• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

dumb, crazy and funny state laws.

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
(i was not sure if this would go in forum games or in off topic, sorry if i put it in the wrong place.)

as the title says, post any state law that is ether stupid, crazy or funny.

Dumb Laws in Indiana

Waitresses may not carry drinks into a restaurant or bar.
Full text of the law.

Hotel sheets must be exactly 99 inches long and 81 inches wide.

If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.

Anyone 14 or older who profanely curses, damns or swears by the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, shall be fined one to three dollars for each offense, with a maximum fine of ten dollars per day.

A three dollar fine per pack will be imposed on anyone playing cards in Indiana under the Act for the Prevention of Gaming.

The value of Pi is 3.
Full text of the law.

It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
Full text of the law.

One may not sniff glue.
Full text of the law.

A person must get a referral from a licensed physician if he or she wishes to see a hypnotist unless the desired procedure is to quit smoking or lose weight.
Full text of the law.

Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.

It is illegal to sell cars on Sunday.

Oral sex is illegal.

A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.

It is against the law to pass a horse on the street.

It is illegal for a liquor store to sell cold soft drinks.
Full text of the law.

Liquor stores may not sell milk.
Full text of the law.

Grocery stores may not sell any type of cold liquor.
You can get out of paying for a dependent’s medical care by praying for him/her.
Full text of the law.

One man may not back into a parking spot becasue it prevents police officers from seeing the license plate.

Smoking in the state legislature building is banned, except when the legislature is in session.

Last edited:

SuperFurryBonzai

is that really necessary?
I don't know the state but it is illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket

heard it on a Snapple cap -_-

Irreverent

You cannot release ten or more hellium-filled balloons in any City of Toronto park within a 24 hour period.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
From Tennessee...

It is illegal to dare a child to purchase a beer.

It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.

Giving and receiving oral sex is still prohibited by law.

No Christian parent may require their children to pick up trash from the highway on Easter day.

Driving is not to be done while asleep.

It's illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM.

It is illegal to give any pie to fellow diners. It is also illegal to take unfinished pie home. All pie must be eaten on the premises.

Panhandlers must first obtain a $10 permit before begging on the streets of downtown Memphis.

Wow. Makes me smile, only because I'm leavin.

HumanLombax

Now known As Orgee The Lombax
It's illegal to plow a field with an Elephant. (I forget the state)

Ren-Raku

(insert witty remark here)
In England, it's now illegal to change your wheel on a motorway...so you have to wait for a bloody traffic womble to come along and do it for you!

Kangamutt

CALIFORNIA:
-No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
-Women may not drive in a house coat.
-It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
-Arcadia: Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways.
-Baldwin Park: Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool. (sweet. I live like 10 min away from Baldwin Park. gonna break this law tonight!)
-Belvedere: City Council order reads: "No dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash."
-Blythe: You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
-Carmel: Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk. (Repealed when Clint Eastwood was mayor)
-Chico: Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine. (LOLOLOL)
-Long Beach: It is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course.
Cars are the only item allowed in a garage.
-Los Angeles
Toads may not be licked.
You may not hunt moths under a street light.
It is a crime for dogs to mate within 500 yards of a church. Breaking this law is punishable by a fine of $500 and/or six months in prison.
You cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
Zoot suits are prohibited.
It is illegal to cry on the witness stand.
It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent.
-Pasadena: It is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss.
-San Francisco
Persons classified as "ugly" may not walk down any street.
Prohibits elephants from strolling down Market Street unless they are on a leash.
It is illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner.
It is illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Oh yeah?

Canada law, everywhere:
-Businesses must provide rails for tying up horses.
-Wooden logs may not be painted.
-You may never use dice to play craps.
-If you are released from prison, it is required that you are given a handgun with bullets and a horse, so you can ride out of town.
-When raining, a person may not water his/her lawn.
-Margarine producers can’t make their margarine yellow.
-The color of house and garage doors is regulated by city bylaws (a purple door get you a fine).
-It’s illegal to climb trees.
-If you have a water trough in your front yard it must be filled by 5:00 a.

Azure

Dude, you can't play craps w/o dice. WTF Canada?

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Somewhere in America it's illegal to tether your elephant to a fire hydrant without a parking ticket.
Can't remember where.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
In America, it is illegal for Jewish elephants to have sexual intercourse with nuns.

L

LizardKing

In Texas, it is illegal to marry anyone you are not related to unless it's a horse or over 40 years of age.

Kangamutt

An additional statewide law in CA:
Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.

Officer, arrest these rainclouds!

Corto

I don't really find the laws funny per se, but imagining the situation which made it a necessity to create the laws is what brings a smile to my face. I can clearly picture the economy of Tennessee crumbling because people gathered to share pies in dinners, or a man in San Francisco who bought hundred of elephants and had them walking at their leisure in the Market Street.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
I don't really find the laws funny per se, but imagining the situation which made it a necessity to create the laws is what brings a smile to my face. I can clearly picture the economy of Tennessee crumbling because people gathered to share pies in dinners, or a man in San Francisco who bought hundred of elephants and had them walking at their leisure in the Market Street.

That is why most people find them funny I would have thought...

Azure

Funny story, I tried to share some pie with my homeboy while we were at Waffle house one day, and they wouldn't let us. Makes you wonder who the hell tried to catch a fish with a lasso. I don't even see how that works out. Explosives, projectile weapons, nets, poles, lures, all of that I know, but a lasso? I'll bet he was drunk. Scratch that, I KNOW he was drunk.