joke from coincidence there!

Having read yours,
and dear Snakeside, yours too, I got reminded of a character likely made by other artist somewhere, that had almost the same style with my sona in terms of looks...

They have plain while fur, is clean(fur is mostly featureless), and wears simple clothing in black(which exposes most parts of the body), and it seemed that the character was some sorta agent stuff(infiltrator?)--except that they were definitely not a cat. But the similarities were already enough to shock me XD

What I always worry about is not the encounter between two artists, but the probability that the opposing artist possibly feeling disturbed. Now that I think of the concept of my sona, it's... not really a cold-zone upon making character designs and setups, so I personally consider it possible to happen. But again... what if the others think in the other way? O~O

But hey, my sona have integrated gas filter neck piece mask! >w<

Last edited:

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
Oh dear Ollie... You really got a serious joke from coincidence there!

Having read yours,

and dear Snakeside, yours too, I got reminded of a character likely made by other artist somewhere, that had almost the same style with my sona in terms of looks...

They have plain while fur, is clean(fur is mostly featureless), and wears simple clothing in black(which exposes most parts of the body), and it seemed that the character was some sorta agent stuff(infiltrator?)--except that they were definitely not a cat. But the similarities were already enough to shock me XD

What I always worry about is not the encounter between two artists, but the probability that the opposing artist possibly feeling disturbed. Now that I think of the concept of my sona, it's... not really a cold-zone upon making character designs and setups, so I personally consider it possible to happen. But again... what if the others think in the other way? O~O

But hey, my sona have integrated gas filter neck piece mask! >w<
Yep, but thankfully, I steered clear of that before anyone else could call it out! Quick save, and happy about that too!

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
people think i stole a canon my little pony character because some other guy used my oc and claimed it was a character in the show.

where?

WHERE DOES THIS CHARACTER APPEAR IN THE DAMN SHOW?

i know there's a lot of material to look through but there are people who have LITERALLY documented EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER.

it would take you 10 minutes or less just to glance through the thumbnails.

stop hating before you even check if it's true SMH.