• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Drinking & Drugs @ Anthrocon???

Matt Conner

lol, of course drugs and probably public intoxication in general are "not allowed" at any convention. You're just supposed to be smart and not get caught silly. I know I was messed up the entire time at FC '13, and I had me a grand ol' time. It wasn't all about the drugs though, I met some amazing people, got out of my comfort zone, and had some awesome new experiences. That was actually the first time I kissed a dude x3

PantherGus

I finally had my partial done. I couldn't make it in time for furpocalypse but I am stoked to see you guys at AC. Expecting a lot of hugs and waves. :3

Shaloxeroligon

Sound Sculptor
Hmm, Unless there's actual people I'd like to meet there, you guys make me feel like I'd never want to go to an Anthrocon thing ever in my life. Not only is going there in the first place something a bit out of my comfort zone, but being around high and drunk people make me beyond uncomfortable. o_O

Anthrocon is definitely a kid-friendly environment. Indeed, that is intentional on the part of the con staff. Con attendees are bound by the Anthrocon Standards of Conduct, and last I checked, the staff at AC is pretty strict about what they do and do not allow people to do in public. Anthrocon is supposed to be a safe place for people of all ages. And as far as I can tell, it has been. I've been there 3 years in a row, and I've never been accosted by drunks or harrassed or anything of the sort. I've had loads of fun every time I've gone, and I never touch a drop of alcohol while I'm there.

The only place where it ISN'T kid-friendly is in people's rooms, honestly. You actually have to LOOK for the bad stuff, so if you don't want to encounter it, you can avoid it.

If you're really curious about what Anthrocon is like, check out the Anthrocon forums. There you can talk to actual con staff.

Regarding the "keeping your head on" thing: generally, yes, you should keep your head on in public. It's considered bad form to take your head off, as it completely breaks character. However, if your health and safety are in jeopardy, then please ruin the magic. It's not worth getting hurt just to maintain your character.

Domino369

I've seen acid, mdma, weed, and the other assortment of things but realistically speaking...

Go to the ghetto's of the cities of the world. You see more drug use in Englewood, Chicago, most of Detroit, etc. It's suburban in seriousness, and sometimes not even. I can't tell you how many times there's been a coke or heroin bust in NAPERVILLE, IL with some of the best schools in the area. I still remember when a coke dealer was carried down my childhood block and we have mansions down the street.

Maybe it's a testament at life to learn to not deal with it? I don't know. I wouldn't worry about it because if you don't look for it, chances are you aren't going to find it. I live in NYC now and haven't done anything beyond alcohol because hey, I drink with my dad and can control myself at parties.

Snakebite

Raving Red Panda
I'll be attending AC but personally the thought of fursuiters on stuff like MDMA and alcohol (especially that combination) scares me. I've been on that stuff several times, and I know what it does to you. It's an awesome experience, but if you do it inside a suit... Welp, I can see myself literally running from suiters trying to hug me :V

This, of course, wouldn't be a problem if I myself would be on M xD, but yeah... I still have some sort of phobia of suiters I'm getting over, and I'm not quite ready yet to be hugged by overly friendly touchy-feely strangers in fursuits...

Some people tell me that stuff like that won't happen, but others haven't been so reassuring. I'm asking here, because I want to know if I should keep my big guard dog with me at all times, or if I can roam around alone from time to time just fine without stuff like that happening. TIA

Maugryph

Are the majority of people their sober? I heard most people are walking around fucked up in their fursuits and shit. Can I walk around with a styrofoam cup filled with drank? Would security give me shit if I was walking around, blood shot eyes, lookin like Mr. Meyagi? Or if I was sweatin' bullets rollin' off a doubled stacked Thizzle? :cool: Isn't anthrocon just like a huge party. Lol I'm planning on going next year with a few friends who are also gunna turn up with me. Just want to know what to expect.

Do you get fucked up at cons?

Someone is ready for a huge letdown

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
You're more than welcome to get yourself intoxicated just don't expect people to welcome you everywhere you go or look kindly on it.
But other than that, have fun just remember to take pics in case you can't remember the shame the next day.