• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Driving

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
I love driving my car. It's so cool to commandeer such an awesome machine that gets me around. I love driving throughout the countryside and desert, just for the trip. I like driving.

Every time I hit the road, it's a new adventure to me. You need to be alert and ready if you want to avoid getting in an accident, or dying. Seriously, car crashes can be quite gruesome, some people have been sliced in half and made into hamburger.

What I don't like while driving is other people. Seriously, they are either incredibly stupid drivers or they are absolute assholes. I hate the people who don't signal, cut me off, speed up when I try to pass them (I always make it anyway), and use other inconsiderate maneuvers, but the worst of them is the tailgaters. I despise tailgaters. If someone is being an ass to me, then I send some feedback. I usually flip off the punks (flipping off people is perfectly legal), and sometimes get some amusing reactions; sometimes they back down and other times it sends them into road rage. If someone is tailgating me, I like to hit the brakes really suddenly just to faze them. I haven't had anyone crazy enough to chase me yet thankfully.

One time, on a 2-way single road, I dodged an oncoming car that was coming fast and the driver wasn't even paying attention. Got a small scratch on my car, but the other driver buffed it out for me.

If I were to rate myself as a driver, I give myself a 10 out of 10. I get where I need to go in one piece. I signal, I don't cut off others, and I don't do other rude maneuvers on the road. I also actually obey the speed limit (most of the time). Sure, I do piss off other people, but only the ones who deserve it.

So now I ask you, what do you think of driving? Ever had any problems? What kind of drivers do you hate? And what do you rate yourself as a driver?

Zipline

Noodle Fish
I look for car crashes for the sole purpose of pulling them out of the wreckage so that I can take them home and use their body to make hamburgers. I actually have pulled a few people out after they crashed off the road a few feet away. Sadly, no hamburgers were given.

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
I look for car crashes for the sole purpose of pulling them out of the wreckage so that I can take them home and use their body to make hamburgers. I actually have pulled a few people out after they crashed off the road a few feet away. Sadly, no hamburgers were given.
Ooohh, hamburgers

Rhee

driving has hamburgers involved? I must be doing it wrong

Zipline

Noodle Fish
driving has hamburgers involved? I must be doing it wrong
What kind of sandwich do you drive?
DSC_40761.jpg
This is the most popular style of sandwich but some people prefer to drive a pattywagon.
Are you saying you drive a FrenchFlyer or a Drinkwagon. I hear those are more dangerous but what ever floats your boat.
car2.jpg

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
DSC_40761.jpg
This is the most popular style of sandwich but some people prefer to drive a pattywagon.
Are you saying you drive a FrenchFlyer or a Drinkwagon. I hear those are more dangerous but what ever floats your boat.
car2.jpg
Reminds me of the Krabby Patty Wagon in the Spongebob Movie.

simba86

so many crazy drivers!
I hate people that just turn across lanes into oncoming traffic and then expect everyone to not hit them.
biggest problem on the road is cellphones, so many times I have almost been hit head on by people crossing the center line because they are texting or talking on a stupid cellphone instead of paying attention to the road

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
That sucks for you. Not a lot of other ways to get around right now.
Eh, it's whatever. I should clarify that I don't mind driving. It's that other drivers give me anxiety. That's why it sucks.
I deal, though. Planning on moving someplace with more public transportation.

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
so many crazy drivers!
I hate people that just turn across lanes into oncoming traffic and then expect everyone to not hit them.
biggest problem on the road is cellphones, so many times I have almost been hit head on by people crossing the center line because they are texting or talking on a stupid cellphone instead of paying attention to the road
Yeah, I hate those kind of scum. Had a near miss once that way with a guy that didn't even yield before making that turn.

I absolutely despise those kind of people on the phone while driving. I try to get as far away from them as I can. They are so selfish.

Crestego

I used to loooove going on long car-trips... even though I don't know how to drive. :'D To be honest, i've gotten some pretty heavy anxiety with being in a car, after being in a few accidents and just altitude change in general. Doesn't help that I live in California right now, the shit that you see is crazy.

Story time I guess. My husband and I were driving back from Washington State after seeing my family (going through the Rockies was NOT fun, that's how we nearly lost our lives almost running into a Semi. Luckily the bubby was smart enough to avoid it... though we did have to crash into a fence in the process). We were driving through LA to get to San Diego (near where we live), and we had to be extremely careful; it was late at night and California drivers are bat-shit insane. They speed, constantly cut people off.... at night it's double the danger. We were nearly through LA when we drove by a HUGE car crash... like, it was a 6 car pile-up at the least. The Bubby even saw a body right as we were driving by... we were on the other side of the road, so we didn't get the traffic. The other side? Backed up for at least 8 minutes of us driving by.

HUGE reason why I miss my old State... sure, Seattle's not the cream of the crop either, but I don't live in Seattle anyway. :^)

Maximus B. Panda

The Red Menace
I used to loooove going on long car-trips... even though I don't know how to drive. :'D To be honest, i've gotten some pretty heavy anxiety with being in a car, after being in a few accidents and just altitude change in general. Doesn't help that I live in California right now, the shit that you see is crazy.

Story time I guess. My husband and I were driving back from Washington State after seeing my family (going through the Rockies was NOT fun, that's how we nearly lost our lives almost running into a Semi. Luckily the bubby was smart enough to avoid it... though we did have to crash into a fence in the process). We were driving through LA to get to San Diego (near where we live), and we had to be extremely careful; it was late at night and California drivers are bat-shit insane. They speed, constantly cut people off.... at night it's double the danger. We were nearly through LA when we drove by a HUGE car crash... like, it was a 6 car pile-up at the least. The Bubby even saw a body right as we were driving by... we were on the other side of the road, so we didn't get the traffic. The other side? Backed up for at least 8 minutes of us driving by.

HUGE reason why I miss my old State... sure, Seattle's not the cream of the crop either, but I don't live in Seattle anyway. :^)
Almost running into a semi? Holy hell, well at least you didn't get flattened.

Yeah, Californian drivers are frikin maniacs. Got to always be prepared to make a quick move to avoid an a-hole.

BayouBaby

Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books
When you aren't allowed to drive for two years you realize just how essential it is. I like it, but driving around other aggressive people stresses me out. I almost never use my horn, but some people abuse the hell out of theirs!

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
OP sounds like someone who was freshly given a license to drive. Not necessarily a bad thing.
People argue that these young people are the most prone to accidents but for fucks sake I swear it's the 30-50 age group that drives the most haphazardly.
Basically touching bumpers, not giving a fuck about turn signals and just thinking they're privileged to cut into anywhere only comes with age and the overflow of confidence.

Rhee

DSC_40761.jpg
car2.jpg
Ah no I actually drive a giant weenie; that's why i was confused