• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Draw a doodle RP, a new way of RPing?

Corrupt-Canine

A lot of the times I get bored of short sentences RPs or just RPs in general. So what about rather than using just words, we use drawn pictures (No dirty aka NSFW stuff). I wonder if there any other people who share that same idea. Any thoughts on this?

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
The idea sounds pretty damn cool, but the rp plot would take ages to progress (if he drawings are too detailed). And also, if there are any kind of last minute changes someone would have to start drawing again, and that may result slightly annoying.

Corrupt-Canine

The idea sounds pretty damn cool, but the rp plot would take ages to progress (if he drawings are too detailed). And also, if there are any kind of last minute changes someone would have to start drawing again, and that may result slightly annoying.
Good point. Maybe it'd work for a shorter RPs.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
Yeah. It probably would

Honestly i could do it but not
drawing (because i'm awful at it) but gmoding XD (making gmod screenshots like my profile pic)

Corrupt-Canine

Yeah. It probably would

Honestly i could do it but not
drawing (because i'm awful at it) but gmoding XD (making gmod screenshots like my profile pic)
Gmod? You mean that sanbox game used to make those extremely crazy SFM videos? Oh that would be something. XD Although one would need to know how to 3D model if you're going to make ragdolls.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
A lot of the times I get bored of short sentences RPs or just RPs in general. So what about rather than using just words, we use drawn pictures (No dirty aka NSFW stuff). I wonder if there any other people who share that same idea. Any thoughts on this?
This sounds really cool but there's so many things that could go wrong. Also I haven't really found a good way to take pictures of my stuff.

Corrupt-Canine

This sounds really cool but there's so many things that could go wrong. Also I haven't really found a good way to take pictures of my stuff.
It sucks that this idea can't really work. It'd probably be the only cool idea I had that I wanted to try out.

quwequwe

Hey! I was part of a forum called Artplay once, it was super fun! The place is closed right now though. But here is an example of one that lasted pretty long.
artplay.boards.net: Thunderstorm | ArtPlay

There were a lot of characters, some ended up leaving. Some new people joined. I mean, people are busy and life happens. It's hard enough to keep up with type-based RP you you can imagine ART-based RP. But still, it was super fun while it lasted.

Sometimes the art was nice and in full color, sometimes it was just rough sketches with mostly text.

I guess it depends on you. If you don't mind the story being really stretched out, it's not too bad! My friend and I got pretty far in a 1x1 RP:
artplay.boards.net: [one x one] Broken Chains | ArtPlay

Even if it took over a month to post, we would try to be understandable.

But anyway, I think there is a website dedicated to this very idea now! I will have to look for it again. The person who created the forum found it, actually. XD So I'll link it once I find it.

SO also. I'd be very interested in giving this a try with you, if we can find some agreement on what to RP. ^^ Let me know. :D

Corrupt-Canine

Hey! I was part of a forum called Artplay once, it was super fun! The place is closed right now though. But here is an example of one that lasted pretty long.
artplay.boards.net: Thunderstorm | ArtPlay

There were a lot of characters, some ended up leaving. Some new people joined. I mean, people are busy and life happens. It's hard enough to keep up with type-based RP you you can imagine ART-based RP. But still, it was super fun while it lasted.

Sometimes the art was nice and in full color, sometimes it was just rough sketches with mostly text.

I guess it depends on you. If you don't mind the story being really stretched out, it's not too bad! My friend and I got pretty far in a 1x1 RP:
artplay.boards.net: [one x one] Broken Chains | ArtPlay

Even if it took over a month to post, we would try to be understandable.

But anyway, I think there is a website dedicated to this very idea now! I will have to look for it again. The person who created the forum found it, actually. XD So I'll link it once I find it.

SO also. I'd be very interested in giving this a try with you, if we can find some agreement on what to RP. ^^ Let me know. :D
I never knew such a website existed, very cool.
Well depends, I'm into things like sci-fi, sci-fi-fantasy, adventure, and survival.