• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Downloading music on a Mac

DieselCub

Anyone else having issues using a Mac to download music from FA? I've tried using both Safari and FireFox and both failed. I think it's a plugin issue, but I don't know how to fix it :(

Folgrimeo

If the plugin doesn't work, then couldn't you just right-click on the Download link and save to disk?

Sanyi

Blood, Sex, and Chocolate
If the plugin doesn't work, then couldn't you just right-click on the Download link and save to disk?
But didn't you know that Mac mice only have ONE button?! You can't right-click!! zOMG!

When you say "plugin issue" are you talking about a plugin installed on your browser or an FA issue?
Usually just licking the "Download" button works if you can't stream it directly. I don't think FA was ever designed for use on a Mac.

Firehazard

I can fix it!
You should have the QuickTime plugin preinstalled. Are you talking about how trying to open the file directly takes you to a white screen with QuickTime controls in the middle? Because File -> Save As will do the trick at that point.

Dr. Durr

Misses The Point Frequently
But didn't you know that Mac mice only have ONE button?! You can't right-click!! zOMG!

When you say "plugin issue" are you talking about a plugin installed on your browser or an FA issue?
Usually just licking the "Download" button works if you can't stream it directly. I don't think FA was ever designed for use on a Mac.

Hold control on the "Download" link, and click it.
Then click Save Target As.

Folgrimeo

Is there a reason it took a month to answer with "this is how right-click on Mac works"? Of course Mac has a way to right-click, it's just somewhat cumbersome. Eventually the Mighty Mouse was brought out with a dedicated right-button. What does it do? It automates that Ctrl+click motion.

Dr. Durr

Misses The Point Frequently
Is there a reason it took a month to answer with "this is how right-click on Mac works"? Of course Mac has a way to right-click, it's just somewhat cumbersome. Eventually the Mighty Mouse was brought out with a dedicated right-button. What does it do? It automates that Ctrl+click motion.

Because people are so used to Windows mice having a right click.
Steam on Mac should have presented Apple with a problem.
You can't play Portal with one mouse button.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
Lay off the right-click jokes, people, you're talking about computers older than Windows ME, not anything commonly on the 'Net today. Apple's had right-click capability for nine major versions of its OS now; not even Windows has had right-click for that many versions.

Geek

Chico
Download this plug-in: http://perian.org/ and you can play any file formats you want on quicktime.

Want left click download ? use chrome for mac and all your downloaded files will be located at user/downloads

Last edited: