• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

duunnn dunnn... duuuunnnn duun...

gamermaid

Lady Shark doo doo doo doo doo doo
duuunnnnnnnn dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn

giphy.gif

Hi there! :D

I'm new to the forums, been on the art site for a minute, and thought I best drop in a quick intro. I'm gamermaid and my main is a tiger shark named Novi (here's hoping that you're a bit more shark friendly than the people of Amity Island. That poor tiger shark was framed. Framed, I tell you!).

In general I'm a huge dork, but if you want to know something more specific just ask! I won't bite... much. :D

Other than that, I'm excited to start exploring this place more and hopefully making a bunch of new friends. Fingers crossed!

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Hello and welcome.:)

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Now judging by the line in your signature (Yes everything needs more dakka) I am going to assume you like Warhammer 40k (but that is only an assumption.)

gamermaid

Hello and welcome.:)

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Now judging by the line in your signature (Yes everything needs more dakka) I am going to assume you like Warhammer 40k (but that is only an assumption.)
Your assumption would be correct. :) I'm a big fan of the roleplaying games and the Ciaphas Cain books. Haven't yet delved into any of the video games but they're on my list.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Ok I have to ask, Which armies do you play?

You like the Cain books too! I love those books:D, a few years ago I made Cain and Jurgan for my Imperial Guard army (I'm working on an updated Cain model at the moment). I’ve played a few of the video games mostly the older ones because the PC is due an upgrade, I can recommend the first 'Dawn of War’ game and the 'Dark Crusade’ expansion, but I wouldn’t bother with 'Soulstorm’ unless it is included in the bundle with the other two or you have a burning need to see first hand the game that spawned 99% of the 40k memes.

gamermaid

Ok I have to ask, Which armies do you play?

You like the Cain books too! I love those books:D, a few years ago I made Cain and Jurgan for my Imperial Guard army (I'm working on an updated Cain model at the moment). I’ve played a few of the video games mostly the older ones because the PC is due an upgrade, I can recommend the first 'Dawn of War’ game and the 'Dark Crusade’ expansion, but I wouldn’t bother with 'Soulstorm’ unless it is included in the bundle with the other two or you have a burning need to see first hand the game that spawned 99% of the 40k memes.
That's awesome. The Cain books are some of my favorite reads. I think I have all of them... somewhere. Misplacing books is a real problem for me. :)

I'll keep that in mind. I heard mixed things about the video games which is why I haven't gotten into them yet. When your "to play" list is as long as mine, it's easy to put something on the back burner and just kind of leave it there if the hype isn't strong. Maybe when I get my new computer I'll buy them on Steam.

If I played the miniature game, I would totally command an army of badass battle nuns. I will forever stan the Adepta Soroitas. And maybe the Dark Eldar if I'm feeling evil. But what I meant was the pen and paper roleplaying games like Dark Heresy, Black Crusade, Rogue Trader, Only War, Death Watch, etc. I am but a poor college student who can only afford dice and pencils, not an army. Haha. I'd still like to try the miniatures game at some point, though.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
If I played the miniature game, I would totally command an army of badass battle nuns. I will forever stan the Adepta Soroitas. And maybe the Dark Eldar if I'm feeling evil. But what I meant was the pen and paper roleplaying games like Dark Heresy, Black Crusade, Rogue Trader, Only War, Death Watch, etc. I am but a poor college student who can only afford dice and pencils, not an army. Haha. I'd still like to try the miniatures game at some point, though.

I would recommend it, you get strange things happen in the game, like your high end boss dies to a well thrown rock but one normal trooper runs around tanking everything fired at him.:)
It’s funny but I haven’t played any of the Pen and paper games, I think it is because the store I go to tends to push the miniatures side of things so there isn’t anyone there who plays the other games.
Battle Sisters hmm, that has been my one luxury purchase this year, I heard they were finally getting an upgrade next year but I like the existing models so I decided to build up a force. That’s actually one of the only armies I've paid retail for, most of my stuff is second hand from the kids who come in, buy a load of Space Marine kits, play a few games, then decide Marines aren't overpowered enough and go buy Tau or something, then they sell the whole Marine army to me (because I’m usually in and play marines) for about £20.:D

gamermaid

I would recommend it, you get strange things happen in the game, like your high end boss dies to a well thrown rock but one normal trooper runs around tanking everything fired at him.:)
It’s funny but I haven’t played any of the Pen and paper games, I think it is because the store I go to tends to push the miniatures side of things so there isn’t anyone there who plays the other games.
Battle Sisters hmm, that has been my one luxury purchase this year, I heard they were finally getting an upgrade next year but I like the existing models so I decided to build up a force. That’s actually one of the only armies I've paid retail for, most of my stuff is second hand from the kids who come in, buy a load of Space Marine kits, play a few games, then decide Marines aren't overpowered enough and go buy Tau or something, then they sell the whole Marine army to me (because I’m usually in and play marines) for about £20.:D
I had the exact opposite experience. Everyone I know is into the pen and paper games, but not miniatures. Haha. It makes sense that game stores would push them. Why do pen and paper that requires one, maybe two purchases, when you could buy a whole army worth of miniatures and supplies? That's just good business. It's great that you're able to get them on the cheap. I can only imagine the fortunes some people have put into this.
The Sororitas are just so badass, boob armor and all. What I really want is a chapter of lady space marines, but since that is genetically impossible in the cannon, I'm happy with my little sisters of battle. And their backstory is pretty darn interesting when you get into it.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
The Sororitas are just so badass, boob armor and all. What I really want is a chapter of lady space marines, but since that is genetically impossible in the cannon, I'm happy with my little sisters of battle. And their backstory is pretty darn interesting when you get into it.

Oh, their backstory is fantastic, particularly some of the earlier stuff (I was lucky enough to find a few old copies of ‘white dwarf’ in a charity shop and one of them was the one where the Sisters were introduced). Out of interest which order would your sisters be? Mine are the Order of the Bloody Rose.

gamermaid

Oh, their backstory is fantastic, particularly some of the earlier stuff (I was lucky enough to find a few old copies of ‘white dwarf’ in a charity shop and one of them was the one where the Sisters were introduced). Out of interest which order would your sisters be? Mine are the Order of the Bloody Rose.
Lucky!!
Hmmm... probably Our Martyred Lady. St. Katherine was a boss and I would happily pretend to be a host of battle nuns willing to die for her and the God Emperor.

RearmedDreamer

Perpetual Dreamer
Greeterlings! Since you like Warhammer 40k (assuming you haven’t already discovered it yourself) check out “If the Emperor had a text-to-speech device” on YouTube. :3

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
You always need more dakka.

Welcome to the forum, love.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

gamermaid

Welcome! Hope you’ve enjoyed your time here :)

So far so good.
I like your antlers. Very festive. hehe.
Thanks, they’re the pride of my species after all :p
Did the cheat on Mario oddesy work out btw?

I've been at my sister's house for thanksgiving, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Soon...
Hopefully it will work! It would be a bummer if it was patched

Eh. It's not the end of the world if I can't glitch my way to victory.
It would still be nice to! :p
Hope you had a good thanksgivings though!

I did. I think my niece got me sick, but otherwise it was a blast.
Hope yours was good too!
It was, thanks!
- the relatives screaming kids, but that’s to expect with family reunions :p