• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Duke Nukem Forever

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
so, its almost here. huh, it feels weird to say it... "duke nukem forever will be out in a week!"
its kinda sad that it will be over soon. but on the other hand i never thought id still be alive the day it actually gets released^^

anywho, on a more serious note:
i played the demo today. and its just as generic as any other mediocre shooter out there... the whole demo felt like they tried too hard to make the game awesome.
in the first part you are circle strafing a boss to death and in the second part of the demo you have a short driving sequence (with horrible handling by the way) followed by a pretty poorly designed level. borderlands this isnt!

so yeah, based on my experience with the demo (which is supposed to make you buy the game :p) i wont buy it. like i said, it just feels like they tried too hard...

what about you guys? did you like the demo? will you buy it?

T

Tewin Follow

I thinks it's probably better never released, because it can never live up to people's nostaligia dreams.

T

Tewin Follow

Unfortunately, this is very true. The new Goldeneye for the Wii was great, but it wasn't Goldeneye 64.

Nothing's Goldeneye 64, because Goldeneye 64 was amazing. Fuck you, Oddjob. YOUR HEIGHT ISN'T FAIR.

L

LizardKing

Gonna go ahead and quote my previous post on the matter

Just finished playing the demo...

FUCKING "HIDE BEHIND COVER LIKE A PANSY TO RECOVER YOUR HEALTH" BULLSHIT I HATE YOU, WHY ARE YOU IN EVERY GAME

Duke should be about running around blasting a shit-ton of enemies without a care in the world because he's fucking Duke Nukem, not engaging 1 or 2 at a time and then hiding behind a box and sucking his thumb until he feels better. A single pig-cop should not be able to rape me in seconds because I wasn't behind cover. Goddamnit. They could at least make the combat not feel like I'm performing a drive-by shooting on the back of a drunken donkey.

L

LizardKing

Also he can only seem to carry two weapons at a time, even if one of them is a little Colt 1911, so it turns into a boring juggling act.

TWO?! TWO FUCKING WEAPONS?!

FUUUUUUUUCK OOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF

moriko

Already pre-ordered it after meeting a couple of the developers. Will let you know how it is!

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
Never bet on Gearbox. :V

Folgrimeo

The upcoming Serious Sam game doesn't have regenerating health, and you can probably carry all the weapons in the world.

I was under the impression that Duke Nukem Forever would be a return to shooters that don't take themselves seriously, more about having fun than following the same boring mold we've been getting (no I don't WANT another World War II shooter... or war shooter... or real-is-brown shooter). In that regard I could appreciate it. But I didn't care for the old Duke Nukem and I died on the second level on easiest difficulty, so... it's not for me.

Also, for clarification, it's releasing June 10 (next week) for Europe and Australia and Japan. It's releasing June 14 (week and a half) for America.

Xenke

Guys, you're missing the point.

It doesn't matter if it's crap, it's one of the most over-hyped thing in the history of forever. It will sell, well at that.

I'm pretty sure that the developers knew this, and that is why this game is doomed to be horrible.

CannotWait

The number of games in today's gaming industry that can actually call themselves good games (not just bestselling corporate crap) is ever dwindling.

Xenke

The number of games in today's gaming industry that can actually call themselves good games (not just bestselling corporate crap) is ever dwindling.

Come now, I always manage to find something new and good to play wen I'm bored, you're just not looking properly.

Schwimmwagen

Gonna give the demo a shot (you need a key that you get from the GOTY edition of Borderlands and entering it into the Duke Nukem early access club site).

I'll let you know what I think of it.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
It'll be a better game than Call of Duty, which immediately puts it into playable territory. As for whether or not it'll be good, that's for the fates to decide.

Schwimmwagen

Alright, from what I can see from the demo...

Lets just say that instead of using 12 years to make what could have been a very, very complex game, it's nothing other than a visuals-driven piece of rubbish that we're already growing tired of. There's nothing driving it but childish humour that makes me groan and 12 year's worth of pointless animation and pointless interactivity from "LMB to piss", "E to insert nozzle", "LMB to pull lever to be taken on a rollercoaster ride with pretty animations in it, only to get dumped out on the other end and have another animation and a bit of Duke's voice to complement it." It lacks real gameplay. It's another COD-esque shooter and the only thing driving it is what the Duke has to do/say which isn't in your own control, AKA a rollercoaster ride of quick-time events that you'll be too damn bored to enjoy due to the lack of actual gameplay. This is not, and I mean it, NOT worth the £40 (probably $70 for american folk).

This is the only part I actually enjoyed somewhat out of what I played.

Last edited:

Kesteh

Twenty
The whiteboard was probably the best part of the demo. So many possibilities.

Everything else... I felt like I was playing a certain game that was already released several times. You know...the one that got progressively worse and catered toward hormone raging kids. That one.

I'm tired of games that make you duck for cover like a bitch just because you were shot twice. ON EASY.
Deus Ex better not fail me. Now where was that leak released...

Last edited:

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
If it's anything at all like Legendary
I'll be buyin' it
unless I rent it and unlock everything that week

moriko

Well considering the IP for the game has passed so many hands, in those 12 years, it's like having a different company start from scratch each time. And if you have issues with pointless childish humor, pissing, and extra pointless animations, then Duke Nukem was never for you in the first place lol. One thing I remember from the older games I played was just how random, immature and raw it was. I'll play the demo early next week since I have the key for it, just didn't realize what to do with it.

Kesteh

Twenty
Well considering the IP for the game has passed so many hands, in those 12 years, it's like having a different company start from scratch each time. And if you have issues with pointless childish humor, pissing, and extra pointless animations, then Duke Nukem was never for you in the first place lol. One thing I remember from the older games I played was just how random, immature and raw it was. I'll play the demo early next week since I have the key for it, just didn't realize what to do with it.

But at least the older duke games were challenging and fun.