• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ear pointing

Lucifer_Regal

I know I might get a lot of stick for this, but I'm seriously considering getting my ears pointed. I've done a lot of research but what I have failed to find is a detailed log or description of the healing process. If any of you have had the procedure done and are willing to talk about it to me, I would be eternally grateful.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
I know I might get a lot of stick for this
Why would we get angry? It's your body and ear pointing is hardly a disgusting or stupid thing to change.

It looks pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
So what are your reasons for wanting to have this done?

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
body modifications are dumb, period

good luck getting a job out side of body modifications with one

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
body modifications are dumb, period

good luck getting a job out side of body modifications with one

It probably wouldn't be to hard to get a job. It's not something like getting horn implants or full face tattoos. This one would be easier to hide.

Lucifer_Regal

People do give me stick whenever I mention even the idea for some reason I can't even begin to comprehend.

As for my reason, my ears have always been something I've had a problem accepting. They just aren't right. They're small with no lobes and look like they've been squished forwards. I was looking into plastic surgery when I discovered the ear pointings done by samppa von cyborg. I realised then that I wanted them. I stepped away for two years and thought about it carefully. I have decided that I do want to look into the procedure again and thus this.

As for a job, I'm self-employed as a handyman with a well established customer base and expanding my business constantly. I'm a qualified builder and electrician.

Kluuvdar

Supreme Grocer
It probably wouldn't be to hard to get a job. It's not something like getting horn implants or full face tattoos. This one would be easier to hide.

Horn implants? People get those? :O
Neat.

E

Elim Garak

Can you do the Vulcan salute for me when you get it and take a pic?

Lucifer_Regal

*elf
Just saying because Star Trek is just stupid. The physics makes me laugh out loud. Saying that, I suppose it does make a good comedy.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
You'd want to research a very skilled and experienced body modder to do this. (Note: Most surgeons will not touch this sort of thing with a tenfoot pole). So you need to find a reputable body artist with a clean shop. This may mean you have to go across the country, but your ears are attached to you forever so make sure you take the time to find the right person for the job and that you have enough cash for it (probably $700-$1,500). The ear will be cut and stitched, with a bandange holding the cartilege up so that it heals in a point. Make sure that the wrapping support is always correct, that is how the ear will heal in the desired effect. The stitches will be removed two to three weeks from the time of the modification and healing is generally about four weeks I've heard. I think you have to wear the supporter for longer than the stitches are in so that you don't end up with folded, wrinkly, or mishapen ears.
Good luck.

And if you are a construction worker it shouldn't be too difficult to be able to wear a hat to special contract meetings with clients or such. The construction fields are open and amiable with tattooing and scarification body mods, so it may be a field more tolerable with elfy ears as well. It's still something to think about though, in ten years time will those ears hold you back from some huge contract or put off potential new customers? But you said you've thought this over for about two years, so if that's the case I suppose do what you want. It is your body after all.

Lucifer_Regal

I've researched all the artists I could find doing the procedure and samppa von cyborg's work is fantastic. They actually look natural. But yeah, I'm just looking for someone I could speak to about the healing process.

I have to agree with you on the horn implants though. There are implants which you screw horns into and they don't look like zits but then you have metal screw sockets IN YOUR HEAD. Not to my taste.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Cartilidge is a bit notorious for infection etc. Make sure you go to someone you've thoroughly vetted, and do not slack off on the after care even for a day. It can take six months just for a cartilidge piercing to heal, so this will be a long and probably painful process. Thoroughly do your research, and be aware that it will be constant care while healing, and that may be a while. Good luck!

Kluuvdar

Supreme Grocer
it's not what you think, it makes you look like a Klingon

Well, I suppose some people really like them. To me horn implants just look like giant forehead boils or tremendous mega-zits.

SO not what I thought they were.

*elf
Just saying because Star Trek is just stupid. The physics makes me laugh out loud. Saying that, I suppose it does make a good comedy.

Better than the Star Wars interpretation >.>

Horn implants. To make furries look hornier than average :B

We need that :D

Last edited:

Dreaming

A quick search took me to this page :V

The surgery is painful and irreversible. It's one body modification change, unlike a tattoo or a piercing, that you can't take back.
[...]
But another who had the procedure complained about the excruciating pain, especially when trying to sleep, to avoid lying on the healing ear.
[...]
"The real risks are one - major deformity of the ear, which is very easy to have happen and two, infection of the ear," said Dr. Arthur W. Perry, author of "Straight Talk About Cosmetic Surgery." "And if infection occurs, it can destroy the ear within days."

Why not go for a fake ear kind of thing?

soutthpaw

DeafFur
I say do what you want to and screw what anyone else says. Maybe vets could start doing this as alternate income source. heck they do it all the time on dogs

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
I say do what you want to and screw what anyone else says. Maybe vets could start doing this as alternate income source. heck they do it all the time on dogs

Because I totally want my vet with a degree in performing surgery on animals to perform a life-changing, expensive, and painful surgery on my ears that will stay with me for the rest of my life. Couldn't be more qualified.

Anyways. OP. I' with Deo. Those pointed ears may look cool now but years down the road, you might come to regret it. I'm like that with people that get tattoos and shit allll over their bodies. Might look cool having flames and skulls as sleeve tattoos when you're in your 20's, but when you're 40+ settling down with a growing family they may not look so cool. But that's your decision to make, not mine.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
the main reason i discourage people doing body modifications is that most people who do regret it.

when you get something like your ears done, it will stay like that, for the rest of your life. when you're young this may sound cool, but as you get older, there is a very high chance you will regret ever doing it.
you will tell yourself today "i'll never regret it" just like everyone else did
but how do you know what you will like when you are older? most people who try to predict are wrong...

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
Because I totally want my vet with a degree in performing surgery on animals to perform a life-changing, expensive, and painful surgery on my ears that will stay with me for the rest of my life. Couldn't be more qualified.
Actually, I worked for a vet and I'd rather have a DVM cut and suture my ears rather than a "body modification artist" with no actual medical-esque degree. And I've been treated for cuts and gouges by the vet I worked for, the medicenes they use on animals are for the most part identical to those they use on humans; dosages being the key difference. And suturing is suturing, skin is skin, and cartilege is cartilege no matter what species it is in. There really isn't a vast difference between shaping dogs' ears surgically and shaping humans' ears surgically.

The only reason you would go to a body modification person over a vet would be that the body modifier would have more experience performing the procedure. That's really the only thing setting them apart.

Anyways. OP. I' with Deo. Those pointed ears may look cool now but years down the road, you might come to regret it. I'm like that with people that get tattoos and shit allll over their bodies. Might look cool having flames and skulls as sleeve tattoos when you're in your 20's, but when you're 40+ settling down with a growing family they may not look so cool. But that's your decision to make, not mine.
This is not what I meant. I am an avid fan of tattoos and I think they look awesome at 40, 60, or 80 years old. Regret is possible, but that's not for us to judge what another person may or may not regret ten or twenty years from now. It's best to let people make these decisions without us projecting regret onto them.
tumblr_m0266pOrLG1r8qy2yo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m025rsXdPv1r8qy2yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m0ia4jHYMT1r8qy2yo1_1280.jpg

sethwood-4b.jpg

I cannot see that being the owner of such art would be a bad thing.
tattooed-men.jpg

Last edited: