• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dragon Age: Origins

Skittle

Banned
Banned
Just bought this game since it was $10 off at work today. Anyone else here play it and what do ya think? I have it for PC.

Rytes

Click Here
nailed that swamp witch, she likes tough men/women

she has a thing for black elves

Sernion

I see the goal before me
Bought it in Steam when it was on 25% sale about a month ago.
The game is fun but I kinda expected something more for being a RPG game from Bioware. :3
Baldur's Gate 2 still holds the place of Best RPG of all times in my book.

Captain Spyro

Heart of the DragonStar
I just got to playing this game earlier today and I was as lost as hell. I've played other RPG games (FF, Phantasy Star, dot hack, etc) and never felt this lost. >_<

Maybe because I'm just not into hard-line RPGs, but I love good storylines. Maybe the 2nd time will be less intimidating.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Bought it in Steam when it was on 25% sale about a month ago.
The game is fun but I kinda expected something more for being a RPG game from Bioware. :3
Baldur's Gate 2 still holds the place of Best RPG of all times in my book.
Morrowind is better :V

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Anyone else having problems with it not saving? Or registering it was saving?

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Morrowind is better :V

Tie between Morrowind and Deus Ex for me. Sure Baldur's was good, Morrowind was perfection incarnate. But Deus Ex... was ahead of it's time in all regards.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Tie between Morrowind and Deus Ex for me. Sure Baldur's was good, Morrowind was perfection incarnate. But Deus Ex... was ahead of it's time in all regards.
Deux Ex was a RPG in a way but it was also an FPS its practically its own genre that everyone tries to rip off.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Deux Ex was a RPG in a way but it was also an FPS its practically its own genre that everyone tries to rip off.

I found Deus Ex had such a perfect balance of RPG and FPS, it was both. However I found the RPG elements were substationally better then the FPS.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
I found Deus Ex had such a perfect balance of RPG and FPS, it was both. However I found the RPG elements were substationally better then the FPS.
True but as a hybrid I'd call it one of its own, for pure RPGs Morrowind is my top but for al time games Deux Ex and Morrowind (and to a lesser extent fallout 3 amd FF 8) are my favorate games ever.

J

Jelly

Honestly.
I want to like it.
But its kind of boring.

The character building convos are great, the amount of options, the keeping with character, the whole "allies can turn on you" aspect to keeping everyone buddy buddy and as a means of enforcing totally ambiguous and changing morality. The side quests are bafflingly uninteresting, and the actual missions in the main quest are super boring, too. I never patched up, but the difficulty is all over the place from super easy boss fights to randomly difficult low level mobs to all kinds of crazy jumps and slurs in the difficulty curve. Archers are pretty much a big poop.

Morrigan and Alistair are pretty cool, I hate BONJOURCOMMENTCAVA'S voice actress.

I met Kate Mulgrew once.
She's such a fucking tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Anyone else having problems with it not saving? Or registering it was saving?

Am I the only one having this problem with saves disappearing or not?

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
The side quests are bafflingly uninteresting, and the actual missions in the main quest are super boring, too. I never patched up, but the difficulty is all over the place from super easy boss fights to randomly difficult low level mobs to all kinds of crazy jumps and slurs in the difficulty curve.

It sounds like Mass Effect now

J

Jelly

It sounds like Mass Effect now

With the exception of the battle system.
Yeah, its a lot like that.

Well, also, the characters are much more deeply defined and are linked pretty much in every conversation and event to effect how you deal with them.

Also, there are a few instances where if you do something they really can't stand they'll not only leave the party they'll try to kill you.

Another thing and I'm not sure if you can count it against it is that this game pretty much rips off all its material. Pretty much every part of the story is from something else and I don't mean "oh you can see a real influence," there are parts that are just ripped from movies directly and placed in front of you. But I mean, they were fun parts, so I'm not sure that I can hold a grudge about that.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Another thing and I'm not sure if you can count it against it is that this game pretty much rips off all its material. Pretty much every part of the story is from something else and I don't mean "oh you can see a real influence," there are parts that are just ripped from movies directly and placed in front of you. But I mean, they were fun parts, so I'm not sure that I can hold a grudge about that.

Well didn't Mass Effect do just that? I mean look at Noveria? Your going through a deserted research facility where they had scientists looking at Alien eggs and everything going batshit.

Last edited:
J

Jelly

Well didn't Mass Effect do just that? I mean look at Noveria? Your going through a deserted research facility where they had scientists looking at alien eggs and everything going batshit.

That was a little different than taking the ending of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, ghostly old guardian crusader and all.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
That was a little different than taking the ending of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, ghostly old guardian crusader and all.

Let me guess. He was ghostly pale, had an awesome white goatee, had a red cross on his armor and said "You have chosen... wisely"

J

Jelly

Let me guess. He was ghostly pale, had an awesome white goatee, had a red cross on his armor and said "You have chosen... wisely"

Yes to the first three. But I wouldn't know about the last one since I decided to ruin the Holy Grail so no one could enjoy it. But also the order that protects the grail trying to sabotage you throughout, the temple full of ridiculous traps, a group of EVILS that ask for your aid to blanket the Earth in misery using the grail, a faith-based and totally bullshit solution to a puzzle, and also the art design of virtually every part.

A

Azbulldog

I gave a good long night playing this, and it is a little difficult to get into. Mass Effect was the first thing it reminded me of. It was okay, but I couldn't say I was having a great deal of fun playing it. There are other RPGs out there that I would rather play though. I haven't felt the need to pick up this game again yet.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
I started playing and so far I like it. I like there is a drive to do things and find out to story and talk to people.

Winkuru

Been playing it about 15 hours and got dwarves and dalish as my allies by so far. So far the "options" that have been given to me by gameworld have been kinda bland and the combat can be booring at the times.

Tunnels in dwarven city especially felt tidious because the cavern kept going on and on but the funny part about that was that the game really made you feel like you were in desperate situation.

EDIT: Playing as mage by the way.

Barak

Local Hero
I find the game really interesting.

I'm not a gigantic fan of RPG,but this one suited me perfectly.

Playing with Mabari,Alistair and Morrigan

I have elven (Sorry,i don't know the english term in the game) Mage circle and Golefalois.

Playing a human Rogue,on normal(But going to easy some time >.>)

EinTheCorgi

Banned
Banned
just beat it yesterday it was good i liked it but mass effect was better and oblivion in my opinion was better than the two of them combined no one will never dethrone bethesda when it comes to RPGs

Barak

Local Hero
just beat it yesterday it was good i liked it but mass effect was better and oblivion in my opinion was better than the two of them combined no one will never dethrone bethesda when it comes to RPGs

I respect your opinion,But for me Bethesda are only destroying RPG

Oblivion a....RPG ?

Okay,you have level,stats and competetence

But you can be a total retard and beat the game on 100 difficulty >.<