• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Drawing anthros from the front.

IsabellaPrice

Dead Dead Deadski
I seem to have trouble drawing anthro faces from the front. Does anyone have an tips or tutorials on how to make it look right?

Dread Husky

Just another nobody...
Have you tried looking up pictures of the animal you're trying to draw to find a good front view of their face?

BlueVon

a few are possible with solving this; book references, photo references, seeing how other artists solve this problem, starting from basic shapes to pointing out landmarks to working up the details etc etc etc. the whole internet is filled with knowledge that can help you solve these and future problems you might have. there is one solution that you will like but there are endless possibilities that will give you the image that you so please.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Faces from the front are the easiest thing ever, actually. Draw your circle, put a nose in the middle, pop some eyes on there, and then give it that :3 face
boom done

Nyloc

Evil villain
Avoid drawing sharks - really they are an absolute nightmare to draw from the front, that's why my avatar is the way it is :) Really all I can say is try and find pictures of the animal you're basing it on, references references references!

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
Faces from the front are the easiest thing ever, actually. Draw your circle, put a nose in the middle, pop some eyes on there, and then give it that :3 face
boom done
Pretty much this.

The only reason the front is complicated is because you're over-thinking it. What will be your key features for the view? Nose, eyes, mouth (maybe) and the ears. As long as they're shown head-on (centered or balanced), the face will look head-on.