• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

E3 2011 Megathread

Alstor

And twice as shiny
Well, it's the beginning of June, so that means the biggest gaming conference is occuring right about now. I'll just use this thread to keep track of all the news.

PRESS CONFERENCES

EARLY SPECULATION/ANNOUNCEMENTS

KONAMI PRESS CONFERENCE

MICROSOFT PRESS CONFERENCE

• http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/E3
  • Modern Warfare 3 gameplay in flooded underground NYC, Russian sub, and Hudson; new American characters named Cross and Sandman (NPC) announced; DLC will come on Xbox Live first
  • Tomb Raider gameplay; captured and taken to mysterious island, where she has to use survival instincts to survive; QTEs shown; uses survival instincts to highlight what she needs to use in the world (i.e. Mirror's Edge and runner's vision); Lara much more vulnerable; launch in Fall 2012
  • All EA Sports games will have Kinect compatibility in 2012
  • Mass Effect 3 will have Kinect voice comaplitiblity; gameplay shows voice dialogue decisions through Kinect and voice commands
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Solider trailer shown; Kinect voice compatible; extensive gun customization mode with 20 million different combinations
  • All Tom Clancy games from now on will have Kinect compatibility
  • Xbox Home announced (Kinect)
  • Youtube coming to Xbox Live
  • Bing on Xbox Live announced (Kinect)
  • Live TV for Xbox Live announced; US and global stations will be included
  • UFC programming for Xbox Live announced
  • New Gears of War trailer; Leviathan battle gameplay; Ice T plays along for some reason; Body Count will do a special song for Horde mode
  • Ryse trailer (Kinect)
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary announced; fully enhanced campaign and multiplayer maps; co-op over Xbox Live; coming November 15
  • Forza Motorsport 4 announced; trailer; coming October 11th
  • Fable: The Journey announced; trailer; gameplay Kinect compatible; epic carriage driving; railway magic FPS?
  • Minecraft for Xbox and Kinect announced for release in the winter
  • Disney parks game announced; gameplay
  • Kinect Star Wars officially announced; trailer; gameplay
  • Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster announced; gameplay
  • Kinect Fun Labs announced to let Xbox Live users use previously PC prototypes, available for all Xbox Live users; includes making a personalized avatar via the camera, finger tracking, 3-D artwork, and object scanning; goes live today
  • Kinect Sports: Season Two announced; trailer; golf and football gameplay
  • Dance Central 2 announced; voice compatibility; importable songs; campaign mode; multiplayer mode
  • Halo 4 announced; teaser trailer, releasing Holiday 2012; part of "a new trilogy"
  • http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713287/e3-2011-microsoft-press-conference-wrap-up/

EA PRESS CONFERENCE

• http://live-event.ea.com/e3/press
  • Mass Effect releasing 6, 2012
  • Need 4 Speed: On The Run gameplay; will include autolog and on foot action (QTEs) as you race to New York
  • New Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer
  • SSX trailer; will include every major mountain range in the world; coming January 2012
  • EA Sports FIFA 2012 gameplay detailed released; trailer; EA Sports Football Club announced at no charge
  • Madden NFL 2012 trailer; Peyton Hillis, Ray Lewis, and Clay Matthews announce it (Matthews with Lombardi trophy) (Kinect)
  • The Sims: Social announced for Facebook; trailer
  • Reckoning trailer shown by 34 Studios founder Curt Schilling; says that presenting it was better than being in the three World Series' he's played in
  • Insomnic announces Overstrike with trailer
  • Battlefield gameplay trailer shown; announcement of multiplayer open beta in September; singleplayer gameplay with tank and AC130 control; releasing October 25
UBISOFT PRESS CONFERENCE

• Rayman Origins announced with trailer and gameplay
  • Seems to focus on Ubisoft's 25th anniversary
  • Driver San Francisco announced with trailer
  • Far Cry 3 announced with gameplay; coming in 2012
  • Brothers in Arms: Furious 4 announced with trailer; coming in 2012
  • The Adventures of Tintin: The Game is announced with a trailer; Steven Spielberg worked with the production
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Solider gameplay shown; shows 4 person co-op campaign play; shows drone gameplay that was shown in trailer; multiple HUDs; thermobaric charge shown; synchronized kills shown; gunsmith announced; Conflict multiplayer mode announced
  • Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Online announced; free to play
  • Trackmania 2: Canyon announced; trailer shows extensive map editor and 200 player races
  • Raving Rabbids: One and Alive for Kinect announced with gameplay; 4 player co-op
  • Just Dance 3 announced; trailer announces it coming to the Wii, Playstation Move, and Kinect; releasing in October
  • Rocksmith announced; trailer says to provide a realistic guitar-playing experience; coming in the summer
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 announced; trailer; releasing in November 2011
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations shown; new trailer shows Altair's presence in the game; gameplay
SONY PRESS CONFERENCE

