• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dose anyone know how to shrink a PDF file down to 10 Mbytes?

I ask this because the Furaffinity website only lets me upload a 10Mbytes to the website.

I have a dice choose your own adventure at I wrote where you only need 1 dice.
The only problem is that the file is 83 KB!

I tried Wiki how but that did not do nothing for me. Please if someone or somefurry knows how please tell me.

Mods/admins I do not mean this to be spam

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Just in case you meant 83MB, try to make sure your PDF isn't an image. PDF is notable for saving what looks like text as an image format, and images are HUGE.

If it's just text, try to save your document as an .RTF; if it includes text and images, try to save as a .DOC or .ODT. Those should reduce your filesize significantly, .RTF most of all.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
In Adobe Reader, try using the Save As Optimized option. Otherwise, there are sites online that will reduce the size of your PDF, just google PDF size reducer or something.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Just in case you meant 83MB, try to make sure your PDF isn't an image. PDF is notable for saving what looks like text as an image format, and images are HUGE.

If it's just text, try to save your document as an .RTF; if it includes text and images, try to save as a .DOC or .ODT. Those should reduce your filesize significantly, .RTF most of all.
i once downloaded an instruction booklet in PDF for a universal TV remote that was almost 50MB. i was still on dial-up at the time so it took forever to download. The damned thing was only 5 pages long! Every page was a stretched out JPG scan blown up to like 4 trillion DPi and resaved in some lossless format but you could still see the terrible JPG fuzz all over the place . Even the first blank all-white page was image and there wasn't anything on it but a spec of dust!!! The cover image was just a basic text and logo but the whole fuckin' thing was blown up so high it broke the page format.
Did i mention it was all in French? Biggest waste if disk space and time.