• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Earliest anthro/furry-related memories

Black Ice

Sugar-coated marshmallow
I always preferred to play with animal-based toys such as Beanie Babies and other plastic animals instead of Barbie dolls and other stuff like that. Playing with "humans" seemed too mundane, and too *girly* as I was an adamant tomboy through my youth.
The most prominent media titles that come to mind are The Lion King movies, Balto movies, Frog & Toad books, Once Upon a Forest, Pokemon, Digimon, Neopets, Disney's Robin Hood, The Great Mouse Detective... pretty much all disney movies

Nordo Huskamute

I need coffee
I haven't seen the Secret of NIMH mentioned. That and An American Tale were probably the first ones that I really got into the characters, before that everything was just a cartoon...

Riho

Your brain cells are mine
I haven't seen the Secret of NIMH mentioned. That and An American Tale were probably the first ones that I really got into the characters, before that everything was just a cartoon...

Dude, I feel it.

Golden

I haven't seen Spiro or Crash Bandicoot mentioned here much... guess no one had PS1. 90s Disney movies played a big part too, but TV would probably be the biggest factor here. Hell, took me until I was 10 or 12 to watch anything else other than cartoons.

skyelar

Snowy Fox Butt
I haven't seen Spiro or Crash Bandicoot mentioned here much... guess no one had PS1. 90s Disney movies played a big part too, but TV would probably be the biggest factor here. Hell, took me until I was 10 or 12 to watch anything else other than cartoons.
Are you kidding me? Those were my favorite games!
I just hadn't thought about them as the basis of my furry before...

Golden

Are you kidding me? Those were my favorite games! I just hadn't thought about them as the basis of my furry before...
I know those games are the first "furry" games that pop into your head when you think about them, but they definitely contributed to my furriness.

Trybal Wolf

Lupine Fur
I've been drawn to wolves since before I can remember.

There was this stop-motion animation film called Dougal and the Blue Cat I used to watch all the time as a kid. Even though the audience was primarily kids between the ages of 2-10, there are some really creepy bits in it, and the whole film itself looks like it was inspired by an LSD trip.

[video=youtube;YiESwuVz_bI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiESwuVz_bI[/video]

That's probably one of the creepiest parts right there.

Oh, and Spyro the Dragon for PS1. I played the hell out of that game.

Kitte

~Compulsive Animal Hoarder~
From about 8 until now I have read the Redwall book "The Taggerung" about 10 times, amongst others and I never get tired of it. At 10 I decided I was an Otter, and even made up an Otter swimming competition so I could get my brother to do it with me XD
I wore collars and tails before I even knew what furries were, deep down I think every child has a dream of being an animal, a friend's little girl we used to babysit always without fail wanted to be a fox at 6 years old, and my mum would give her a tail and a set of ears when we babysat her and for hours she would hide under a chair or run around the house on all fours making squeaky "fox noises" and I distinctly remember doing the same when I was her age.
And of course there was Farthing wood I was in love with those foxes, the fox and the hound was one of my favourite movies, and the tales of Peter Rabbit as both books and a tv series, and all my dreams from a young age were about talking animals or people with tails

Liam Einarr

Wait, what?
When I was younger I loved watching Disney movies, my favorite being the Aristocats, and tv shows like Redwall. I was so exited when I found out that redwall was a book series, not just a tv show that played on early Sunday morning... But my parents are veterinarians so animals have always played a major part in my life.

Caden_The_Dingo

Submissive
Surprisingly for me, my first experience was at a state fair and I saw some dude in a wolf fursuit. (No, he didn't work there. I remember him not holding a sign or anything and he seemed to be having fun unlike most people in costume.)

Riho

Your brain cells are mine
Surprisingly for me, my first experience was at a state fair and I saw some dude in a wolf fursuit. (No, he didn't work there. I remember him not holding a sign or anything and he seemed to be having fun unlike most people in costume.)

See? Furries have fun being furries!

nokoto

My earliest memory of this sorta stuff was when I was around 5 or 6 and I would go to my brothers baseball games and I would try to get all the kids at the park to play with me. I normally played like wolves or horses I still got to the park and play with the kids (I'm younger than 15 so its not as weird) . I also have dreams of my fursona more than what's socially acceptable.

Last edited:

Loralillie_Rowle

!SpAzZyCaT!
Mine was the lion king, when it first came out. Idr how old I was.

But I LOVED that movie to an obsessive degree. For years I ran around the house on all fours growling pretending I was a lion. Everyday until I was like a teenager.

And also, I had one of those big family doll house things and Barbies house and stuff. But I was always more interested in playing with my animal figures in the houses than the people.

I guess I’ve always been furry. 0_o

Razorscab

Still sad about MCR
My mom used to show me Disney movies even as a baby and my earliest favorites were The Lion King, The Jungle Book and Robin Hood. Mostly all of my favorite movies/tv shows from then on included anthros or talking animals. I can remember myself being 3 or 4 years old sitting at the kitchen table and trying to draw some of the characters.

Nordo Huskamute

I need coffee
The original Winnie the Pooh shorts and An American Tale are the earliest furry-like things I can remember enjoying. Used to watch them all the time.

Oh I loved An American Tale!

Cross

I grew up watching shows like Bamse, The Animals of Farthing Wood, Noah's Island and movies like Robin Hood and The Land Before Time.

I remember when they just started to send Pokemon on Swedish TV :3. I ran up early every sunday to watch the weekly episode on our TV but the connection was so bad that the half episode was just static.