• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Draw the poster above you thread

izartist

King o' the bushy tails
Never thought that a thread I started up, or rather revived would be stickied. This makes meh happeh.

Fennex

Super boo, all your references have you being naked, so I improvised with a conveniently placed branch

I've always wondered, why are there two of this thread? There's one identical to it in Forum Games.
Partial answer, with bonus history lesson:
The original draw the person above you thread was started in the art exchange. After about a year the post limit was reached and a new thread was started. Another year later came the third thread, again in the art exchange.

That third thread was however quickly locked. At the time various no-effort-required forum games flooded the forum to the point that normal discussion was being drowned out and admins couldn't keep up with moderating the onslaught of posts. Admins decided to kill all forum games until a forum games forum could be created and sufficient administrative reinforcements could be found to moderate it. Denizens of the dtpay threads were not amused that their thread got locked and created numerous other dtpay threads in the art exchange, who were all promptly locked as well.

When forum games was finally opened a new dtpay thread was started there, but it couldn't stay on the first page for more than half an hour with all the counting games. Counting games were banned and the dtpay thread was pinned. Meanwhile attempts to restart the thread in art exchange were locked for being redundant.

Eventually Izartist succeeded in creating a thread in the art exchange that survived the admins scrutiny, this one. I have no idea what caused this shift in policy, that's probably for a mod or admin to answer.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Super boo, all your references have you being naked, so I improvised with a conveniently placed branch

Partial answer, with bonus history lesson:
The original draw the person above you thread was started in the art exchange. After about a year the post limit was reached and a new thread was started. Another year later came the third thread, again in the art exchange.

That third thread was however quickly locked. At the time various no-effort-required forum games flooded the forum to the point that normal discussion was being drowned out and admins couldn't keep up with moderating the onslaught of posts. Admins decided to kill all forum games until a forum games forum could be created and sufficient administrative reinforcements could be found to moderate it. Denizens of the dtpay threads were not amused that their thread got locked and created numerous other dtpay threads in the art exchange, who were all promptly locked as well.

When forum games was finally opened a new dtpay thread was started there, but it couldn't stay on the first page for more than half an hour with all the counting games. Counting games were banned and the dtpay thread was pinned. Meanwhile attempts to restart the thread in art exchange were locked for being redundant.

Eventually Izartist succeeded in creating a thread in the art exchange that survived the admins scrutiny, this one. I have no idea what caused this shift in policy, that's probably for a mod or admin to answer.
Lol at picture.

That actually makes sense, though wouldn't that mean the one in forum games would be locked for being redundant? I dunno.
It seems though that they've stabilized that whole situation.

super boo

Hahahahahahahahah.

I keep meaning to draw her with clothes!

Then I just ... don't. This is really hilarious, and absolutely wonderful. I keep laughing thinking about it. My poor 'sona really does need some clothes.

Love it. :)

Citrakayah

Rude Camera
Haha thanks for the art guys, appreciate it.

Fennex, what character would you like drawn?

Last edited:

Mayonnaise

Off we go to the sea
Here ya go radio viewer

Oh god... Mr Carcharodon would never do that. ;_;

Haha, thanks Wombie :D

Fennex

Hahahahahahahahah.

I keep meaning to draw her with clothes!

Then I just ... don't. This is really hilarious, and absolutely wonderful. I keep laughing thinking about it. My poor 'sona really does need some clothes.

Love it. :)
Woohoo! giving people a good chuckle always makes my day.

Fennex, what character would you like drawn?
Aargh! I promised last time I participated in this thread I'd have a reference ready, but now I don't have one. Give me a couple more hours. I'll have one ready by the time FA returns from it's scheduled downtime.

For Fennex
Deedia, that is amazing! It always surprises how much awesomeness people can produce with what little reference material I have available.

Meanwhile I'll be tackling Wombie as well.

[skip me]

Fennex

Citrakayah, here is my refsheet.

Deedia, could you perhaps submit that to FA proper as well. I'd love to +fav it

Wombie, no idea if you're feral or anthro so I just did both for good measure:

Citrakayah

Rude Camera
Scanner ate it for lunch but here ya go Citrakayah.
Gah! So amazing! Thank you thank you thank you!

Also, that's quite the character Fennex... Is it alright if I just draw one half? Don't know how well I could put together a cheetah and a dragon :D

Fennex

Also, that's quite the character Fennex... Is it alright if I just draw one half? Don't know how well I could put together a cheetah and a dragon :D

Sure, no problem.

Mikami-face, your character was far too cute, I had to offset that with a bit of a frown:

theM is finding this all very funny:

And a little followup for Superboo now that Yndi has found some clothes:

Wombie

Citrakayah, here is my refsheet.

Deedia, could you perhaps submit that to FA proper as well. I'd love to +fav it

Wombie, no idea if you're feral or anthro so I just did both for good measure:

oh my god thats fantastic =D I'm feral but anthro is awesome too :) <3

heres a real quick go at your very cool char. Sorry it's so quick and messy xD

Last edited:

Fennex

oh my god thats fantastic =D I'm feral but anthro is awesome too :) <3

heres a real quick go at your very cool char. Sorry it's so quick and messy xD

OmgOmgOmg OMG! This is so awesome And the expressions are wow! Quick, upload this to FA so I can fav it!

(skipidyskipskipskip)