• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ear pointing

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
tumblr_m0ia4jHYMT1r8qy2yo1_1280.jpg
I actually said, "Oh wow, jeez," out loud. I'm generally ambivalent about tattoos, but that's gorgeous.

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
Sorry, Deo, definitely misunderstood you. You bring up good points, too, thanks for your input on the vet thing!

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
I know I might get a lot of stick for this, but I'm seriously considering getting my ears pointed. I've done a lot of research but what I have failed to find is a detailed log or description of the healing process. If any of you have had the procedure done and are willing to talk about it to me, I would be eternally grateful.

Having jumped right on this without reading any responses to this OP, I'm wondering if anyone has yet commented as to why you'd want to look like a Vulcan.

Kangamutt

OP, at least you've taken the time to think this over, which some people really should do. Been thinking over a tattoo myself, though I feel I need to make my decision sometime soon, as I planned it for specifically this year.

Also, if they do look natural enough, you can always tell your employer that they have been like that you whole life. :p

This is not what I meant. I am an avid fan of tattoos and I think they look awesome at 40, 60, or 80 years old. Regret is possible, but that's not for us to judge what another person may or may not regret ten or twenty years from now. It's best to let people make these decisions without us projecting regret onto them.
tumblr_m0266pOrLG1r8qy2yo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m025rsXdPv1r8qy2yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m0ia4jHYMT1r8qy2yo1_1280.jpg

sethwood-4b.jpg

I cannot see that being the owner of such art would be a bad thing.
tattooed-men.jpg

Damn those are some sweet tattoos. And I love the caption for the bottom picture. My grandfather is in his late 70's with a few visible tattoos on his arms, and they look good on him.

Having jumped right on this without reading any responses to this OP, I'm wondering if anyone has yet commented as to why you'd want to look like a Vulcan.

Yep. Mentioned already. Late to the party, Roose. :p

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

Furryjones

I'd personally never get it done, mainly for one I never watched Star Trek and frankly I don't like elves very much, smug, pompous think they're so high and mighty lol But that is just my opinion don't let me discourage you, go for it and have the pointiest ears you can get :)

LouyieBlu

Contemplative Nitwit
Why would we get angry? It's your body and ear pointing is hardly a disgusting or stupid thing to change.

It looks pretty damn cool if you ask me.

I agree, Redfoxtwo.
1) Lucifer (or Regal or both) why would you get hate about this thread, its a clear thought out thread?, unlike some other newer people posts.
2)That sounds amazing! I might look into that later.
3) As Red said above, its your body, do what ever the hell your want with it, although personally I wouldnt do something if it had long term detrimental effects, just me.
4) I am a LOTR fan, thus a fan of pointed ears, I think that would look very good.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Lucifer_Regal

http://nathansummers.tumblr.com/post/21757987464/ear-pointing-by-samppa-von-cyborg-healed-at-two

Just to get back on topic from... chest things
That's the kind of point I'd go for.
Natural-looking and not likely to nterferere too much with social interactions.
Like I was saying, I'm looking to see if any of you guys on the forum had had this done and would talk to me about the healing process because some of you guys are quite friendly and it'd be less intimidating to approach someone as a fellow furry than me talking to some "tumblr-famous" guy.

Teal

Squirrel
http://nathansummers.tumblr.com/post/21757987464/ear-pointing-by-samppa-von-cyborg-healed-at-two

Just to get back on topic from... chest things
Like I was saying, I'm looking to see if any of you guys on the forum had had this done and would talk to me about the healing process because some of you guys are quite friendly and it'd be less intimidating to approach someone as a fellow furry than me talking to some "tumblr-famous" guy.
Well that's definately more naturel looking than a lot I've seen.

MattisVeneficus

Gentleman
I've got a friend with that.
I actually do have it. Luckily, though, its not nearly as severe as the picture on wikipedia or the tattoo one.
Instead of looking totally horrific, it pronounces my pectus muscles, making them look a lot bigger than they actually are. ^^ But, people still know that my chest shouldn't be the way it is.
Also, no breathing problems/heart deformations that i know of from it, so i don't need surgery.

Back on topic:
The thing about the tattoos and body modification for me is not what people would think, but what about when you get really old and wrinkly? They wouldn't look half as cool as they did when you first got them.

Xenke

I know what you're trying to say, but I can't help but feel this statement is kind of ridiculous. Isn't the whole point to take what is a "natural" ear and distort it to something you find more appealing? Maybe it's just because I find ear-pointing generally unattractive and unappealing, but yea... just a thought.

In any case, good luck with that. As others have said, make sure you get someone credible.

Sevipervert

Ding a dang dong
I know what you're trying to say, but I can't help but feel this statement is kind of ridiculous. Isn't the whole point to take what is a "natural" ear and distort it to something you find more appealing?

I suppose natural in the sense of "not looking completely off/different from the human body".

To OP: I remember wanting to do it when I was a kid, but I grew out of it. Then again, I wanted to be General Grievous when I was a child too, so yes. Children want odd things. Point is, it's cool you're going through with it.