• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Dreaming is for the insane.

Can you lucid dream?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Yes (I am lying)

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • I do not dream, as I am a robot.

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

mystery_penguin

Redline Movie Fanatic
I never dream what I want.

I have been 100% conscious in a dream once, but I was too bewildered at that to do whatever I wanted...

FireFeathers

Mr. Red Flag
My dreams have gotten more and more lucid-like. I've had straight lucid dreams, one where everything was covered in about 3 inches of water, smoke, hazy waterfalls, shit like that. I chose to fly around for ages. Nowadays, I have dreams that I don't exactly control, but i will debunk mid-dream. I over-rationalize my dreams as I'm having them. So if there's a giant Popsicle in the middle of a town, in my dream i'll just be going "Oh bullshit, there's no factory around that'd make a Popsicle that big." Probably why I haven't had a nightmare in at least 7-8 years.

Then I generally just cause mischief, or I go along with whatever my brain's cooked up this time. So i'm aware, but I just don't put in the effort to make it full lucid. Lol.

mystery_penguin

Redline Movie Fanatic
My dreams have gotten more and more lucid-like. I've had straight lucid dreams, one where everything was covered in about 3 inches of water, smoke, hazy waterfalls, shit like that. I chose to fly around for ages. Nowadays, I have dreams that I don't exactly control, but i will debunk mid-dream. I over-rationalize my dreams as I'm having them. So if there's a giant Popsicle in the middle of a town, in my dream i'll just be going "Oh bullshit, there's no factory around that'd make a Popsicle that big." Probably why I haven't had a nightmare in at least 7-8 years.

Then I generally just cause mischief, or I go along with whatever my brain's cooked up this time. So i'm aware, but I just don't put in the effort to make it full lucid. Lol.
b-b-b-BUT THE PORSCHE!

Tetragnostica

Autodidactic Thaumatophile
My dreams are one of my favorite escapes. I often find myself having lucid dreams, which can be quite rewarding the majority of the time. Seeding one's dreams is also possible if you focus on the content for enough time before falling asleep. I have several plots that I like to revisit every now and then - though they can be far less predictable than I'd like.

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
i've had a few lucid ones, but now they are just like movies, which is disappointing, because it used to be fun screwing with telekinetic powers in lucid dreams.

Ariosto

Coincidentally, a friend of mine did not study for today's exam just for the sake of mastering lucid dreaming. o_O

I only did it once, and it did not last much either.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
I have them frequently now.
In recent years, it has become very hard for me to distinguish from dream and reality. And sometimes I am wrong with my judgements :V

For about a three days once, I woke up and went through all my morning activities. The moment anything above a certain decibel level sounded out, I woke up, and repeated everything. My parents didn't see it as unusual, since I can often be incoherent. It has gotten worse, though, in the past few months.

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
I have often been able to control some dreams i had. Well the one i remember, not sure about the ones i dont.
Some times i also felt like some actualy happened. Even if it was purely fantasy/fiction

KashakuTatsu

Ihanen Guide my Hand
Do enough trance-work and lucid dreaming will come naturally. It is a helpful technique in case of a dream that gets disturbing... Giant spider chases an arachnophobe, spider gets hit by napalm and no more horrorific spider dreams lol.

So, I guess my question here is: why didn't I dream about Caramelldansen with the Phoenix Wright cast like I wanted to?! U:<
If you really have something you want to dream about, concentrate on said subject until you fall asleep and you'll have a higher chance of dreaming about it.