• Jack Tretton formally apologizes for the PSN outage.
  • Partnership with CinemaNow announced
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sinking cruse liner gameplay shown; partnership with Subway announced with a chance to win early access to the multiplayer; trailer; releasing on November 1
  • Resistance 3 St. Louis gameplay shown; Resistance 3-Move package announced
  • God of War Origins and Ico and Shadow of Collessous HD 3-D bundles announced
  • 24" 3-D display announced; glasses allow to view the full screen in split screen mode; package with Resistance 3 will be $499
  • NBA 2K12 shown; NBA On the Move announced, lets the game to be played with Move
  • NICE SHOT, JEREMY
  • New inFamous 2 trailer
  • Starhawk trailer shown
  • Sly Cooper 4 becomes Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time trailer; coming in 2012
  • Dust 514 trailer shown
  • Bioshock: Infinite trailer shown; Ken Levine talks about his remarks against the Move; announces a Bioshock game for the NGP; PS3 players that buy Bioshock: Infinite will get the original game on the same disc
  • Exclusive Saints Row 3 game mode only for PS3
  • Star Trek game announced with trailer; coming in 2012; will include a playable prequel only available on the Playstation Store
  • Exclusive cars for Need For Speed: The Run only on the PS3
  • Battlefield 1943 will be bundled with the PS3 version of Battlefield 3
  • Playstation Suite announced; will be used with specialized Android phones
  • NGP is named Playstation Vita, or PSVita; meant for "life"; dual analog sticks, six-axis, front and rear touch screens and cameras, wi-fi capability, and some models will have 3G (AT&T-exclusive); Near announced; cross game chat
  • Uncharted game for PSVita shown
  • Ruin gameplay shown (Vita)
  • Modnation Racers Vita gameplay shown
  • Everyone working on Vita is a mouth breather
  • Cross-playing announced; 8 Vita or PS3 players can play at once
  • LittleBigPlanet for the Vita announced; trailer
  • Street Fighter cross Tekken game for Vita announced; Cole from InFamous announced as a fighter; gameplay
  • 80 titles for Vita are said to be in development
NINTENDO PRESS CONFERENCE
I'm kind of late for this. X|

• Wii U revealed
  • Super Smash Brothers 4 revealed for 3DS and Wii U, although not shown
  • Lego: City Stories announced to be in development
  • Darksiders II, a Tekken Wii successor with character customization, Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, an Aliens game, Ninja Gaiden 3, Metro Last Light, and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online announced to be in development for the Wii U
  • EA games like Madden NFL 2012, Army of Two, Battlefield 3, FIFA 2012, and the next Harry Potter game announced to be in development for Wii U
TRAILERS AND PREVIEWS

GAMEPLAY

ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Truck, Grinch, and Firefly more confirmed NPCs in Modern Warfare 3
  • MW3: still no single player campaign

Last edited:

Flatline

Professional Lurker
Meh... The only game I'm slightly interested in is the new Need for Speed but I'm pretty sure they will fuck it up again.

Rouz

Nothing New Under the Sun
HALO 4, I just didn't see this coming. Completely out of left field. HALO 4, 5,6 confirmed.

I think Microsoft completely forgot about the core-gamer. They were Kinect crazy, and all the game on Kinect didn't interest me, Fable look like garbage and I don't even know how bad that star wars game can possible turn out. It was jittery, and who wants to to wave their hands around with nothing in them? Kevin Butler was right, I need something to hold in my hand.

Last edited:
L

Larry

I'm glad YouTube is coming to Xbox, but I was hoping for a web browser that's better than the PS3's.

Excited: Halo 4

Worried: Bioshock Infinite

Hated: Majority of Kinect games coming soon...150 bucks burned.

Rouz

Excited: Halo 4

Worried: Bioshock Infinite

Hated: Majority of Kinect games coming soon...150 bucks burned.

Why? That game is probably going to the best of 2012 without a doubt in my mind. Ken Levine and Irrational are great developers, that push video games into a true story telling medium of its own. That game has pedigree in it's blood.

Why are you worried about it? Plus it doesn't come out till 2012 sometime.

Flatline

Professional Lurker
I'm kind of worried about Frictional Games wanting to develop for the 360... They mentioned something about motion controls, and I really hope their games won't be AssBox exclusives from now on. Frictional is the only good horror game developer since Team Silent, and their next game is the only one I'm actually looking forward to.

Last edited:

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
[video=youtube;TC2yMKMENdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2yMKMENdg[/video]

Rouz

I think if anything they're trying to make the Kinect appeal to them. See shit like Mass Effect 3 and Fable using Kinect.

Fable looked stupid....

Mass Effect 3 omg!!!!! That was awesome, it streamlines the gameplay, no more radial menu for the action sequences. The voice for th character interaction looks awesome its one step closer to fill immersion. I jizzed my pants a little bit

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Carnie

I'm liking the Skyrim gameplay at least.

Why? That game is probably going to the best of 2012 without a doubt in my mind. Ken Levine and Irrational are great developers, that push video games into a true story telling medium of its own. That game has pedigree in it's blood.

Why are you worried about it? Plus it doesn't come out till 2012 sometime.

You're seriously preaching to the choir as far as developing and story telling goes.

The Bioshock series is my favourite game series ever, that's why I'm worried. It looks great, but there were a few additions (like time-rip control? or whatever) that seemed like they might take away from the core that I love.

I will still probably buy the most advanced special edition game they'll sell, but little things like that, that are supposed to "wow" me, or get me excited - Tend to worry me when they're just so damn proud of it. That's why I listed it as "worried".

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
The only thing that can redeem this E3 is valve finally showing off Episode 3....

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
And with that, Just Cause 2 remains the only reason I own a 360. Until I get Windows 7 next year, at least.

L

Larry

Oh look, another Need For Speed game. How originaOOOHHH SHIT HE GOT OUT OF THE CAR!!!