• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Earthquake!

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
The last earthquake we had was in '07-'08 somewhere in that time line

It was like, a 7 I think
I wasn't there when it happened

Kobu

California, we have them on a daily basis under magnitude 2, sometimes we feel them if theyre a bit higher
That makes sense, with the fault there. I'm in the state over... Nevada. I can't remember an earthquake ever.

Darkwing

Nope, I didn't feel any of it yet.

Although there are a bunch of stories on the local news about people feeling it in local towns/counties. I'm not expecting much, though, because I'm all the way up in the mountains.

slydude851

PSN ID: Slydude851
I don't know when it happened but I think I was on the toilet at the time. Ate bad stuff, bad stuff=bad poop :(

Surgat

Where is your mod now?
I felt it.

It felt kind of like a large truck going by.

Corto

Are Earthquakes common anywhere? :p
Well yeah. For example in my shitty country

Also, pffff, 4.7 you say? After the big 8.1 honcho hit us in February we were getting 4.7 and above afterschocks daily. You Canadians don't know what an earthquake is.

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
Well yeah. For example in my shitty country

Also, pffff, 4.7 you say? After the big 8.1 honcho hit us in February we were getting 4.7 and above afterschocks daily. You Canadians don't know what an earthquake is.
well considering theyre beyond far from a fault then its normal.

alaskawolf

are you in Chile ? largest one ive been in was a 7.9 . we get multiple quakes daily but most are small

Tomias_Redford

Knight Of Time
These are all signs of the end!

2012 is approaching, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES...

jk jk

Irreverent

Do Earthquakes ever really happen in that area or is it uncommon?

Small quakes in the 1-3.5 range are common. Is a side effect of the massive Canadian Shield rock structure rising after being compressed by the last ice age.

In southern Ontario, I didn't feel a thing, but there's a new crack in the concrete out by the pool that wasn't there yesterday. No other damage to the house, it didn't even rattle the china. The Niagara Escarpment may have deflected the waves, I didn't feel anything here.

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
A 4.7 'quake?

We get dozens of these a year down here in NewZild... there's no point in getting out of bed for anything less than a 5-pointer on the Richter scale :)