• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dragonforce Like Or Dislike?

Dragonforce Like Or Dislike?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dislike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DavidN

RE: Dragonforce  Like Or Dislike?

To be fair, I'm very impressed that a band of their style has made such a comeback - with them and other bands like Sonata Arctica becoming more recognizable it's a great step forward for power/melodic metal in general (a genre that only a few years ago was swamped by three-chord nu-'metal' horrific noise). I could have named several bands in my collection that I would rather have seen rise to the forefront than Dragonforce, but I did like their first album a lot.

I really don't want to sound like I don't like something just because it's popular.

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
Spirit Wolf said:
Rhainor said:
Arsonos said:
Thought they were great, then after that, bleh. Thier music is good for just cruising, you cant actually listen to it and enjoy it you can kind of feel it, put it on low volume and use it as a kind of "helpless soundtrack".

Speak for yourself, bucko; I crank the stuff up and quite frequently sing along with it.

I'n here with Rhainor on this one. You guys can say all the negative you like, I love the concept of their music and the way it sounds, I'm always blasting it rediculously loud. Its like all music: some people like some things, others dont, but dont downgrade what someone likes because you dont.

Why would you call it downgrading? The same right to opinion that lets you say you love their music and you always have it blasting entitles Arsonos to say that they think it's bleh worthy. There is no downgrading, it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

There are some people in the world who enjoy playing Barbie Horse Adventures after all and think that Michael Bay is a good director.

sgolem

To be honest, I think they're pretty terrible.

Of course, that's not the fairest assessment considering I've only really heard Sonic Firestorm, but there's a lot of times when I think they could've done something a little different while retaining their sound, but they would just go back to the same damn thing.
I think of everything their drums bug me the most, since every song seems to be basically the same.

That said, I still fuckin love them. My favorites songs are probably Fury of the Storm (original, I know) and Fields of Despair. Dragon Force is just an incredibly fun band to listen to. Just don't drive while doing so, or you will go 20 over the speed limit, minimum.

...and according to Wikipedia, Inhuman Rampage has "...sold over 100,000 000,000,000 albums worldwide as of January 2007.":shock:

DavidN

Something tells me that may have been a subtle edit...

silverbackrider

Dragonforce?

PFAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

It's like, Magic the Gathering, THE BAND!

Dragonforce are good though when I saw them live there was a group called Sabaton as the intro band and Ed Guy were also there.
Ed Guy are very good to see live, they interract with the croud though Dragonforce didn't seem as good.
Sabaton the little not so well known Swedish group are awesome. They have 2 albums and all their songs (minus 2) are historically accurate reccounts of wars over the past century and they really get the blood pumping.
The other two songs are about Metal music and reference most of the greats in the lyrics alone, for example in "Metal Machine" the first line is: I have a phobia, a fear of the Dark, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, the Animal Talks.

And for those who like Dragons in songs, then listen to "Dragon Lies Bleeding" by Hammerfall cause it's a great song.
Oh and there's Rhapsody (now called Rhapsody of Fire) who's songs are Metal Operas and they have Christopher Lee in some of their songs, Unholy Warcry and Emerald Sword are teh win!

Esplender said:
Gamma Ray, that's where it's at.

I TOTALLY agree with that. I dislike DragonForce, just because it's one of those bands that just about everyone is into right about now, and I've heard their songs and it's just not my thing. I like power metal and speed metal, but not the major epic (really cheesy) metal or the kind that brings in full-blown orchestras on their tunes either.

Gamma Ray, Iron Maiden, Sex Machineguns, Galneryus, Jeremy..I could live off those bands =)

Itreyu

silverbackrider said:
Dragonforce?

PFAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

It's like, Magic the Gathering, THE BAND!

hahaha really

REALLY dislike dragonforce, SUPER high pitched vocals that sound more like whining? And people say Emo is nada but whining and crying.

They dont write their own music is funny as shit too lol, so in other words Herman isnt a guitar god, he just learns to play whatever their producers give them, learns it slow and gets faster at it.. simple. Steve Vai easily is the greatest guitar god ever.

Oh and he's backed up by a keyboard during his solos.. come on lol.

Its like the Avenged Sevenfold of power metal. I think the reason why people get so hyped up about them is because their music sounds like stuff out of a video game lol.

ZERO stage presence, when I saw them at the whiskey the crowd seemed afraid to pit around and crowd surf. People were wearing sandals too which was hilarious as shit.

OmegaGoji

Personally, I like them. The guitars and the energy on their albums are awesome.

Though, in the category of lyrical content, I prefer Rhapsody of Fire over them, but not by much :)

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!
there a pretty good band in my opinion. there song "Through Fire and Flames" was just simply a masterpiece, kickass guitar solo to

DavidN

I think my signature's now pretty appropriate here - they're not a bad band, but do explore more into the power metal genre as well.

And Rhapsody! I was only introduced to them a couple of months ago. Again, I like them musically, but they have a talent for coming up with embarrassingly terrible music videos.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
eh, Heavenly, Rhapsody, and Dragonforce, I still like Dragonforce better out of the three, they just sound better to me.

Emil

Roll Fizzlebeef
DavidN said:
I think my signature's now pretty appropriate here - they're not a bad band, but do explore more into the power metal genre as well.

And Rhapsody! I was only introduced to them a couple of months ago. Again, I like them musically, but they have a talent for coming up with embarrassingly terrible music videos.

This video demands a segment of Beavis and Butthead! :lol: Yeah, I like some of Dragonforce's stuff, but not everything. I'm still a fan though.

kitetsu

pissy esoteric
I personally would've liked DeeForce a lot more if the drummer knows more than just simultaneously banging his snares and bass drums faster than an MG42. Consistency is great, but there's so much of it in most of the songs it borders stagnancy.

I'm also a big fan ^-^ [have a T-Shirt!]
I really like their style in playing, for it's truly a mix of all that's good!

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
kitetsu said:
I personally would've liked DeeForce a lot more if the drummer knows more than just simultaneously banging his snares and bass drums faster than an MG42. Consistency is great, but there's so much of it in most of the songs it borders stagnancy.

I know exactly what you're getting at.

i like some of there stuff

supercutefurri58

=^_^=^_^=^_^=^_^=^_^=
i liked them for about a month two years ago, then valley of the damned is the only song that stayed

i like how the drums are recorded, very full

othrwise the singer's voice doesn't appeal to me, and the 3 minute solos don't add to the songs i find, i usually just skip skip skip. wah wah wing wah wah wong

kitetsu said:

How about if the music was something more varied than loads of major key wankery with "EPIC" lyrics?

They're good musicians and certainly not bad for a couple of listens but they don't seem special to me at all. They seem to haev completely cornered a cheese music market. Power to em, I just don't think it's very interesting.

Rhainor

Rawr.
MoonliteSymphony said:
They're good musicians and certainly not bad for a couple of listens but they don't seem special to me at all. They seem to haev completely cornered a cheese music market. Power to em, I just don't think it's very interesting.

The cheese must flow!