• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Drawing Tips? (Beginner Wanting advice)

_Rai_

A few months ago i started watching anime which inspired me to stop drawing things like cars and objects and start to draw anime and manga, but then i was watching a commentary about furrys so i searched them up and instantly loved them to bits! so i have a little idea on my fursona and i wanna start drawing it and making it come to life, and i guess my excuse for making a partial fursuit would be "Halloween" costume but i do have very open parents who go to raves and stuff so they would probably be fine with it anyways(This got very off topic)

Any tips would be very helpful so post whatever here

ZacAttackk

professional procrastinator
Thanks!! From trial and error i could say drawing heads is very hard for a beginner

It is hard to start, and even myself with a few years of experience still find getting the right proportions frustrating, and I often end up giving up or re-trying loads of times. An eraser is your best friend :p

_Rai_

its 3:45 AM and ive been up watching fursuiters on omegle

i also have school......HELP

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
A few months ago i started watching anime which inspired me to stop drawing things like cars and objects and start to draw anime and manga, but then i was watching a commentary about furrys so i searched them up and instantly loved them to bits! so i have a little idea on my fursona and i wanna start drawing it and making it come to life, and i guess my excuse for making a partial fursuit would be "Halloween" costume but i do have very open parents who go to raves and stuff so they would probably be fine with it anyways(This got very off topic)

Any tips would be very helpful so post whatever here
Well, the first thing you would need to do to start drawing character is getting basic shape drawing down first and then start figure drawing. I use the pose manics site for my figure drawing needs.

Suki262

Bun-Bun
My advice to you is that if you want your images to look more realistic and dynamic it would be best to draw from life. Study your anatomy, lights/shadows, and etc in order for the poses to look more lively. Whatever style you develop along the way will happen naturally. As for you not drawing vehicles and other objects as those are some tools that you might need in future pieces to place your characters in an environmental setting.

_Rai_

Well i was at school and had a little time on my hands(or paws, talons,etc)so i decided to search up a simplish image and use that to get a basic from of the head and Quite liked it,i do get what you guys are all saying and it is helpful Also what do you think about Grey,Baby blue, and white for my fursona? Thats what i colored my picture of Rai a little and i like it Example: http://orig01.deviantart.net/09eb/f/2016/040/4/0/4061801c8eb1b5901f04af49ee061d7f-d7hgenq.jpg