• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Earth Entering New Extinction Phase: Stanford, Princeton, Berkeley (Strong Language)

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Re: Earth Entering New Extinction Phase: Stanford, Princeton, Berkeley (Strong Langua

I'm not a religious man, but if there is a god out there who cares, please, please let me be wrong.
You won't get any sympathy from the Abrahamic God, that's for sure.

Xela-Dasi

PiratePiratePiratePirateP irate
Re: Earth Entering New Extinction Phase: Stanford, Princeton, Berkeley (Strong Langua

I remember reading something about artificial intelligence earlier this year, and of course like many articles/presentations they gave an educated prediction that AI will likely arrive in the next 50-100 years. After that they said there would be an explosion of technological advancements and scientific discoveries.

I believe it's only a matter of time until they succeed, but really who knows what an AI will do when it's created. Would it kill us all? Work along side us and help us to save our planet? Would it completely ignore us because we're too slow for it and just do its own thing (don't forget that a microsecond for a computer is an incredible amount of time)?

If we can make an AI that is not on our side, but on the side of life, I think that would be one huge step to redeeming ourselves. Humanity as a whole sure as shit won't stop destroying the planet, but perhaps an AI can do something about it =/

just think of it like that :

you were created by some aliens but you are 10x more intelligent than them. The planet is dying. What do you do?

If AI will exist and be intelligent, it is 100% sure that it will be conscious and have a personality.

Tao

Hare Boi

Honestly, if things got bad enough that people began to die off then people would take it seriously and educate themselves. We have societal issues that are shaping people to be self-centered and greedy without regard to others or the environment.

People aren't awful by nature, but they sure can act awful.

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted

We lose the bees we lose a lot more than just the things they pollinate and honey. You would be astounded at the amount of things that you use everyday that can't function without beeswax.

Sounds like bee farming will become a profitable investment in the future.

Kosdu

Sounds like bee farming will become a profitable investment in the future.

I'm pretty sure it is, it's the only way to get actual honey.

Actual honey is great, got a tub in my fridge.

Erzyal

Keeper of useless information

Problem is that colony collapse is accelerating beyond even the wildest predictions even in bee farms

Tao

Hare Boi

I know one step would be to eliminate our waste. Organic waste can be used to farm mushrooms, which in turn can be eaten and the remaining waste can be fed to animals or used to farm worms. Fungi are the future, man.